ELI is going to be highest paid player???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

there are reports Eli will be getting around 120 millon for 6yrs.is this guy really worth this money?or deserve to be the highest paid player in the NFL?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/01/13/2009-01-13_giant_payday_coming_to_eli_manning_after-2.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

You're worth whatever someone else is willing to pay you.
    Obviously, Jerry Reese thinks he's worth it, and nobody elses opinion means a thing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[Quote]You're worth whatever someone else is willing to pay you.
    Obviously, Jerry Reese thinks he's worth it, and nobody elses opinion means a thing.[/Quote]sure everyones opinion means something.you gave yours didnt you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Laughable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

[Quote]sure everyones opinion means something.you gave yours didnt you?[/Quote]Just because I gave it, doesn't mean it means anything.
    At least that's what my wife keeps telling me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

jar- i know your an eli,and giants fan.im not saying he isnt good,or dosent deserve to be paid well,but i just dont think he deserves to be paid like the best player in the nfl.yes your right if they pay him that much then they do.but it really makes you scratch your head over some contracts that are made.between some teams,and some players,and there real worth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

[Quote]jar- i know your an eli,and giants fan.im not saying he isnt good,or dosent deserve to be paid well,but i just dont think he deserves to be paid like the best player in the nfl.yes your right if they pay him that much then they do.but it really makes you scratch your head over some contracts that are made.between some teams,and some players,and there real worth.[/Quote]moss, maybe being the highest paid player doesn't mean you're necessarily the best player.
    Think about Eli in terms of value to the franchise-He's squeaky clean, he does tons of community service stuff, he sells a lot of merchandise, he's still very young, and yes, he does have a Super Bowl MVP ring.
    And anyways, he'll only be the highest paid until the next young gun comes along, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Cutler, Matt Ryan, who knows?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Goober will be booed out of the Meadow Lands when he starts sucking next year if that is the case. This year he gets a pass for the last 5 games. Next year he get crucified.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]You're worth whatever someone else is willing to pay you.
    Obviously, Jerry Reese thinks he's worth it, and nobody elses opinion means a thing.[/Quote]

I am certain NY fans have their opinions since that last game and they may not be pretty. What prompted such a deal anyway? If true.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

[Quote]

I am certain NY fans have their opinions since that last game and they may not be pretty. What prompted such a deal anyway? If true.[/Quote]bill, contrary to what you may hear, not one Giant fan I've spoken to since the Philly loss is down on Eli one bit.
    While acknowledging he had a bad game, it's evident that he, and the whole offense, have missed plaxico more than they were letting on.
    The media will try to drum up anti-Eli hysteria to make things interesting, but it's not the case.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Jar,

I hear about some crap NY fans are throwing Eli's way, but, that is the way it is, fans being fans. I do not go to the Giant boards so I have to rely on your comment as to the overall fan base of NY's feelings toward Eli. Really no different than what we saw here in the early days of Cassel taking over for Brady. Suddenly he is worth franchising when in the preseason many here wanted him out!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from papifan111. Show papifan111's posts

GOOD LET THE GIANTS OVERPAY for a mediocre QB. The real Eli Manning played against the eagles, no TOP WR, NO GOOD QB, and even when he did have plax his defense and running game made up for his lack of skill. Yea keep sayin Eli is so great especially when he hocks up a football with his eyes closed (by the way he was down by the grasp rule LOL giants get away with another one) and Tyree makes one of the craziest catches ive ever seen. was it Eli that lead the giants to the superbowl. No, it wasnt he helped but i think many other QB's couldve with the same team.

Plain and Simple Eli is no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning Period.

But please blow the cap on him =)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ieyetouch. Show ieyetouch's posts

Forget the fact that Eli is a drip. If it weren't for the "helmet catch" and the AS dropped interception in SB, New York would be running this guy out of town. He has a good arm, but he is a mediocre QB at best.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Goober.... err Eli is an average QB at best. He ...err the Giants defenese got hot at the end of last year on their way to the SB. That and the last "drive" ...err stepped in sh*t ..apparrently is worth
    $120 million bucks. What a joke... Ican name 10 QB's better than Eli.

1. Tom Brady
    2. Peyton Manning
    3. Ben Rothlisberger
    4. Donovan McNabb
    5. Kurt Warner
    6. Jay Culter
    7. Matt Hasselback
    8. Carson Palmer
    9. Jake Delhomme
    10. Drew Brees
    11. Phillip Rovers
    12. Tony Romo

Ok 12 off the topmof my head.
    He Plays in NY
    He's a Manning
    Hey that's worth $120 mllion in and of itself

Eli blows....the stars had to allign pefectly for him
    last year...it was fate..not talent...its just sucks that the Pat's were in the way of fate.

So now he get's rewarded for basically one play... the helmet catch....and credit for that should go to
    Tyree not Eli.

Life is not fair folks.. I guess we shouldn't even go there. Enjoy the payday Goober !!! Well deserved!!!..NOT !!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

I heard that news last night and kept thinking, that is a huge load of cash to be shoving down the toilet. Oh well!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

This is from a Giants fan right beneath that column.

"ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDIN ME? The model of inconsistancy and the spokesman for why I live on Tums is out to make 120 Mil? NO WAY. In that case sign Jacobs and Ward - get Warner back since he is a UFA and go to San Fran or AZ and get either Leinart or Smith... or better yet go to Cleveland and get Brady Quinn a Notre Dame guy.. Trade Cleveland Quinn and B Edwards for Manning. Now I love Manning for not losing the Superbowl last yr and for that great playoff run he had.. but if it wasn't for his WRs making circus catches Eli would have been exposed LONG AGO for how crappy he is.. as we all seen a few days ago! I am still for booting Eli unless he shows that consistancy we seen for 4 games last year... and again I thank the Wrs more so than I do him for most of that. No way is he worth 120 Million - This has to be a rumor!"

My cousins who are life long Gints fans feel the same way. They think a huge part of this deal has to do with marketing and the dollars that Manning brings in as opposed to how a good a QB he actually is or is not. I don't neceassrily disagree, as the ability to catch headlines is a core component of being competitive in NY.

I also told them it is part of salary inflation. If his brother or Brady were free agents they would stand to make much, much more than that if they wanted to. Making now, what McNabb made years ago isn't the coup that some people think it is. Making what Carson Palmer got as a rookie isn't the coup that people think it is. Making less than Vick is just silly and sad, but then that was one of the worst contracts ever.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Eli is not a top ten QB. If I am a Giants fan (and I'm not) I'd be very concerned about Jacobs and Ward signing. Eli will look worse without a great running game. And Plaxico could be suspended or get jail time and miss a large part of the season. I have no idea about their cap situation, though. Teams can spend money on whichever player they want. That list above indicating Eli to be the 12th ranked QB is about right. Once you get into the marketing and face of the franchise type scenarios (se Vick deal) the numbers can get ridiculous.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from papifan111. Show papifan111's posts

If they overpay with him they will have to let ward go, let's reel him in shall we?

I;m guessing all those giant fans voted Eli for president as well.

What a joke that's why NE is smart and NY just overpays to try to keep up with Boston.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

[Quote]Here is one Patriots fan who is EXCITED that the Giants are breaking the bank for Eli. It means they cannot other quality players !! - SWEET !![/Quote]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

[Quote]Here is one Patriots fan who is EXCITED that the Giants are breaking the bank for Eli. It means they cannot other quality players !! - SWEET !![/Quote]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

With all due respect to everyone, why do you care what the Giants do unless you are a Giants fan?
    If the Giants want to take up that much cap room on Eli then that's great as far as I'm concerned. I don't have to pay for a PSL in their shared stadium with the Jets and they aren't the team that I root for. Any bone headed move that they make is actually good for the Pats. I don't think that Eli is worth anywhere near that money but I sure hope that the Giants give it to him.

JAR comes across to me as a Giants fan who can roll with the give and take and talk football. How come most other fans of the NY teams can't be that way?

Just my two cents.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Here is one Patriots fan who is EXCITED that the Giants are breaking the bank for Eli. It means they cannot other quality players !! - SWEET !!
    from PatFaninBA in Post #6594318835927959554

Ya know... you are 100% correct my friend. My nausea at Eli making that kind of cash just went away. Let him have $200 million and then we can flush the Jints down the toilet.

That's just soo NOT the Patriots way.

That big pile of s**t Goober Manning stepped in last year still makes me want to hurl however. An lets not forget Gaptooth..."we stomped you out"..LOL 17-14 ??? Where is the somp part? You still needed the refs to swallow the whistles and the forementioned pile of s**t to step in on order to "stomp" us out. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze !!

Still bitter about 2007? Yeah... I am !!! All this talk of Goober getting "rewarded" basically for what he stepped in in the SB is just a big burr under my saddle.

I'm just thrilled hwoever that both the Mannings gor bounced out of the playoffs in the 1st round. Ahhh harmony is returning the universe !!!!
    GO PATS !!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

20 million a year for this guy? I wonder if the giants made this offer before the Philly game. But, really, who cares? Let the giants pay him 40 million a year, they just insure that they'll not see another SB in my lifetime. Excellent.

Just like his brother, he was very, very lucky to win his one lousy SB.

Look at how the giants fell on their faces after the plaxico's gunslinger incident. Did wonder boy complete another pass the rest of the year? Did they win another game?

Contrast this with Brady's record with the total loosers (except troy and branch) he had for 3 SB wins. If wonder-boy is worth 20 mill, how much is brady worth?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Everybody in Jints land loves him ever since "the play" aka:

the lucky wobbler that stuck to the secondstring receiver's helmet after three holding penalties were not called...

In other words he's really good...

Sections
Shortcuts