ELI is going to be highest paid player???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

[Quote][Quote][Quote]
    Jar59:
    Yes, TB has always (thankfully) had a very good O-line in front of him. But even then, in comparing teams with multiple SB wins, the Pats' offensive line (as good as they are) would still be ranked below (IMHO) the offensive lines that protected Griese (Dolphins), Bradshaw (Steelers), Montana (49ers), Staubach (Cowboys), or Starr (Packers).

Why? Two reasons: 1/ each of those teams had above average rushing attacks which was largely enabled by their great O-lines; 2/ each of these lines have and/or will have players that have or will be enshrined in the HOF. As good as the Pats' O-line has been - as a unit - I don't believe any of them (only time will tell) will make it to HOF.
    [/Quote]

I'd throw the Aikmen Cowboys in there as well.
    [/Quote]

Agreed.[/Quote]

I always believed that Brady has made the Pats O-line look better than they really are. (How many no names were on the O-line in the third SB win?) Brady has generally avoided a lot of would be sacks with his quick reads and quick release. I once heard Bill Walsh say something to the effect that Brady was one of the mobile QB's in the NFL. He said that he didn't mean Brady was a great runner, but that he was one of the best QB's at taking an extra half step in the right direction to buy himself the extra split second he needed. I think that Brady's ability to do that in last year's SB was limited, probably due to his ankle sprain. Let's hope that Brady's knee injury doesn't hurt this part of his game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Joe Flacco's play spoke for itself last night. He thought that if he stunk it up in a playoff game he'd get paid $100 million plus also. Sorry to have to tell you this Joe, but there's only one team stupid enogh to pay for failure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttaplaydtoast. Show buttaplaydtoast's posts

if you have the ability to win in New York, you're worth more than a player who has the ability to win in say Indy, which is why he should be paid more than Peyton

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6uiWW3YnIs

This is all they are good at.