ELI < ELITE?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: ELI < ELITE?

I thought Eli was elite, but it seems he just gets hot and makes the luckiest of plays. When he's on point, he's easily a top 5 QB, but he rarely ever is except for once every 4 years. 

How many times has Peyton Manning missed the playoffs as a starter in his career? Once, in his rookie year. 

Brady? Once, in his first season as the starting QB in 2002. 

Rogers? Once, first season as a starter. 

Brees is here just because he can put up stats with the best of them. 

Eli, on the other hand, has missed the playoffs 3 times already. Has never led the league in any major passing statistic except interceptions and is a dropped INT and first down catch away from a being ringless. 

Whatever respect Eli earned from me last season, went right out the door. He's a second tier QB who can get hot at the right moment, but not a true elite. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I thought Eli was elite, but it seems he just gets hot and makes the luckiest of plays. When he's on point, he's easily a top 5 QB, but he rarely ever is except for once every 4 years. 

How many times has Peyton Manning missed the playoffs as a starter in his career? Once, in his rookie year. 

Eli, on the other hand, has missed the playoffs 3 times already. Has never led the league in any major passing statistic except interceptions and is a dropped INT and first down catch away from a being ringless. 

Whatever respect Eli earned from me last season, went right out the door. He's a second tier QB who can get hot at the right moment, but not a true elite. 

Tony Michelak - "Of course thats not an illegal block to the back and a choke hold happening right in front of me and my own two eyes by two Giants O-lineman! What play were you Pats fans watching?"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Some good points.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:

TO ME, YESTERDAY NOT WITHSTANDING AS THAT WAS CLEARLY A SAMSONITE GAME FOR THE EAGS (U KNOW LETS DO NOTHING TO HURT our vacation time game).... overall, eli to me is a tony romo, joe flacco, colin k, schaub type.. clearly amongst the top of the second division of qbs.. the mt rushmore at this time are tb, peyton, rodgers, brees, RG3, big ben, russell wilson and andrew luck. those guys bring it every game.. their lows are never the gutter.. it means they complate 55% of passes, with no more than 2 turnovers and their receivers just dropped too many balls with little protection ghelp, an anomaly. eli though is OFTEN mediocre.

he's only "elite" when the defense and running game are elite, and playing an elite team or in an elite situation. his highs can be very high, but not CONSISTENT enough to be truly elite.. in baseball, he would be mariano riviera or papelbon.. not the guy able to consistently be quality enough to be able to turn the ball over directly to his closer. he would be a slightly above average jambroni in the mode of aaron cook, ryan dempster, or tim wakefield (no coincidence those guys have all passed thru the sox as of late)... he would be the perfect RED SAWX player.... no way would bb put up with this type.. make no doubt about it, the jints issues lie right at the FEET of mr. eli!

SB 42: MVP

SB 46: MVP

that's elite enough for me thank you very much!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Right there with Tony Romo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Right there with Tony Romo

Romo has two rings and two SB MVP's? do tell oklahoma

Sections
Shortcuts