Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!

The Giants won that game despite Eli Manning, sorry.  Two Patriots dropped easy interceptions, Eli made numerous other errant passes and Tyree made a miraculous catch that will never be duplicated.  I will forever say that the Giants' defense came to play and they gave the Pats all they could handle.  But Eli Manning went from goat to glory hound awfully quickly, and now he's trying to take the credit for his defense bailing his ar$e out. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I didn't even notice that part, I just read the Brady one. Nice little shot at Belichick there, some of these hacks just can't help themselves

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

And yet, these are not responses to Eli's point. 

Oh, and CHFF is a boston homer site.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!:
    Eli Manning is in the same class as Sancheez. What a stoopid asss
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Yeah, about the same as Roddick saying he is in the same class as Federer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!:
    Many here calling BS, but no one has questioned the logic behind his statement.  Which kind of is "elephant in the room". 
    Posted by UD6

Are you really so childish that you cannot admit that Brady is a better QB than Eli?

Besides Winning 3 SB's, Brady led the league in TD's in his second year playing (took Peyton to his 3rd year).  Brady has led the league in TD's 3 times, yards twice, passer rating twice and never thrown more than 14 INT's.  Eli has never led the league in anything except INT's (twice) he has thrown more than 14 INT's four of his six years as a starter.  His passer rating has gone down for the last 3 years, he is not getting better.  

I could go on, but anyone with a lick of common sense can see he is not close to elite.  Maybe that's why you can't see it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

All eli has going for him is the Manning name on his jersey that carries him.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3aa0bc306e-2916-4e1e-8f5d-7913cd918a9a&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:a0bc306e-2916-4e1e-8f5d-7913cd918a9aPost:42df79f4-66c8-4781-a0a2-738468cdb0ea " /> Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?! : Do you remember any of these names? Grossman, Berrian, Gage, Muhammad and Davis? That was the stud offensive joke that gave Peyton the allmighty his only superbowl. Are you kidding me? I couldn't remember one player and had to look these bums up just to put this post together. You sit back and give every aspect of those Pats teams credit except Brady because you know he's truly better than Peyton. It makes you feel better saying it was the defense, or it was the kicker........the truth is it's always the team you jack-ass. I guess for idiots like you time will have to tell you who's better. For the rest of us we already know. As for comparing Eli to Brady.....it's just another cheap smoke and mirrors game you'll jump on. In your delusional mind you say If Eli is as good as Brady than Peyton must be better right.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

thanks for the kind comments. 

I didn't say Eli was as good as Brady.  Try not to read too much into my comments.  Brady is better, because he is better (lots of facts to substantiate it), and that is it.  But Eli is right that those who define individual greatness by team playoff and superbowl records are wrong.   

Until last year's playoff loss (extending their current playoff streak to 3 consecutive losses), pats fans hung their "brady is the best" defense on exactly that (postseason record and superbowl rings), and that was it.  Now that defense is becoming more stat based/award based (as it should).   

The truth is that even the most important player on the field does not play defense or special teams thus defining the greatness of an individual on a team record just isn't valid unless you can prove that that player is nearly the sole reason for the record. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

As a professional athlete, if you do not feel like you are one of the best, you may not strive to play like the best.  We all want that sort of confidence in our players.  Many are scoffing at Eli's bravado, but, more power to him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Agc, agree with you somewhat, but I think thinking as opposed to saying that you're top notch is the mark of true star.  When is the last time you heard Brady or Peyton say that "I'm the best"?  Their play does the talking.  On the biggest stage, Eli wasn't at his best.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Gee I wonder what Peyton says to Eli?

You just can't have taht many INTS and claim you are in the top 5
    or even 10

btw - if not for thre dropped 2 Ints and the Helmet catch
    Brady would then equaled Montana in SB's( one of my all time favorites)
    and have probaly clear claim to all time best

But Brady lost that and he wasn't even on the field.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Agc, agree with you somewhat, but I think thinking as opposed to saying that you're top notch is the mark of true star.  When is the last time you heard Brady or Peyton say that "I'm the best"?  Their play does the talking.  On the biggest stage, Eli wasn't at his best.   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

In defense of Eli, neither Peyton or Brady would have to defend themselves.  They are ranked, perennially, as the two best QB's in the game.  Eli's remarks were apparently (I could be wrong) in response to questions related to being left off of the NFL top 100 player list. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Will never forget the press conference last year where he just stood there at the podium in an empty room...
    Posted by mthurl

Bwahahaha!  I forgot about that.  That was so painful to watch but at the same time it was gut busting funny.  That stuff doesn't happen to elite QB's!  I gotta go see if I can find that vid and watch it again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

The Giants won that game despite Eli Manning, sorry.  Two Patriots dropped easy interceptions, Eli made numerous other errant passes and Tyree made a miraculous catch that will never be duplicated.  I will forever say that the Giants' defense came to play and they gave the Pats all they could handle.  But Eli Manning went from goat to glory hound awfully quickly, and now he's trying to take the credit for his defense bailing his ar$e out. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

Abolutelys right
    Have been saying this forever
    It got Eli a lot of money
    It does pay to be lucky

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

he is a good QB but not Elite,  even peyton is better in that regards

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

He meant brady quinn, not tom brady

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

If rich white male is the class he is refering to then Yes he is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

He's in the same class as Brady.
    Marcia Brady.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thank you for coming to my press conference!  I would like to announce that I am in the same class of QB's as Tom Brady.  That is all!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

He's in the same class as Brady. Marcia Brady.
    Posted by mrmojo1120

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Good QB, not a great one.

Kudos to him for escaping the pass rush on the helmet catch play, which really was the key to that miracle happening in the first place. They sack him there and it's about 4th and 14 with less than a minute to go, deep in NYG territory, and the game, for all intents and purposes, is over.

But aside from that great escape, his performance in that Super Bowl was below average, and he was lucky to not be picked 4 or 5 times (the Pats' DBs apparently didn't bring their hands with them to the stadium that night, unfortunately).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In defense of Eli, neither Peyton or Brady would have to defend themselves.  They are ranked, perennially, as the two best QB's in the game.  Eli's remarks were apparently (I could be wrong) in response to questions related to being left off of the NFL top 100 player list. 

The proper response is...  " If the glass slipper fits, I must wear it" your left off for a reason.

Sections
Shortcuts