Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!

Eli Manning is living in fantasy land!! But as this article states, he is just like his brother Peyton in one regard.....he is good at blaming others for his shortcomings!!

Eli Manning
    is a top-caliber quarterback. Well, at least he says he is.
    Giants QB Eli Manning joins "The Michael Kay Show" about the offensive struggles in the preseason game, cutting down the turnovers this year and where he feel he ranks among the best QB's in the league.

The New York Giants quarterback, who does have a Super Bowl MVP award to his name, said on "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN New York 1050 on Tuesday that he considers himself to be a top quarterback who belongs in the same class as New England's Tom Brady.

"I consider myself in that class and Tom Brady is a great quarterback, he's a great player and what you've seen with him is he's gotten better every year and he started off winning championships and I think he's a better quarterback now than what he was, in all honesty, when he was winning those championships," Manning said Tuesday. "It's funny, you say well he won championships, but the team, but I think know he's grown up and gotten better every year and that's what I'm trying to do. I kind of hope these next seven years of my quarterback days are my best."

While Manning is regarded as a very good quarterback by most, as he's led the Giants to the playoffs in four of his seven seasons as the full-time starter, there is usually a hesitation to place him among the elite in the game. While Manning was fifth in the league in passing yards with 4,002 yards and fourth in touchdowns with 31 scores last season, his 25 interceptions are the number that jumps out the most.

He did say he didn't feel that too many of his interceptions last year were caused by bad decisions.

When explaining why he feels he's an elite quarterback, Manning said the Giants have an offense that puts him in a good situation and with their stingy run game, it opens the play action, which is a facet of the game that he performs well in. He recalled just one interception on play action and said he's good with the ball on those situations.

"I'm not a 25-interception quarterback, I know that," Manning said. "That's going to be fixed and it should be a good year."

It could be a challenge for Manning to live up to his claim this year, as the Giants swung and missed on their receiving targets this offseason.

Two of Manning's former safety valves, tight end Kevin Boss and wide receiver Steve Smith, have signed with new teams, with Boss heading to Oakland and Smith signing with NFC East rival Philadelphia. It's still unknown who will be the Giants' No. 3 receiver at this point. Manning said Tuesday that he was indecisive on some parts on whether he wanted to reunite with the talented, 6-foot-5 receiver, without saying yes or no as to whether he wanted Burress back. He also reiterated why he didn't publicly lobby for Burress to rejoin the Giants.

"I didn't want to put my owners in a spot, I didn't want to put my other teammates in a spot saying that I thought we needed him because then all of a sudden it would be in the papers that Eli didn't think his receivers were good enough or something like that," Manning said. "It's not my job to go out there and promote for somebody. I'm trying to get better and if they want to bring him in, great, and we'll get back to work and see how we can get better. I didn't know what the circumstances were. It wasn't going to be a case of me going after it and make a decision whether Plaxico is coming to the Giants. It was going to be some other factors."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!

Tom Brady hasn't thrown 25 interceptions in his last 3 full seasons at QB.
    Eli Manning has had above average receivers and other supporting cast his whole career. Brady has had better than average receiving for 2 years ('07, '09).
    I don't think there's one person outside of Eli who thinks that he's as good as Brady.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Justin Tuck, Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, and Mathais Kiwanuka won his only Super Bowl.

One could argue that Ty Law, Willie McGinnest, Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel, Rodney Harrison, and Richard Seymour, et al won Brady's, but the playoff statistics and win-loss record speaks for itself.  If Eli leads one more game-winning Super Bowl drive and two more Super Bowls overall, then we'll talk

This is laughable at best.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Eli is a dope. I won't even go near Nicks, Hixon, Smith, Manningham bc Eli is their qb in fantasy....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Eli Manning is in the same class as Sancheez. What a stoopid asss

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Like the confidence...let him say what he wants

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Comon now.. a guy that can throw a ball while leaning back on one foot, while screaming like a little girl and have the receiver catch the ball on his helmet must be in some kind of class.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

hahahahahahaha. I have not laughed this hard in years. Thank you for lightening my mood tonight, Mr. 25 Interception Man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!:
    [QUOTE]Justin Tuck, Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, and Mathais Kiwanuka won his only Super Bowl. One could argue that Ty Law, Willie McGinnest, Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel, Rodney Harrison, and Richard Seymour, et al won Brady's, but the playoff statistics and win-loss record speaks for itself.  If Eli leads one more game-winning Super Bowl drive and two more Super Bowls overall, then we'll talk This is laughable at best.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Unless of course those guys won the playoff games too - oh and you forgot viniatieri. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Viniateri, etc., etc. It was a team effort..yeah, I get it.

However, Eli doesn't belong in the same sentence as Peyton or Tom. Those are 2 of the best QB's of the last decade, and will be HOF QB's 1st ballot handsdown. Eli on the other hand will not. It must be frustrating being Gomer's younger brother and people constantly comparing you to the cyborg.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's an average QB, but he's way better than Sanchez. 

No one would know who he is if his last name wasn't Manning. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

ROFL Tards say the funniest things. He makes Snooki look like a genius.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The fact is you take away that one game, that one super bowl miracle catch by his receiver and we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.  Brady performs great season after season, Eli had one moment.  I'm sorry but one moment does not get you mentioned in the top QB conversations.  I put him just above the likes of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson as far as super bowl QB's and they were never mentioned in the best QB conversations, ever.

Currently I would say he is maybe a slightly above average QB, above Sanchez but below Flacco.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Giants fans frequently remark that Eli had 2 4th quater td drives in that game. technically thats true- but there were 4 dropped ints on that drive.
    Its like saying rothleissberger has won 2 super bowls- even though he had one of the worst qbing performances in super bowl history in the first one

In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!:
    [QUOTE]The fact is you take away that one game, that one super bowl miracle catch by his receiver and we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.  Brady performs great season after season, Eli had one moment.  I'm sorry but one moment does not get you mentioned in the top QB conversations.  I put him just above the likes of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson as far as super bowl QB's and they were never mentioned in the best QB conversations, ever. Currently I would say he is maybe a slightly above average QB, above Sanchez but below Flacco.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

OK, I get the moral to the story here.....BUT.....what do you think a QB who got an elite level contract is going to say?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Well Tom is better than Peyton, so if Eli is saying he is as good as Tom he must be saying he's better than his brother.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

I just read this article on Espn.com.....you should read some of the comments LMAO!!! lot of Giants fans that are swiggin that CoolAid...unreal!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm surprised he'd say that to be honest, he always comes off as a low key type of guy (unlike Peyton). Will never forget the press conference last year where he just stood there at the podium in an empty room...that would never happen to elite QB's, which he isn't. His accuracy and decision making have always been off; he's probably excited over the fact that he threww for over 4k yards last year, but that is one stat that means almost nothing nowadays.

Take all you know away, about him and our backups (remove the names from the jerseys) and does the guy even make this team?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Just anither example of the BS that was generated
    by the blown INT and the Helmet Catch.
    If they didn't happen Eli is just another QB
    Instead he gets an over blown multi million $ contract
    and a delusional understanding of what he is.

And you can see this happening with Sanchez too.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

4. Tom Brady, Super Bowl XXXVI
    Final score: New England 20, St. Louis 17
    This is the drive that never should have happened: the unknown Brady, in just his 17th NFL game, took over at his own 17 with no timeouts, just 81 seconds to play and his team on the ropes after surrendering a pair of fourth-quarter TDs to blow a 17-3 lead. Announcer John Madden famously announced to the world that the Patriots should take a knee and play for overtime. Instead, Brady calmly connected on 5 of 7 passes to lead New England into field goal range, then casually spiked the ball with six seconds on the clock to set up kicker Adam Vinatieri for the only walk-off score in Super Bowl history.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2671_Greatest_SB_drives:_where_does_Ben_rank%3F.html

Look who's #1...D'OH!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Well Brady's superbowls would have been better if he beat Rex Grossman.  ha ha

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3aa0bc306e-2916-4e1e-8f5d-7913cd918a9a&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:a0bc306e-2916-4e1e-8f5d-7913cd918a9aPost:42df79f4-66c8-4781-a0a2-738468cdb0ea">Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?! : Unless of course those guys won the playoff games too - oh and you forgot viniatieri. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Do you remember any of these names? Grossman, Berrian, Gage, Muhammad and Davis? That was the stud offensive joke that gave Peyton the allmighty his only superbowl.
    Are you kidding me? I couldn't remember one player and had to look these bums up just to put this post together.

You sit back and give every aspect of those Pats teams credit except Brady because you know he's truly better than Peyton. It makes you feel better saying it was the defense, or it was the kicker........the truth is it's always the team you jack-ass.

I guess for idiots like you time will have to tell you who's better. For the rest of us we already know.

As for comparing Eli to Brady.....it's just another cheap smoke and mirrors game you'll jump on. In your delusional mind you say If Eli is as good as Brady than Peyton must be better right.