Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!

In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for coming to my press conference!  I would like to announce that I am in the same class of QB's as Tom Brady.  That is all!!
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

The Crickets were at the press conference though.  Heard those tough hombre NY crickets asked a lot of pointed questions:

Crickets:  screech, screech, screech

Eli: How dare you question my credentials as a top tier QB?  Don't you know I have a career 80.4 passer rating?  Brady's is only 95.2! 

Eli:  Whaddya mean Brady has a 2.5/1 TD to interception ratio?  Mine is 1.4/1, right on par.   

Eli:  Me and Tyree go together like beer and pretzels.  We had the Pats right where we wanted them!  I'm outta here!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!:
    [QUOTE]Viniateri, etc., etc. It was a team effort..yeah, I get it. However, Eli doesn't belong in the same sentence as Peyton or Tom. Those are 2 of the best QB's of the last decade, and will be HOF QB's 1st ballot handsdown. Eli on the other hand will not. It must be frustrating being Gomer's younger brother and people constantly comparing you to the cyborg.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  I'll even go one further.  I doubt that Eli will even be NOMINATED for the consideration to the HOF.  There is Brady and Peyton (in that order), then there is humongous gap to the next level of QBs.  Eli is somewhere in that grouping.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Take away his last name, and whats left? See you in November you little dic*head.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Curious he didn't compare himself to cybertron, his half man, half robot brother. Does he not see him as elite? or is Tom just "more elite" than chicken george?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

So let me get this straight... Eli Manning is in the same category as the very first unanimous league MVP ever?

And since Brady is better then Peyton does Eli think he is better then his big brother?

Bwahahaha!  Epic fail Eli, Epic fail!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Cmon, what do we expect the guy to say?  That he is a medeiocre QB ranging somehwere in value around Matt Schaub and Joe Flacco?  I dont expect him to say that on the radio or national TV or wherever he was. 

However... He threw 25 Interceptiosn last year... Tom threw 4 I think?  Tom went 14-2.. NY didnt make the playoffs... Tom got MVP.. Eli barely threw more TD's than INT's... This discussion is ridiculous, He is no where near Tom Brady, but I dont expect him to admit it to anyone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Completely ridiculous.  If Eli cuts his interseptions in half he still doesn't come close to the imperial arena of Brady's game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

36-4 is a 9:1 TD:INT ratio

31-25 is puking terrible, lmfao.

He is in the same class as Brady, Brady Quinn...lmfao.

Obviously, he is alone in thinking he is a top tier QB. The NFL players voted and Eli didn't even make the top 100. They Had Josh Freeman on the list, Joe Flacco and even Romo made the list, lol. Where was Eli? Apparently fellow NFL players agree that he isn't that good, but don't tell Eli that, he might cry.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?! : he wasn't? the last 2 mins of sb42 he wasn"t? hmmm...
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Sorry Jints, Manning getting the SB MVP was laughable.  Justin Tuck and Osi Unmeyoria and the Giants D were the reason the Giants won and the game was close enough for Manning to even have a chance.  You and I and the whole world saw Eli Manning flop his way to a victory.  The Pats couldn't close the game, and if they had won I would have admitted that the Giants were deserving of the victory given how their D showed up. 

Separate your fandom from objectivity.  Manning closed the game after almost single handedly blowing the game on at least 3 occasions.  That he was the beneficiary of some fluky plays and a dominant D to win a SB doesn't put him on Brady or Peyton's level. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Eli was on the news back peddling. He said I never said Tom Brady. I said I was an elite QB.  I still disagree with him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?! : brady's would have been better if he beat eli ha ha

Brady 3 SB's  Eli 1 SB

Brady NFL Hall of Fame/Patriots Hall of Fame/Number retire....... Given
    Eli Giants Hall of Fame

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?! : still gotta lmao at all u patsies finding all these ints the pats supposedly had and dropped...the only thing close was samuel (and i think thats not quite as automatic-had to jump and stretch and off fingertips so how was it right in his hands?) so i lmao how u guys create all these plays that never happened "duh, eli should have thrown 12 ints in the sb...we just dropped them all" sure.

I think Meriweather dropped one too; sh*t happens. Despite the luckiness of Tyree's catch I still give Eli enormous credit for leading that drive and I hope he makes mincemeat of the Eagles this year