Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!

I think it was Ellis Hobbs and Samuael that dropped the INTS.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Phil Simms had one of the greatest sb performances ever. Thats a poor example Rusty, not many can match that. If you're going to use the Giants compare it to Jeff Hostetler in XXV. Pretty similar comparison there

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Jints, do you honestly believe he's as good or are you having fun. If you really think it's true you have a serious problem.

I don't think Bree's, Rivers, Rogers, or Big Ben are on Brady's level and Eli isn't even on theirs.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

My real problem with what Eli had to say was not about being in the same class as Brady(although I think that was ill advised) but right after that when he says something to the effect of - I don't think all those interceptions were bad decisions. I'm not a 25 INT QB......um yes you are because you threw 25 interceptions!!!

He sounds a lot like Peyton used too. Peyton has wised up since he is coming to the realization that despite all of his regular season accolades, he will probably only win the one gift wrapped SB.

Eli is a whiner just like his big bro used to be. We saw it on draft day when he couldn't even muster up the decency to smile as his name was called. He pouted then and he is pouting now. He couldn't even take a stand on Plexico, at least Ben R had the stones to say he wanted the guy!

Anyway....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

He was in the same class as brady for one game, the game that counted in 2007; unfortunately

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!:
    Jints, do you honestly believe he's as good or are you having fun. If you really think it's true you have a serious problem. I don't think Bree's, Rivers, Rogers, or Big Ben are on Brady's level and Eli isn't even on theirs.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Whether he thinks that or not, which I highly doubt he does, he'll always have bragging rights and there's really no comeback at all. I've also noticed some comments saying that the Giants won in spite of Manning which is total bull. The game was basically a carbon copy of Super Bowl XXXVI. Huge underdog drives down with little time left and wins by a field goal. His statline was very similar to Brady's against the Rams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Did anybody hear Rex Grossman's comments about Washington's chances in the NFC East this year?

This is what athletes do.

I mean . . .  what is the guy going to say:

"Ummm . . .   geee . . .   I guess I'm an okay quarterback. Gosh I sure got lucky with that helmet catch, didn't I?"

If he said that, he'd be run out of New Jersey on a rail.

I agree with TrueChamp about the interception comments. That's like that old saw you sometimes hear about how "the best team didn't win today." Eli shows his bloodlines with all that "it's not my fault" nonsense. Hell . . .  his brother is in Brady's class, and he does that, too.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I don't see how thats an insult to Brady. It doesn't have to look pretty re: 2007 afc title game. All that matters is getting the job done. The Pats defense scored a td in the Rams game too, I'm curious if the Giants d had scored if you'd use that as a point against Eli. Anyways I'm done talking about that game, it makes my blood boil just thinking about it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!:
    In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?! : Whether he thinks that or not, which I highly doubt he does, he'll always have bragging rights and there's really no comeback at all. I've also noticed some comments saying that the Giants won in spite of Manning which is total bull. The game was basically a carbon copy of Super Bowl XXXVI. Huge underdog drives down with little time left and wins by a field goal. His statline was very similar to Brady's against the Rams.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Except Brady didn't airmail two "shoulda been" ints and he didn't have a WR make a once in a lifetime catch.  Brady was surgical, Manning was not.  I admit he gets credit for finishing but he almost blew the game on multiple occasions when it mattered.  But for drops by Samuel and Meriweather and an impossible catch, he is the goat of the game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

My real problem with what Eli had to say was not about being in the same class as Brady(although I think that was ill advised) but right after that when he says something to the effect of - I don't think all those interceptions were bad decisions. I'm not a 25 INT QB......um yes you are because you threw 25 interceptions!!! He sounds a lot like Peyton used too. Peyton has wised up since he is coming to the realization that despite all of his regular season accolades, he will probably only win the one gift wrapped SB. Eli is a whiner just like his big bro used to be. We saw it on draft day when he couldn't even muster up the decency to smile as his name was called. He pouted then and he is pouting now. He couldn't even take a stand on Plexico, at least Ben R had the stones to say he wanted the guy! Anyway....
    Posted by TrueChamp

As in whiner, do you mean in the same way TexasPat described Brady and Branch as whiners. 

I've got to say that I just don't get the legs that this thread has.  I'll accept that someone decided to start the thread either because they wanted to gig Manning or because they really didn't read his remarks (just a headline). The fact is his remarks really aren't all that inflammatory.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

My real problem with what Eli had to say was not about being in the same class as Brady(although I think that was ill advised) but right after that when he says something to the effect of - I don't think all those interceptions were bad decisions. I'm not a 25 INT QB......um yes you are because you threw 25 interceptions!!! He sounds a lot like Peyton used too. Peyton has wised up since he is coming to the realization that despite all of his regular season accolades, he will probably only win the one gift wrapped SB. Eli is a whiner just like his big bro used to be. We saw it on draft day when he couldn't even muster up the decency to smile as his name was called. He pouted then and he is pouting now. He couldn't even take a stand on Plexico, at least Ben R had the stones to say he wanted the guy! Anyway....
    Posted by TrueChamp

As in whiner, do you mean in the same way TexasPat described Brady and Branch as whiners. 

I've got to say that I just don't get the legs that this thread has.  I'll accept that someone decided to start the thread either because they wanted to gig Manning or because they really didn't read his remarks (just a headline). The fact is his remarks really aren't all that inflammatory.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jints Fan----

Enough said!

Rodney Harrison 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'd stick Orton, Cutler, Vick and Bradford in no particular order ahead of Garrard, McCoy and Fitzpatrick

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Maybe Stafford too if he stays healthy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?! : Whether he thinks that or not, which I highly doubt he does, he'll always have bragging rights and there's really no comeback at all. I've also noticed some comments saying that the Giants won in spite of Manning which is total bull. The game was basically a carbon copy of Super Bowl XXXVI. Huge underdog drives down with little time left and wins by a field goal. His statline was very similar to Brady's against the Rams.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Capt, bragging rights for one game doesn't put him in the same class. I won't go into wheter he earned those right for that game I'll just concede that he does but this means jack when you compare the rings, the stats and the ability to lead.

What he said was wrong......he should be smart enough to evade questions like this. Maybe "At this point in my career I'm focusing on what makes Eli Manning a better quarterback and the New York Giants a better team"

The simple fact that he said this keeps him from being in the same class as Brady!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Rusty - you agree, then with Eli.   

Manning was asked if he thought he was a "top 10, top 5 quarterback".  Manning's response was, "yeah, I think I am". 

By your ranking, you agree.

Not really an inflammatory response.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?! : Capt, bragging rights for one game doesn't put him in the same class. I won't go into wheter he earned those right for that game I'll just concede that he does but this means jack when you compare the rings, the stats and the ability to lead. What he said was wrong......he should be smart enough to evade questions like this. Maybe "At this point in my career I'm focusing on what makes Eli Manning a better quarterback and the New York Giants a better team" The simple fact that he said this keeps him from being in the same class as Brady!
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Trust me Sam, by no means do I think Eli is in the same class as Brady!!! I was just going off on a different tangent than the original point of the thread

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3aa0bc306e-2916-4e1e-8f5d-7913cd918a9a&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:a0bc306e-2916-4e1e-8f5d-7913cd918a9aPost:39ae330e-396a-4d4e-8a74-d4836888cfac">Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!:
    In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?! : Trust me Sam, by no means do I think Eli is in the same class as Brady!!! I was just going off on a different tangent than the original point of the thread
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

I hear ya Capt. I know the guys not going to tell the world he's not as good as another quarterback.....but he's gotta be smart enough to stay away from that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Rusty - you agree, then with Eli.    Manning was asked if he thought he was a "top 10, top 5 quarterback".  Manning's response was, "yeah, I think I am".  By your ranking, you agree. Not really an inflammatory response.
    Posted by UD6

Underdoggg:  so, do you think Eli is in the same class of QB as his brother.  You've often stated PM/TB are 1/1A, so is Eli 2, 2A, 3?  I don't think he's there, but I don't have a problem with him thinking that.  However, if he's in TBs realm of excellence, he must be in his brothers - right?

Sections
Shortcuts