Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!

This coming from a Die Hard Giant fan: Eli is trash. He is way out of line making a comment like this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?! : btw someone sent a ny station youtube vids of all eli's picks last year 9 out of 25 right off the receivers hands-all right there, right on the money so he threw 16 far as proof i see
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Dude come on, I'm a Giant fan and am outraged by his comments. I can only imagine how Pats fans feel. Your tipped INT's argument would hold more water if those tipped INT's were actually accurate passes. It would help if Eli didn't throw the ball two feet over his receivers heads now wouldn't it? Eli is not accurate, never has been and never will be. Watching him for so many years I have learned to accept that, you should too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?! : Underdoggg:  so, do you think Eli is in the same class of QB as his brother.  You've often stated PM/TB are 1/1A, so is Eli 2, 2A, 3?  I don't think he's there, but I don't have a problem with him thinking that.  However, if he's in TBs realm of excellence, he must be in his brothers - right?
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]
    I believe that if you read what I wrote and the question that was asked, the class was top 10.  I think Eli fits.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?! : I believe that if you read what I wrote and the question that was asked, the class was top 10.  I think Eli fits.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, so who do you think the top ten QBs are?  Let's assume TB and PM are one and two.  Then how about (in no particular order):

-  Rodgers
    -  Brees
    -  Rivers
    -  Rothlesberger
    -  McNabb
    -  Vick
    -  Romo (I get it he was hurt most of last year)
    -  Flacco

I've put down ten off the top of my head, and I'm reasonably sure I left deserving QBs out.  So, in your opinion, does Eli rank ahead of the ones I've listed?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Replace McNabb with Manning and either Flacco/Romo with Matt Ryan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Don't care what anybody says about Eli Manning. He managed to beat a team that many say was the best team ever. Doesn't matter that he was lucky with the helmet catch, he still made the play. (Tom was also lucky against Oakland in 2001, everyone knows it was a fumble) Manning could've easily gone down and game over.  There was no way A. Samuel could've come down with that INT. It was way too high and if he was trying to stay in bounds. If he caught the ball, the momentum would've carried him out of bounds.   Eli Manning pulled off the biggest upset in NFL history that will never be eclipsed.  Got to give him credit for that, because no matter how much it hurts me,  he showed up for that game.

Maybe we wouldn't be discussing this if Belichick didn't put a midget to cover a 6'7 WR who was deadly in red zone, and didn't bother to double cover him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]Replace McNabb with Manning and either Flacco/Romo with Matt Ryan
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

I had not thought of Ryan (but in my defense I admitted that I'd miss some body).  But I wouldn't replace McNabb with Eli.  I know Eli's got a SB ring, but McNabb's alot better QB IMO.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I've moved on from Tom Brady. Honestly, he can't compete with me because I'm a superstar. I got my own Oreos commerical with my brother. He's the other Manning in case you don't know him. Do you think Mark Sanchez finds me sexy? I'd really like to meet him since we both live in NY.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?! : Peyton Manning.   I have Eli around the top 10, not top 5, dummy.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    the question was top 10, top 5?  Don't blame Manning for the interviewer not asking a clear question.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Eli is not in the top 10, nor the bottom 10. He's somewhere in the middle, which is what he is...average. Other than that SB victory, his years have been nothing memorable or earth shattering.

When he has a decade of consistency like Peyton and Tom, give me a call and maybe we can chat about Eli. Peyton and Tom 1st ballot HOF's. The closest Eli will get to the HOF is Peyton's induction speech.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?! : phil u r so over the top its embarrassing...eli run over ur dog or something? now go put ure jets flag out or ur pats hanky in ur pocket and clam up

How? Because I'm telling it like it is? I root hard for Eli every Sunday, but he is nowhere near Brady's class. I can't stand his INT's and I've watched way too many for my liking over the last 8 years out of him. The only Giant fans that believe Eli is in Brady's class are the same ones that tried to convince themselves Phil Simms was in the same league as Montana, Marino, and Elway 20-25 years ago.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eli Manning (a.k.a. Gomer Jr) says he is in the same class as Brady?! : oh phil go away..u r a die hard giants fan and i'm brad pitt

Yea I'm not a Giant fan because I don't have blind homerism. Grow up man, seriously.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

And no Eli didn't run my dog over, he just makes me want to pull the hair out of my head with all of his INT's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

I guess every 49er fan should love Alex Smith and if they don't they're not 49er fans right? LOL so that's how it goes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Phil, nice name BTW, you should meet the Eagles guy thatr comes in here. Vick is the greatest thing since sliced bread. After last night he might not show up for a few days though. Be patient. lol

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.