Ellis & Haynesworth Practicing Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Ellis & Haynesworth Practicing Again

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4700520/dl-ellis-joins-teammates-at-practice

FOXBOROUGH, Mass -- Veteran defensive lineman Shaun Ellis has joined his Patriots teammates at today's practice, taking the field with his helmet in a sign that he is coming off the active/physically unable to perform list.

Meanwhile, defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth has also taken the field for a shorts-and-t-shirt practice, a sign that he might be ready to return to practice for the first time since Aug. 3. While other teammates were wearing helmets, Haynesworth was not.

Nice!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: Ellis & Haynesworth Practicing Again

I second that, VERY NICE.

After watching our Dline dominate the bucs offensive line without these guys, Im giddy just thinking about what the defense line of
    Carter Wilfork Haynesworth Ellis

will do to opposing offenses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

the more practice Haynesworth can get, the sooner he can become familiar w/ BBs schemes Laughing

It will still take a little while

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Good sign

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Glad to see them back out there, thanks for post/heads up. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Haynesworth has one of the easiest jobs to learn

1.  Don't line up offsides.
    2.  Swim through the offensive line.
    3.  Look for the guy with the football.
    4.  Charge!  Don't draw a penalty if he throws the ball away.
    5.  Mess with the guy's mind too.
    6.  Repeat until fourth down.

There are no schemes.  Do it.

Practice isn't going to help much.  As long as Haynesworth isn't rusty he's good to go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The new d-line is a group of very determined indiviguals. Haynesworth's greatest line ever is I'm here to kill the QB, Carter says when asked what his role is"put my hand in the dirt and get after the QB", Wilfork is the known commodity and Ellis has been a thorn in the Patriots side for years as the Jets chief disrupter and will now return the favor to the Jets. Anderson is the joker in the group as a true OLB who can rush and defend the edge.All these players and Mayo lurking behind the line of behemouths,interesting to say the least...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Ellis & Haynesworth Practicing Again:
    Haynesworth has one of the easiest jobs to learn 1.  Don't line up offsides. 2.  Swim through the offensive line. 3.  Look for the guy with the football. 4.  Charge!  Don't draw a penalty if he throws the ball away. 5.  Mess with the guy's mind too. 6.  Repeat until fourth down. There are no schemes.  Do it. Practice isn't going to help much.  As long as Haynesworth isn't rusty he's good to go.
    Posted by Paul_K

I agree, I think BB shelved him to save a guy who might not be in the best shape from pulling a groin or something. We'll work him back in (modestly) for the next few weeks and will dominate the Dolphins o-line with VW and co.

His job is absorb the 2x team and push the pile backwards. This might be all he is really capable of anyway?!?! Why not use him for his only strength?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I just got a Semi when I read this. Now I can't wait for next Saturday Night against the lions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The 4-3 is different from the 3-4 in that you don't read and react, you just attack. BB had to dim down the defense the past two years, but in a attack style 4-3 he'll just let them go. 

Anderson/Ninkovich - Wilfork - Haynesworth - Carter....

Oh my, my panties are wet....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If Haynesworth ain't ready to go...

Anderson/Ninkovich - Ellis/Warren - Wilfork - Carter....

My panties are still wet. =)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Haynesworth has one of the easiest jobs to learn 1.  Don't line up offsides. 2.  Swim through the offensive line. 3.  Look for the guy with the football. 4.  Charge!  Don't draw a penalty if he throws the ball away. 5.  Mess with the guy's mind too. 6.  Repeat until fourth down. There are no schemes.  Do it. Practice isn't going to help much.  As long as Haynesworth isn't rusty he's good to go.
    Posted by Paul_K

Totally agree. People need to stop worrying about Haynesworth.BB knows exactly what he needs to do to get ready for the season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

\The Eagles got all the hype
     however the pats may be the real dream team
    but i don't want our guys to know that until after
    the Super Bowl

Only the Packers have as much  talent

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

His sexual harrassment trial is scheduled for next week, wonder how that will turn out.  Hanesworth I mean

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

His sexual harrassment trial is scheduled for next week, wonder how that will turn out.  Hanesworth I mean
    Posted by NEGAME2

Even if he loses, it's a misdemeanor...he'll get probation and a few hours of community service.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Conflicting info.  One source says three witness distinctly didn't see anything wrong.  One source says the defendent's lawyer offered $50K to a potential witness to lie.  Another source says Haynesworth's lawyer made an offer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

can't wait too see these guy line up against Miami on Monday night.  If the defense is as good as I saw against the Tampa, this season is going to be awesome!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Glad that he's back out on the field. Means that his conditioning and knee maintenance is going well and he's close to returning. Also glad that Ellis is out there. This defensive line is going to be scary.

The rich get richer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Posted by Paul_K

I don't think it's quite as simple as that. Haynesworth has a chance to make a huge impact knowing when to limit the run via gap control vs. putting pressure on the QB.  That requires that he understands BBs schemes. Our DL were usually average at one or the other, but not both at the same time. Seymour was the last guy who could do both and made the other DL play better. Haynesworth has the opportunity to do the same.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Can't wait Ellis-Vince-Albert and Carter, subbing in Warren, Love, Pryor, Moore, Wright, etc - Beastly. Go Pats!!!    In Response to Ellis & Haynesworth Practicing Again:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4700520/dl-ellis-joins-teammates-at-practice FOXBOROUGH, Mass -- Veteran defensive lineman Shaun Ellis has joined his Patriots teammates at today's practice, taking the field with his helmet in a sign that he is coming off the active/physically unable to perform list. Meanwhile, defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth has also taken the field for a shorts-and-t-shirt practice, a sign that he might be ready to return to practice for the first time since Aug. 3. While other teammates were wearing helmets, Haynesworth was not. Nice!
    Posted by USMCM1A1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

I'm actually more interested to see Ellis, Haynesworth is still a beast and I can't wait to see him in a real game, but I'm not as sure on Ellis, his $4mil contract is guaranteed to week one and I want to see if he's healthy, is still a beast and how does he play in BB's defense.  It wasn't as though we were struggling at his postion without him.  Please dont think I'm saying I'm doubting Ellis or were going to cut him.  I'm just excited to see how good he is right, and hope it only makes the Pats better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Ellis & Haynesworth Practicing Again : I agree, I think BB shelved him to save a guy who might not be in the best shape from pulling a groin or something. We'll work him back in (modestly) for the next few weeks and will dominate the Dolphins o-line with VW and co. His job is absorb the 2x team and push the pile backwards. This might be all he is really capable of anyway?!?! Why not use him for his only strength?
    Posted by TrueChamp

re"
    I agree, I think BB shelved him to save a guy who might not be in the best shape from pulling a groin or something. We'll work him back in (modestly) for the next few weeks and will dominate the Dolphins o-line with VW and co."

i'm not sure that that is the case, but brilliant if it was.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I'm actually more interested to see Ellis, Haynesworth is still a beast and I can't wait to see him in a real game, but I'm not as sure on Ellis, his $4mil contract is guaranteed to week one and I want to see if he's healthy, is still a beast and how does he play in BB's defense.  It wasn't as though we were struggling at his postion without him.  Please dont think I'm saying I'm doubting Ellis or were going to cut him.  I'm just excited to see how good he is right, and hope it only makes the Pats better.
    Posted by Michael02127

The guy plays big in the playoffs.  Just from a depth perspective we have a guy who can play 4-3 or 3-4, and took him from a team that rivals the Pats.  It's really a win-win, and the Pats can bring him on slowly if need be. 

Sections
Shortcuts