Ellis Hobbs is putting down the pats,and organization

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Ellis Hobbs is putting down the pats,and organization

Hobbs is running his mouth saying the players here cant hack an injury,or that they fake injuries to collect more money,or that the pats try and cover the injuries up.he is saying he is glad to be traded,for he felt he was going down a wrong path here.its funny when certain players are released or traded,they have to talk trash like this.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_ pieces/2009/09/ellis_hobbs_on_1.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: Ellis Hobbs is putting down the pats,and organization

Ask any player if they have ever played with pain. We all know the answer you'll get. On top of that the Patriots demand a lot from every player on the team. I'm sure that it would seem that they gave more than they got. Comments like the ones from EH only seem to come from players that are no longer here. And never happen at the time they are departing. It usually takes a little time. We can wait and see how things go if he takes off a few plays and shuts it down if he has some discomfort now that he is with his new team.  Good luck EH.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Ellis Hobbs is putting down the pats,and organization:
    Ask any player if they have ever played with pain. We all know the answer you'll get. On top of that the Patriots demand a lot from every player on the team. I'm sure that it would seem that they gave more than they got. Comments like the ones from EH only seem to come from players that are no longer here. And never happen at the time they are departing. It usually takes a little time. We can wait and see how things go if he takes off a few plays and shuts it down if he has some discomfort now that he is with his new team.  Good luck EH.
    Posted by justme2

HILARIOUS! Thats why he is gone he was a little to cocky when he was here too and he got burned a lot. Im not bashing him I thank him for his time and think he would have been a better nickel back then a full time starter but I didnt mind seeing him go.

On a more positive note, I listened to Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan interview Rosie Colvin about Bruschi's retirement yesterday. He had great things to say about Bruschi and the team. His closing statement said it all. When asked what the Pats could do to help fill in the void of Bruschi's leadership he said that while you cannot replace a Ted Bruschi, everybody needs to understand that the leadership of players all stems from Bill Belichick. He instills it in his top guys and it trickles down from there. The Patriot defense is going to be good for as long as Bill is the coach! Great to hear that from a former player who BB had to cut.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

He is just bitter cause he couldnt start here and now he cant start in Philly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

At some point in any career, most players discover that they are not, nor are they ever going to be, a great player -- or to put it another way, are not as good as they think they are. Players who reach this level do so because they have always been among the best at every level of their development. When they reach the NFL and everyone against whom they compete is as good or better than them, it is often the first time in their lives that their skills or dedication have been questioned. Some players can handle this and become successful role players, while others handle it less well, and become Jay Cutler . . .  or, you know, whomever.

Hobbs was an adequate second or third cornerback and an above average special teams player who did, indeed, play hurt (although not particularly well). If it makes him feel better to boost his own self-image by pointing out that some guys are tougher than others to salve the wound of realizing that he cannot start in this league, I can understand that. But comments like these tell us more about Ellis Hobbs than they do about these unnamed players he seems to think he's better than.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Hobbs was an adequate second or third cornerback and an above average special teams player who did, indeed, play hurt (although not particularly well). If it makes him feel better to boost his own self-image by pointing out that some guys are tougher than others to salve the wound of realizing that he cannot start in this league, I can understand that. But comments like these tell us more about Ellis Hobbs than they do about these unnamed players he seems to think he's better than.
    Posted by prairiemike

That pretty much sums it up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Good luck Hobbs....bleh

Nice comment True Champ....

"On a more positive note, I listened to Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan interview Rosie Colvin about Bruschi's retirement yesterday. He had great things to say about Bruschi and the team. His closing statement said it all. When asked what the Pats could do to help fill in the void of Bruschi's leadership he said that while you cannot replace a Ted Bruschi, everybody needs to understand that the leadership of players all stems from Bill Belichick. He instills it in his top guys and it trickles down from there. The Patriot defense is going to be good for as long as Bill is the coach! Great to hear that from a former player who BB had to cut."

Colvin should come back here and either play or become a commentator...intelligent, articulate and a fan favorite.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jellis677. Show jellis677's posts

Ellis Hobbs stinks.  Awesome kick returner.  Horrible defender.  Terrible.  Beyond bad.  Makes Chris Canty look like Neon Deion.  Plaxico could still beat the guy even with handcuffs and a bullet wound to the inner thigh.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

"Hobbs was an adequate second or third cornerback and an above average special teams player who did, indeed, play hurt (although not particularly well)."

A most accurate portrayal. Adequate bubble corner. Good returner. BIG mouth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

"Hobbs was an adequate second or third cornerback and an above average special teams player who did, indeed, play hurt (although not particularly well)." A most accurate portrayal. Adequate bubble corner. Good returner. BIG mouth.
    Posted by zbellino

More like a 4th or 5th CB, IMHO. I'd also add irrelevant in describing Hobbs. Who cares what he says?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Elllis Who?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Good returner, but he clearly valued himself more than anyone else did.  I'll give him kudos for playing through fairly bad injuries.  He seems to think that playing through injuries gives you a big payday.  Being a great corner gives you a big payday.  You were tough Ellis, but your cover skills stunk.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

Hobbs was an excellent team player and probably put in just as much effort as anyone on the team.  Unfortunately he thought that alone would get him a new contract with the Pats but the production just wasn't there and he wouldve been 4th or lower on the depth chart this year.  I can understand his bitterness and he has always been someone to speak openly.  Good luck in Philly

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

In Response to Ellis Hobbs is putting down the pats,and organization:
    Hobbs is running his mouth saying the players here cant hack an injury,or that they fake injuries to collect more money,or that the pats try and cover the injuries up.he is saying he is glad to be traded,for he felt he was going down a wrong path here.its funny when certain players are released or traded,they have to talk trash like this. http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_ pieces/2009/09/ellis_hobbs_on_1.html
    Posted by mosseffect43

Ironically most teams wouldn't have given Hobbs a shot at a starting job due to his poor coverage and lack of size.  The guy's very fast but that only gets you as far as dime packages and kick returns.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NE-decade-of-my-dreams. Show NE-decade-of-my-dreams's posts

Ellis Hobbs stinks.  Awesome kick returner.  Horrible defender.  Terrible.  Beyond bad.  Makes Chris Canty look like Neon Deion.  Plaxico could still beat the guy even with handcuffs and a bullet wound to the inner thigh.  
    Posted by jellis677

You took the words right out of my mouth. Watching teams go at Hobbs again and again knowing he is overmatched no matter who he was covering was sickening. Terrible cover skills, terrible tackler. This defense is dramatically improved by his ommision. Have a nice decay Ellis Hobbs

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts