Ellis signs 1 year agreement...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ellis signs 1 year agreement...

Adam Schefter 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan23325. Show patsfan23325's posts

Re: Ellis signs 1 year agreement...He is a fallback

i think this is a great signing, if not only to know the the jets a little bit better. can't go wrong with a 1 yr deal and i am sure he will pplay hard to stick it to rex and company for slighting him in the off-season by not signing him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

This is a great pickup! He can still play and provide depth and a decent pass rush out of his 3-4 end position. He also did well in the 4-3 as a DT. Its also great to watch the yets fall apart! Oh but wait they have the unproven Wilkerson to take over and Kenrick Ellis who could be deported soon. Great job yets! Don't get me started on their receivers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

From PFT:

Patriots pick up Shaun Ellis

The Patriots love veteran defensive lineman and Bill Belichick loves to sign guys that played well against the Patriots.

That’s why the signing of Shaun Ellis on Sunday makes so much sense.  It probably doesn’t hurt that the move to pick up Ellis will hurt the rival Jets in the process.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports Ellis reached a one-year agreement with the Patriots.  Offered the veteran’s minimum by the Jets, New England presumably forked up a little more cash to bring the 34-year-old into the mix.

Ellis is long in the tooth, but he’s had at least 4.5 sacks in every season since 2005.  He had two big sacks against the Patriots in the playoffs last year, and then another strong game in the AFC Championship.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/07/patriots-pick-up-shaun-ellis/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good, if we're going to play any form of the 34 we need defensive ends to do it. I like what I saw from Deadric, but the suspension worries me. Brace and Pryor are always hurt and Wright is coming off the injury; they cut Warren, Straud and didn't resign Gerrard Warren either.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

celebrashaun!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Nothing fallback about a guy who killed us through his career!!! great pick up that will without a doubt hurt the Jets more............they lost some good players this off season...........Ellis abused Light and got to  Brady in all three games.............

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Jets hubris. they thought that just because they're the jets that Ellis would re-sign for nothing. instead, he jumps to the team that'll once again own the division.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

God I love this move if just to pi$$ off the Jets and their fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

WOW the defensive line is HUGE. What a great starting line for a 4-3 team:
    Anderson - Haynsworth- Willford - Ellis. Who wants to block these guys??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

another good pickup while hurting the jets at the same time. can we just get to week 1 already... this is going to be our year!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

The King knows!  McCheaters is scared. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: Ellis signs 1 year agreement...He is a fallback:
    [QUOTE]How funny is it, the fans here who warned Jets trolls that every penny counted and constantly scrambling around would add up and cost the Jets, and now we see it unraveling?  And it's daily, too.  Daily. You just can't make this up. Tomorrow, the Jets will have to cut someone else who didn't take a pay cut. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I see when the Pats let Ty Warren, Banta Cain, and Kazur go its sound cap management.  When the Jets don't resign an aging DE its cap hell.  Rusty your ability to talk out of both sides of your mouth is amazing.

Best part is you call this a "steal" when last year on the Ty Warren vs. Ellis post you said you would take Warren every time and twice on Sunday.  Ellis was soooo over-rated and washed up and a year later he is a "steal" and still with something left in the tank.

You never disappoint in your back-pedaling and 180 degree views Rusty.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Assuming he sticks, this is a typical BB signing; a solid veteran player from within the conference that he's very familiar with.

Durable player, good size, versatility and has shown some ability to get after the QB; I also assume he's coming at a good price on the one year deal.  I like it.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

According to the Jets fans we stunk last year on defense,however this same team went 14-2 during the regular season with the so called crappy defense! O.K. so the Brass went out and bought 3 defenders of varying abilities,ranging from Steady (Ellis) to Project (Anderson) to potential beast (Haynesworth). Does this mean no losses this year? I would love to see that as it would complete my sports veiwing life as a fan,Sox 2 W.S.'s,Celtics 1 more Championships,Bruins 1 S.C.,and the best of them all The Patrios winning another Super Bowl and taking the coveted undefeated crown away from the phins;) life would grand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

thats 3 guys on the DL that teams have or had to double team at times. with some of the younger guys out there having another year under their belt along with the return of bodden, this defense is going to be very very good. the clueless media outside of this area are in for a surprise.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I like this pickup.  When we compare the moves the Pats have made and the move the jets have made, one thing is clear.....  I don't think we will see Jets McCheaters visiting this board very often once the season starts. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Ellis signs 1 year agreement...He is a fallback:
    [QUOTE]Assuming he sticks, this is a typical BB signing; a solid veteran player from within the conference that he's very familiar with. Durable player, good size, versatility and has shown some ability to get after the QB; I also assume he's coming at a good price on the one year deal.  I like it.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I love the deal, and feel like the team is basically complete now. They replaced TBC with another situational rusher, and replaced Gerard Warren with a guy who can split time with Mike Wright taking a lot of the running down snaps off his hands and getting in the mix. 

Ellis should be very effective with limited/split snaps, and so should Wright.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goredsox100. Show goredsox100's posts

Okay, so, with all these pick-ups, returning players, what do we envision here? I see a TON of front7 leadership. Ellis is just huge for guiding some of our younger players, and, reinforcing Wilfork and other leaders in the locker room. Wow. This is going to be a MASSIVE hole-plugging DL. If Haynesworth is not motivated to play now, he never will be. Ellis doesn't have to be as effective as he once was, he just has to be used in conjunction to create nightmarish blocking scenarios. I am beyond giddy for this season to start. And, yes, Ellis now has something to prove to the Jets who insulted him with their offer. 

Sections
Shortcuts