Ellis signs 1 year agreement...

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: Ellis signs 1 year agreement...He is a fallback

This guy McCheaters is clearly a troll.  But it is funny watching him post his idiotic messages on here because he gets owned by us on a daily basis.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In Response to Re: Ellis signs 1 year agreement...He is a fallback:
    [QUOTE]Team will not be complete without a 3-4 OLB to add depth there.   When that happens, then I'll feel like it's complete. Also, Meriweather could be in trouble. NE has FS Dashon Goldson in for a visit.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

That would be a nice pickup. He did good the last 2 years on the 49ers. His best year being 2009 (94 tackles / 4 ints. / 3 FF)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Oh, and what about all this talk about everyone wants to be a jet.  Just another example this season that statement is pure BS!!  Hahahahaha!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Ellis signs 1 year agreement...

From Rex Ryan:

"He's a great player, number one. The two years I've gotten to know him, I've really enjoyed him. Tough guy. He's a tough guy. The 'Big Cat' fit him; he's a big, athletic guy. The fact that he chose them, and all that, I think said before, there's no way I'm going to wish him well. There's no chance of that. I wish him to be healthy, but I don't want him to play that well. But he knows. I know the way he is too. He's going to be revved up, ready to go, and our guys will be too. So it will be fun going against him.

"Obviously, I have a great deal of respect for Shaun. Like I said before, made the Pro Bowl his first year when I was here. His biggest game that he played last year, we all remember, was against New England. He played tremendously. He's a good football player.

"I will say this. I'll warn some of their guys, 'be careful, you don't want to fight Shaun.' He's one of the toughest guys I've ever been around. He is a tough guy and he is going to be missed."

Ryan later added that salary-cap considerations figured into the Jets' decision-making with Ellis.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

"Ryan later added that salary-cap considerations figured into the Jets' decision-making with Ellis."

Thats funny because McCheaters said it had nothing to do with the cap space. hmmm I wonder who's right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Love the signing.  Always liked Ellis.  He's durable and gave the Pats fits over the yeas.  The Jets lowballed him, and I'm glad he's coming here to solidify the DL.  He's a guy that will come in here and from day 1 know what to do.  Solid pickup.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i agree with king...lets add roth and then we will have true depth and talent in both the 3-4 and the 4-3. i'm still concerned about moore and nink getting a ton of reps at this point and we just dont have much depth there. anderson is a pure 3rd down guy and is no guarantee to make the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Jets going 8-8 looks like a reality all of a sudden. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'm never one to underestimate AFC east opponents, but the Jets are losing a lot of guys who were big contributors to their success last year.  They kept Holmes, good move, but Cromartie on a guaranteed deal would scare me a bit.  I may be wrong, the Jets could be right there, but those losses (Eliis, Cotchery, Edwards, Woody, Jenkins) are adding up, and rookies and old guys are never a guarantee.  Plaxico Burress and Mason may disappoint, LT is older, the OL is younger, the DL lost a good player, and Sanchez is in a prove it year since he's no longer a wet behind the ears guy, he has three years in the system.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

The Patriots defense is being seriously upgraded this year. The mixture of vets and younger guys is nice.
    Wifork, Haynesworth, Ellis, will be a mean combo. Excellent secondary and and Mayo, Spikes and others at LB.
    The Jets fans are freaking out about the Ellis signing over at their boards...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Entire interview with Phat Rex

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I am ok with this 3-4....

D-line: Ellis - Wilfork - Wright
    'Backers: 'Nink - Spikes - Mayo - Cunningham

Assuming Ellis and G. Warren are a wash, Wright stays healthy and improvments from those 3 first year starting linebackers we are better than we were last year. Deaderick, Pryor, Guyton and Brace could up their games as well as backups, although we are thin at OLB unless TBC comes back, Anderson can make the position change or we still do the smart thing and sign Roth.

Then we only play a 3-4 say 40% of the time this year.

We mostly play a 4-3 that goes...

D'Line: Anderson/Moore - Haynesworth - Wilfork - Cunningham/Moore
    'Backers: Mayo - Spikes - Guyton

Plenty of Moore, some of Brace, Wright and Ellis at DT.

I'd like one more OLB who works in a 3-4 or 4-3 and maybe 1 more OLB in a 4-3 since we have the D-line to play that more but really only Mayo and maybe Guyton as fits in that scheme at OLB. Brock woulda been good there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffory. Show jeffory's posts

Great pick! If Haynesworth gets into good shape, this unit could be awesome.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goredsox100. Show goredsox100's posts

I am absolutely loving the battle between McCheaters and RidingWithKing. It's more entertaining than what's on TV.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Huh boy, I hope McCheaters and King never stops coming here.

Sections
Shortcuts