Elvis Dumervil....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

Elvis Dumervil....

I know every time a big name player is a free agent or released people come on the message board right away and make case to sign him. I don't like it when people do it either so I apologize for doing so, but wouldn't Elvis be a big boost for the Pats D line? He has a 12 million dollar cap hit which the Broncos arent willing to pay. Dumervil has to take a 30% pay cut by two o'clock today to remain with the team, or Elway will likely release him. I think it's wiser for the Pats to spend FA money on an every down player like Dumervil as opposed to a situational player like Jon Abraham. Anyone else think the same way? Build my post up or tear it down, it's all good. Try to make criticism a little constructive though. If I wanted to be called stupid I'd call my ex wife:) Go Pats! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Elvis Dumervil....

Not sure how to play him? More of a pass rushing LB yes? He's not that big at just under 6 feet and may not weigh more than 260. We may need more bulk. He's darn fast though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

yes dumervil would be an excellent addition to our pass rush, and i would love to see him here. he was pretty good coming off an ACL last year so history says he will be back to full strength this year. however, he is not currently a free agent and denver has clearly shown that they are all-in for this season, so i think they are going to work hard to reduce his cap number and keep him. additionally, if he is cut, he could still be a $5-6mil per year player which the pats wont play for a part time player. so if they wait for all of that to shake out they could miss out on guys like freeney and abraham.

still, i would love to see him here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Not sure how to play him? More of a pass rushing LB yes? He's not that big at just under 6 feet and may not weigh more than 260. We may need more bulk. He's darn fast though.

He is a pass rusher, much like Abraham and Freeney. I'm not sure how the Pats would utilize him either, but I'd imagine the Pats would find way to use that speed in coverage schemes and rushing the QB. I guess like always it comes down to dollars and cents. Go Pats!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozzyharkonnen. Show ozzyharkonnen's posts

right now other pass rushing de freeagents are getting around 8 million as opposed to elvis's $12 million a year.

billy won't overpay.

elvis will look around and see there will be no better offers out there, realize the broncos are his best shot at a super bowl ring and take elway's pay cut.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

Dumerville is really special rushing the QB but I'm not sure he's any more of a three down player than Abraham.  I think at Abraham's age he'd be best suited to play more on passing downs but he has played a lot of snaps for Atlanta.  Dumerville's size is really not ideal for what NE looks for, but his pass rushing skill is undeniable.  I'm interested to see if the Pats are interested in him and what role they would envision for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

In response to wonderdrums' comment:

I know every time a big name player is a free agent or released people come on the message board right away and make case to sign him. I don't like it when people do it either so I apologize for doing so, but wouldn't Elvis be a big boost for the Pats D line? He has a 12 million dollar cap hit which the Broncos arent willing to pay. Dumervil has to take a 30% pay cut by two o'clock today to remain with the team, or Elway will likely release him. I think it's wiser for the Pats to spend FA money on an every down player like Dumervil as opposed to a situational player like Jon Abraham. Anyone else think the same way? Build my post up or tear it down, it's all good. Try to make criticism a little constructive though. If I wanted to be called stupid I'd call my ex wife:) Go Pats! 

I'd like to hear the thoughts of your ex-wife on this subject!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Far be it for me to tread on your ex's toes.  I think the guy's worth a look to be sure.  I'm also among those who aren't sure how he'd fit right now.  I'm also thinking his price tag may be a bit high for BB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to JoeFoyFan's comment:

She is a GB fan, so no you don't. Besides, she would just blame me for Dumervil wanting too much money. Go Pats!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

good player but I fear he would be too expensive for his role here which would be situational. If You think NInk gets swallowed up by right tackles in the run game, this would be worse. He is like 5'11. Thats good height for a CB. Like a James Harrison without the toughness and dirty play. Strictly a sack guy and we have Abraham now to do that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

She is a GB fan, so no you don't. Besides, she would just blame me for Dumervil wanting too much money. Go Pats!

lol - :-)

awesome post and especially like the way you set this up - knowing the readership!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to PatFanInBA2's comment:

awesome post and especially like the way you set this up - knowing the readership!

Thanks. I've been reading this forum for years, but don't comment too often. I've relocated for work, but read this to get a pulse on what the locals feel about my beloved Pats, Sox, Celts, and B's. Surprisingly there is a lot of thought and insight put into some of the posts which I enjoy. Then there is the rest of the banter which is both amusing and sometimes annoying but I read it none the less. I guess I should say thanks to everybody. Without you guys and girls I'd be stuck with ESPN and Bleacher Report.  Peace. Go Pats! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Thanks. I've been reading this forum for years, but don't comment too often. I've relocated for work, but read this to get a pulse on what the locals feel about my beloved Pats, Sox, Celts, and B's. Surprisingly there is a lot of thought and insight put into some of the posts which I enjoy. Then there is the rest of the banter which is both amusing and sometimes annoying but I read it none the less. I guess I should say thanks to everybody. Without you guys and girls I'd be stuck with ESPN and Bleacher Report.  Peace. Go Pats! 

I would also suggest you follow New England Patriots Columnists, NFL, ETC on Twitter (I don't post)

I use it as a news resource only!

Mike Reiss, WEEI, ESPN Boston, Pro Football Talk, Adam Scheft, Christopher Price, Brian Lowe, Etc.....

Up to the minute...I live in Colorado...Very helpful!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Thanks. I've been reading this forum for years, but don't comment too often. I've relocated for work, but read this to get a pulse on what the locals feel about my beloved Pats, Sox, Celts, and B's. Surprisingly there is a lot of thought and insight put into some of the posts which I enjoy. Then there is the rest of the banter which is both amusing and sometimes annoying but I read it none the less. I guess I should say thanks to everybody. Without you guys and girls I'd be stuck with ESPN and Bleacher Report.  Peace. Go Pats!-

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Michelle Beisner         Michelle Beisner @MichelleBeisner

Source telling me, at this moment, things are not looking good between Dumervil and Broncos. A lot can happen in 39 mins though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam Schefter         Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Elvis Dumervil agreed to salary reduction, smartly. Remains in Denver.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Adam Schefter       Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Elvis Dumervil agreed to salary reduction, smartly. Remains in Denver.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I love how literally 30 seconds after the NFL Network chick tweets it isn't looking good for Dumervil that Schefter breaks the story about his salary reduction.  Cannot be made up.  LMFAO the NFL Network is so bad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Great move by Den

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Albert Breer       Albert Breer @AlbertBreer

My understanding is Elvis Dumervil agreed to cut his base salary from $12 million to $8 million for 2013.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

What's her number?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Released...

They didn't get the paperwork done on time

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Released...

They didn't get the paperwork done on time

What?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano

Seems like we have a failure to communicate RT @MikeKlis: Hold on, contract not filed in time. Elvis Dumervil has been officially released

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

WOW!  I was thinking that might happen, because it was getting so close to the deadline......lol! 

MikeKlis Hold on, contract not filed in time. Elvis Dumervil has been officially released