3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Elvis Dumervil....

Keystone cops?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

GO BB go get him!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

@MikeKlis: Contract not filed by 1:59 p.m. Dumervil informed Broncos he was taking the new deal at 1:25.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Klis       Mike Klis @MikeKlis

Broncos didn't get fax with Elvis Dumervil signature on contract until 2:07 p.m. -- 7 minutes and 1 second past the deadline!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

John Clayton         John Clayton @ClaytonESPN

What a mess in Denver. They must have filed the Welker contract and gone over the cap. So Elvis has left the roster.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jeff Darlington

Jeff Darlington @JeffDarlington

Wild stuff on Dumervil right now: It's clock management. Agent made a "colossal mistake," source says, by not getting signed contract faxed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Dumervil is a bit undersized for a Patriots DE.

Don't see it happening.

Only reason I would see it happening is because Den took a Patriot.

By the way FA has been moving, he'll probably be in SEA on a cheap 1 year deal........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I think this makes the Freeney negotiations interesting though.

He was supposedly their back up in case Doom gets cut.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Even at 8 Mil he's a bit pricey no?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Good possibility Freeney could now be going to Denver

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

@Jeff_Legwold: Dumervil's release gives #Broncos huge dead money hit. Limits ability to bring him back with a "new'' deal

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

gregg rosenthal         gregg rosenthal @greggrosenthal

Dumervil release creates $4.87 million in dead money according to @MaseDenver. Yikes. Limits ability to bring him back with a "new'' deal

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Wow...late filing...gotta be kidding....

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_22799752/clock-ticks-elvis-dumervils-future-broncos-or-elsewhere

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Elvis Dumervil - DL - Free Agent

The Broncos did not file RE Elvis Dumervil's new contract in time, and he has been released.

Denver had until 4PM ET to submit the new deal to the league office, but they simply didn't get it in before the deadline because Dumervil didn't get his signature on the document until 4:07PM. The two sides had agreed to slash Dumervil's salary from $12 million to $8 million, so there is an agreement. We tentatively expect Dumervil to re-up with the Broncos, but he's now open to see what else is out on the market. It's doubtful Dumervil would find $8 million anywhere else, considering what Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett have signed for in recent days.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

9NEWS Denver

9NEWS Denver @9NEWS

DrewSoicher (Sports Announcer): Bethcha the Patriots sign #Dumervil in the next five minutes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

gregg rosenthal         gregg rosenthal @greggrosenthal

Dumervil release creates $4.87 million in dead money according to @MaseDenver. Yikes. Limits ability to bring him back with a "new'' deal

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Den goes from patting them selves on the back for signing Wes one minute to screwing the pooch for not getting paperwork faxed on time for Dumerville the next. : )

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In response to wonderdrums' comment:

I know every time a big name player is a free agent or released people come on the message board right away and make case to sign him. I don't like it when people do it either so I apologize for doing so, but wouldn't Elvis be a big boost for the Pats D line? He has a 12 million dollar cap hit which the Broncos arent willing to pay. Dumervil has to take a 30% pay cut by two o'clock today to remain with the team, or Elway will likely release him. I think it's wiser for the Pats to spend FA money on an every down player like Dumervil as opposed to a situational player like Jon Abraham. Anyone else think the same way? Build my post up or tear it down, it's all good. Try to make criticism a little constructive though. If I wanted to be called stupid I'd call my ex wife:) Go Pats! 

Dumervil is a force/beast.  Elway is trying to re-do his contract via the media.  Big mistake.  There is a real possibility that Dumervil will not want to play with the Broncos as a result.  IF so, BB, with Mr. Krafts money should make a big run at this guy and sign him.  Nice pay back with Wes signing with the Broncos.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

good player but I fear he would be too expensive for his role here which would be situational. If You think NInk gets swallowed up by right tackles in the run game, this would be worse. He is like 5'11. Thats good height for a CB. Like a James Harrison without the toughness and dirty play. Strictly a sack guy and we have Abraham now to do that.

did we sign abraham?