Elvis Dumervil....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Elvis Dumervil....

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

good player but I fear he would be too expensive for his role here which would be situational. If You think NInk gets swallowed up by right tackles in the run game, this would be worse. He is like 5'11. Thats good height for a CB. Like a James Harrison without the toughness and dirty play. Strictly a sack guy and we have Abraham now to do that.

did we sign abraham?

Nothing official.  A lot of rumors and he is still in Foxboro.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

good player but I fear he would be too expensive for his role here which would be situational. If You think NInk gets swallowed up by right tackles in the run game, this would be worse. He is like 5'11. Thats good height for a CB. Like a James Harrison without the toughness and dirty play. Strictly a sack guy and we have Abraham now to do that.

did we sign abraham?

Nothing official.  A lot of rumors and he is still in Foxboro.

thanks i heard hes on way in and someone's girlfriend abraham said its done

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

They haven't necessarily lost him.

He agreed to go from $12 mil to $8 mil, now they have a dead money hit of almost $5 mil. So they can bring him back with a long term deal. It would require a cap hit of only $3 mil or so this year, which they could get to as long as the player is willing.

Risk is that now some other team might outbid Denver and he's gone.

He's not coming back for short money, short term, that's for sure. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

thanks i heard hes on way in and someone's girlfriend abraham said its done

Someone has a girlfriend named Abraham?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The only update I have on John Abraham is that his visit with the Patriots has concluded. We'll see whether it's escalated to an offer/deal

Wrong thread...oops

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Broncos office waiting for the fax from Dumvervil's agent

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I would love to see us sign this guy and stick it to Denver, not going to happen, but I'd still love to see horse face (Elway) and horse face junior (Manning) cry five minutes after they wet themselves over the Welker signing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

thanks i heard hes on way in and someone's girlfriend abraham said to her its done

Someone has a girlfriend named Abraham?

a joke right.

someone's girlfriend was in airport adn abraham said to her hes going to sign with pats (picture included).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian Rapoport       Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Shocking: Marty Magid said a few teams have already called about Elvis Dumervil (No, not the Patriots… yet). Said he's open to return though

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Elvis Dumervil released by Broncos, fax machine faux pas to blame

Three-time Pro Bowl pass rusher Elvis Dumervil is a free agent after a stunning turn of events that forced the Denver Broncos to release him shortly after he agreed to a salary reduction to stay with the team, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post.

MoreVisit Mile High Report for reaction to the Dumervil release

The Broncos had until 4 p.m. ET to finalize a new deal with Dumervil to keep him in Denver and appeared to beat the clock as the pass rusherinformed the team at 3:25 p.m. that he would take the smaller deal. But the team didn't receive the contract with Dumervil's signature on it by the 3:59 p.m. deadline and instead received it via fax at 4:07 p.m., seven minutes past the deadline, forcing the Broncos to release him prior to the contract coming through.

Dumervil, 29, is now a free agent, although the Broncos are definitely not out of contention to bring him back. However, other teams are now free to contact the defensive end with contract offers of their own.

In 2012, Dumervil accumulated 11 sacks, upping his career total to 63.5 in six seasons with the Broncos.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Of course Elway and Dumervil's agent are saying two different things on how everything went down.....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

We can't lure him here with Sugar Plum Dreams of Superbowls because he is just as likely to get a ring in Denver now as here.  BB won't reach overly deep into his coin bag, and if he is going to take a pay cut I'm guessing it dawns on him that he is better off staying right where he is.  Hell of a nice thought though. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

STATEMENT FROM DENVER BRONCOS EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS JOHN ELWAY:

“For the last week, Elvis Dumervil and his agent were aware of our desire to change the financial terms of his contract to ensure he would remain a Denver Bronco. After numerous conversations with both Elvis and his representative, we submitted our final contract proposal to Elvis today at 11 a.m. MDT. Based on our previous discussions, we believed our offer was fair and were hopeful it would resolve this matter.

“Due to the procedural elements that were involved in executing the new proposal, we imposed a 1 p.m. MDT deadline for a decision, one hour before the NFL’s waiver wire at 2 p.m. MDT. Our deadline was clearly communicated to Elvis’ representative.

“At 1 p.m. MDT, we were informed by Elvis’ representative that he declined our offer. We then prepared Elvis’ termination notice to officially file his release with the NFL office.

“At approximately 1:25 p.m. MDT, however, we were informed that Elvis changed his mind and accepted the same contract we proposed nearly two-and-a-half hours earlier. Although we expressed our concern regarding the time constraints, we were assured that the signed documents would be submitted to us before the league’s waiver deadline.

“We did not receive the documents from Elvis by the league’s deadline and were forced to release him shortly before 2 p.m. MDT.

“Due to this situation, there are now salary cap implications associated with this transaction that we must consider with regard to potentially re-signing Elvis. At this moment, we are discussing all of our free-agency options to determine what’s best for the Denver Broncos.”

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Hopefully pats are on this!   He would look great opposite c jones!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If the pats are not aggressively going after dumerville it would be a tragedy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Dumervil and Ninkovich rushing Gomer?

Priceless and poetic. 

Now that Abraham appears to be coming, forget Freeney (who I wanted). Elvis would be a huge favorite here very quickly. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i would LOVE to see dumervil join the pats....but do they really have the room to sign him AND re-sign talib AND get another free agent? whether it be another receiver or cb...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Erika Leigh ‏@_ErikaLeigh

I will tell you this: it is not related to Sanders, Abraham or a "big" trade.

This chick whos been leading all the Pats news all day said she got some word about something else but wasn't confirmed and all she would elaborate on was the above tweet.

any thoughts?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Erika Leigh ‏@_ErikaLeigh

I will tell you this: it is not related to Sanders, Abraham or a "big" trade.

This chick whos been leading all the Pats news all day said she got some word about something else but wasn't confirmed and all she would elaborate on was the above tweet.

any thoughts?

She got a lot of attention for a previously "unknown".............

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

you cant take any breaking NFL free agency on twitter seriously unless it was tweeted out by adam schefter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

it would be something else to see elvis wearing the flying elvis!

like i said, if they can afford the contract, im all for it....but i wont be upset if they cant sign him. BB has proven he is serious about making a run at it next year. adding size and speed on offense, adding speedy washington for special teams, and adding veteran leadership to a young defense.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts