Elvis Dumervil....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Elvis Dumervil....

Probably Russ. What else is left at this point unless its Talib, dumervil or reed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Way too expensive even after he had agreed to the restructuring. The Pats do not have that kind of money.  They are also pretty well stocked in the DL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

actually the Pats do have that kind of money, its just unlikely they would use it on dumervil, when our starters are already set in the front 7. do we cut nink? hard to imagine that happening. abraham makes more sense because he would be short money and years and would rotate in and out.

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Way too expensive even after he had agreed to the restructuring. The Pats do not have that kind of money.  They are also pretty well stocked in the DL.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

The problem is the guy is Horrible against the run-so he'd be situational-and do the Pats want to pay big money for a one trick pony?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to artielang's comment:

actually the Pats do have that kind of money,

Not when they have still to sign and pay Vollmer and Talib.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm still laughing at " Elway the Magic Beaver". Always hated him.  Elway is to Gary bussey as frank Zappa is to Leon redbone.  What a dumb mistake to make on your watch.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam Schefter         Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Shocking. RT @RavensInsider: Elvis Dumervil and his agent are parting ways, according to sources close to the situation

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam Schefter         Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Elvis Dumervil would have to wait five days from the time he terminates his agent to hire a new one. It's the NFLPA rules. Saga continues.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Alex Marvez @alexmarvez

Agent who had interest in signing Elvis Dumervil told me Tom Condon was a done deal. We'll see. I think Tom knows how to get the fax in

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Money-wise, this makes sense. We'll see if it holds RT @thegarymiller An NFL source told me the Broncos are moving on without Elvis Dumervil.

Dolphins, Patriots, Tampa Bay, Buffalo seem like early favorites,  Denver also but looks like they will be passing.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151273/article/elvis-dumervil-five-potential-nfl-landing-spots

A tweet from NFL.com:

RT @NFL_ATL: Report: Ravens, Patriots, Titans eyeing Elvis Dumervil #FreeAgency http://t.co/46JbOSRUXt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

thats interesting...although not a single local source has noted any interest in dumervil from the pats. granted they run a tight ship, but it sounds like maybe speculation from nfl.com. i have seen the ravens expressing interest in a few places. they need to do something to stem the tide, although i dont see how they afford him especially with what has to be around $5 mil sitting there for Reed (plus they are way more in need of middle LB's). Tampa Bay makes a lot of sense, they have money to burn. not sure how the dolphins would have much left after their crazy spending spree (speaking of which, cant you already see their big signings being waived 3 years from now just like they did this year with Bush, Dansby, etc? what a lousy organization). and no way buffalo with buffalo...their entire salary cap is tied up in their front 4.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

just read that Dumervil had 17 sacks in 09 as a 3-4 OLB.  McDaniels should have a lot of input on him also as  he was the HC.  

I didnt realize that he was athletic enough to play OLB. Figured he wasnt the prototype size to play DE in NEs 4-3 so the Pats wouldnt have much interest. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:

just read that Dumervil had 17 sacks in 09 as a 3-4 OLB.  McDaniels should have a lot of input on him also as  he was the HC.  

I didnt realize that he was athletic enough to play OLB. Figured he wasnt the prototype size to play DE in NEs 4-3 so the Pats wouldnt have much interest. 

He is 6'0 ( actually 5' 11 and something) and 257lbs.  Ran a 4.7 forty.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

thats the reason no local reporters think he's coming here. BB has never brought in a short OLB or DE. the two shortest were Adalius Thomas and Tully B-C. and maybe burgess. i think all those guys were 6'2, which is still a lot longer than dumervil. and none of those guys did anything to make him change his theories on height i'm sure...

In response to Tydog's comment:

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

The problem is the guy is Horrible against the run-so he'd be situational-and do the Pats want to pay big money for a one trick pony?

he started for the 3rd ranked run defense in the NFL last season...

Doesn't mean didly-Broncos had/have a very good all around D--this guy was weak against the run trust me-he'd be a debit against the run-very good pass rusher-but teams do run on 3rd and long?