Re: Emergency Defensive Measures for Offseason
posted at 11/12/2012 5:17 PM EST
In response to jam757's comment:
Guys, we're now in a full blown defensive emergency (have been for years) which is really sad as Brady's last great years waste away before our eyes. What can we do:
1. Throw 5 million per year at Wade Phillips and make him a co-head coach with Bill. I know, i know that would never happen. The Texans would also never allow it. We need a game changer at D-coordinator as it's painfully obvious the Jedi-master can't do it now.
2. Hire Romeo Crenell immediately after he is fired by the Browns. He might actually go for it if he wants to stay busy. They maybe the best most possible option.
3. Hire Norn Tuner- just kidding!!!!!
4. Hire Rex Ryan. I know it sounds completely crazy but they guy can coach defense and it would be hilarious to watch on the sidelines. Maybe he could recruit some Jets defensive players to come with him too!
Are there any other big names out there. Kraft, you should be reading this thread! I'm 100% serious!
Here are my thoughts:
It doesn't hurt when you draft near the bottom of the league all the time. Would you accept the Texans' record over the past eight years to have this year? How about the Lions? They have great talent but languished in the desert
1. Philips as co-coach makes as much sense as Bill giving up the PP duties. Nice thought, but BB would go immediately (and you don't know what his contract says about this). So then we would be stuck with Philips and his stellar record as a head coach. what a great idea!!!
2. of course Romeo would be fired by the Chiefs not the Browns. Like the rest of your post it is inaccuarate and just plain unknowledgeable.
3. Rex ain't coming here and neither are the Jets. Do you know the meaning of tampering?
4. Norv makes the most sense except he is on the o side of the ball not the d