Emmanuel Sanders deadline?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Emmanuel Sanders deadline?

Just wondering. I believe there is a deadline for him to accept PIT's qualifying offer of 1.323?

If I remember correctly, there is SOME kind of deadline. I ask because knowing the Pats, they would wait as long as possible so PIT has to have made some decisions on their roster, and FAs will be fewer.

Looking over the guidelines for qualifying offers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restricted_free_agent) it's shocking that PIT only made the lowest offer. 2.023 (700K more) would've protected him with a 2nd rounder, and 2.879 would've meant a 1st. That's how bad PIT's cap is.

With everything they have done, the Pats seem to be able to offer him something that would be around 2-2.5 for the first year, and that would make it very difficult for PIT, while keeping it manageable for NE.

Anyone know about that deadline? I can't find anything!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Emmanuel Sanders deadline?

Well...I didn't look very hard I guess.

April 19th (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/25/pats-bide-their-time-with-emmanuel-sanders/).

Still 3 weeks away. Plenty of time for the Pats to decide what they want to do. I doubt anyone on their board in the 3rd round rates as highly as Sanders does right now. He seems a player well worth the investment.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

One thing I am curious about are they waiting to do anything with Edelman until they find out about Sanders? To be honest I am a bit surprised that he isn't back yet. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

One thing I am curious about are they waiting to do anything with Edelman until they find out about Sanders? To be honest I am a bit surprised that he isn't back yet. 

Well if they are really after Sanders they need to know how much money they need to front load so Pit can't match it. For that they literally have to wait right until to the deadline so Pit has less likely of a shot to dump salary and match right before the draft.

This might also be what's holding them up from going after Abraham. Personally I think Sanders has Branch (01-05) upside but is currently a #2/3 WR. Is that worth a 3rd, yep of course, but if that prevents them from adding an Abraham then I'd much rather have them go sign an Abraham and resign either Edelman or Lloyd to a low end deal and draft a WR then to wait for just Sanders and not draft a WR too (I'm assuming they will use the first 3 picks on a WR, CB, and DL regardless if that WR is Sanders or a draft pick)

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Thanks for starting threads that actually have a potential positive bearing for the Patriots.   April 19th.

I was beginning to wonder if this forum had gone over the top with NY Trolls, Trolls in General and the kind of krap that Commy puts up.  Each response to these attention seeking @#$%^ers, make it one step closer to their goal and that is the end of this board.  

Please tell me how feeding Leon helps anything?  You can't embarrass anyone who can't be embarrased.   Also the thread that Commy started about BB.  What the F is this place?  The National Enquirer?   

Just had to vent.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

It's really sad that the biggest name at the WR position the Pats are pursing is Emmanuel Sanders.  Another wasted Brady season if you ask me.

We heard the same thing in 2007 when some couldn'tfigure why BB dealt a 2nd and 7th for Welker.  You're too obtuse to see what BB does. They shop for the skill set, not the bloated production.

Donald Jones or Emmanual Sanders in IMPROVED situations with a better QB means their 45 receptions turn into, say, 55 ,spread out over TWO WRs, vs one (Welker).

That's an improvement in BALANCE.

Amendola, Gronk, Hern, Ballard. These would be other names in the mix.  To pretend this "wastes" Brady's season is a pink helmet statement deluxe.

Rusty, do u think a trade can happen?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

It's really sad that the biggest name at the WR position the Pats are pursing is Emmanuel Sanders.  Another wasted Brady season if you ask me.

We heard the same thing in 2007 when some couldn'tfigure why BB dealt a 2nd and 7th for Welker.  You're too obtuse to see what BB does. They shop for the skill set, not the bloated production.

Donald Jones or Emmanual Sanders in IMPROVED situations with a better QB means their 45 receptions turn into, say, 55 ,spread out over TWO WRs, vs one (Welker).

Amendola, Gronk, Hern, Ballard. These would be other names in the mix.  To pretend this "wastes" Brady's season is a pink helmet statement deluxe.

What kind of trade?   I would say anything and everything is on the table with BB.

Like we did with welker or moss

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

What kind of trade?   I would say anything and everything is on the table with BB.

Sure, why not?

If the cap hit wasn't so big in Arizona, why wouldn't a team like that take a 1st rder, Mallett and maybe a 3rd rder for Fitzgerald as they rebuild?

The fact that many teams are in a cap pinch for the next 2 seasons and may realize their best bet is to accept that and scale back adding some picks in the meantime, means a trade option would be on the table considering NE's situation.

Would not be surprised at all if BB has a combo of 4 offseason plans in various orders to address the WR spot, and he'll address literally based on how the market goes and what happens in the draft.

good points.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I guess I am in the minority but I dnt see what this love affair is with Emmanuel Sanders. I dont care what Pioli says (his record speaks for itself!) I would not give up a 3rd rounder for a guy that had 44 catches for 626 yards and 1 TD. Would ratehr have Lloyd back and keep teh 3rd round pick.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have been lectured enough about salary cap hell, and these numbers are usually never 100% and are day to day fluid,  but I do believe that the facts are that the Steelers are at approx $115M against the cap, and they "carried" approx $1.9M, giving them in the range of $9-10M available against the cap.

After the Vollmer signing, my understanding is that is approx where the Pats are as well...

If the numbers are reasonably valid, at least as of today, the Steelers and Pats have about the same amount of $$$ to spend. It would seem it will come down to who feels Sanders is worth more. It would be fairly simple to compare offers if it was only dollars against dollars. But the Pats must also factor in the draft choice lost when figuring the offer.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Sure, why not?

If the cap hit wasn't so big in Arizona, why wouldn't a team like that take a 1st rder, Mallett and maybe a 3rd rder for Fitzgerald as they rebuild?

The fact that many teams are in a cap pinch for the next 2 seasons and may realize their best bet is to accept that and scale back adding some picks in the meantime, means a trade option would be on the table considering NE's situation.

Would not be surprised at all if BB has a combo of 4 offseason plans in various orders to address the WR spot, and he'll address literally based on how the market goes and what happens in the draft.

good points.

I'll say this, I don't get why a cap hit exists if you trade a player off the roster. It should be removed, which is the whole point in moving the player in the first place.

Like, when the Jets trade Revis, they take on a 10 mil cap hit, but isn't the whole point of trading that player, to ris yoursel of a contract mistake and to adjust on the market? 

In the NHL, I think this is different, for example. The contract moves with the player and there isn't a bigger hit (vs salary) to the fomer player's team.  I believe it's half the salary for the hit, so it almost rewards a team to unload a player to reduce cost by 50% vs just holding onto the player in fear of a higher than salary cap hit.

I think there is a better chance to get a quality WR via a camp cut, post draft, when the player is asked to take a paycut, etc, than getting a legit WR in a trade.

IMO, we'll see a slew of cuts after the draft especially if teams close to the cap draft a WR.

Yes, we will have to wait, but BB will do the right thing. about the cap hit, I think NFL do this to make teams respect the cap IMO.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

sigh, we are not trading for Fitz! The Cards would take a $15mil cap hit if they traded Fitz, that just won't happen. Esp for Mallett and a 3rd. Moss was an aging vet who had talked his way off his second team and a lot of teams were wondering if he could kill their locker room and after Oak how much he had left in the tank (his numbers were decreasing). Fitz is still one of the top WRs in the game, isn't a locker room issue, and his numbers haven't decreased the way Moss's did. That's comparing apples to a bacon. If you are going to toss out the 07' comparison at least offer up a realistic comparison to Moss that could actually happen. Look for a disgruntled vet who has locker room issues on his current team and the team is looking to dump him for next to nothing, not a current WR star who doesn't make waves and the team isn't looking to dump for cap relief.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Sure, why not?

----------------------------------

You think BB only has 4 plans?? He's got his own freakin WOPR with every possible contingency for free agency, the draft, and beyond...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s93KC4AGKnY