Emmanuel Sanders deadline?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Emmanuel Sanders deadline?

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

I guess I am in the minority but I dnt see what this love affair is with Emmanuel Sanders. I dont care what Pioli says (his record speaks for itself!) I would not give up a 3rd rounder for a guy that had 44 catches for 626 yards and 1 TD. Would ratehr have Lloyd back and keep teh 3rd round pick.

I don't think they need both Jones and Sanders.  I would have liked to see one bigger, more physical deeper threat guy instead of one of these guys.  And I certainly don't see why they would need both of these guys if they intend to bring Edelman back.  I would have been fine with them having kept Lloyd and Edelman and went after a deeper threat. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Oh yes, don't forget Donald Jones in that 34-31 Pats win in Foxboro. Jones had a fantastic game. He is a blazer and reminds me of a young Branch.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The dead money when you trade a player is money you already paid the guy (signing bonuses mostly) but haven't yet counted against the cap. It gets accelerated just like it would if you cut the guy.  The only way around it would be if the unaccounted bonus amount got traded too and ended up counting against the acquiring team's cap.  If you don't count it at all it becomes free money from a cap perspective and would undermine the whole cap system.  Teams could swap players simply to remove cap hits! 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The dead money when you trade a player is money you already paid the guy (signing bonuses mostly) but haven't yet counted against the cap. It gets accelerated just like it would if you cut the guy.  The only way around it would be if the unaccounted bonus amount got traded too and ended up counting against the acquiring team's cap.  If you don't count it at all it becomes free money from a cap perspective and would undermine the whole cap system.  Teams could swap players simply to remove cap hits! 

Yeah, but in the NHL it's only  50% hit, when a player is dealt vs in the NFL it's 100%. I kind of like the NHL way better.

I know absolutely nothing about the NHL rules.  Do they split the remaining unaccounted bonus between the two teams? that does seem like a workable approach. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Yeah, but in the NHL it's only  50% hit, when a player is dealt vs in the NFL it's 100%. I kind of like the NHL way better.

But you also have to account for the fact that the NHL salary cap is somewhere south of 90 million. So the rules have to be a little different.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I guess I am in the minority but I dnt see what this love affair is with Emmanuel Sanders. I dont care what Pioli says (his record speaks for itself!) I would not give up a 3rd rounder for a guy that had 44 catches for 626 yards and 1 TD. Would ratehr have Lloyd back and keep teh 3rd round pick.

I don't think they need both Jones and Sanders.  I would have liked to see one bigger, more physical deeper threat guy instead of one of these guys.  And I certainly don't see why they would need both of these guys if they intend to bring Edelman back.  I would have been fine with them having kept Lloyd and Edelman and went after a deeper threat. 

How man big and physical WRs did we have when Brady was under center, methodically leading our offense to SB wins?

How long ago was that Rusty?  The game has changed since then.  Get with the times! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

It's really sad that the biggest name at the WR position the Pats are pursing is Emmanuel Sanders.  Another wasted Brady season if you ask me.

Yawn

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Before picking apart Sanders for "only having 44 catches...", you should at least consider a few things:

1) PIT's O-Line was simply atrocious. That obvious impacts the passing game.

2) Mike Wallace. His 13 mil per year deal shows what kind of attention other teams, and undoubtedly his own QB and OC were giving him, regardless of the down year.

3) Antonio Brown. I mean, the guy just signed a rather large deal last offseason, and he pushes Sanders to the #3 WR option.

4) Now factor in a TE (Miller) who has been on of Rapelisthburgers favorite targets for a few seasons, and those 44 catches look a little different.

Also, PIT was Bryant, and they brought back Plaxico, and brought in Jericho Cotchery. Seems they are positioning themselves to move on without Sanders.

Also, about PIT potentially having similar cap space as the Pats...how far along is PIT's roster? I mean, the Pats are basically set, they have probably around 5 million to play with, that's after 3ish for rookies, and the 2-3 they keep for the beginning of every year to adjust based on injuries.

Pats are coming off a season which they nearly made the SB, after making the SB the previous year. PIT is not exactly on that level, and have many more problems to fix. Signing Sanders, who would be no higher than BR's 3rd receiving option, probably isn't very high on their list.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I agree King.

What the Pats need, in my opinion, is a WR (yes, specifically a WR) who can average north of 15 ypr (yards per reception). Short, tall, big, thin...I don't care. I think Sanders, over 50ish catches, can provide that. In his three seasons to date, he's averaged 13.7, and that's WITH Wallace and Bryant. In NE, he's immediately the #1 'deep threat'.

For comparison's sake, Lloyd was at 12.3. Welker 11.5. Who led the team? Gronk, at 14.4. Hernandez, in over 50 catches, was at 9.5. I was kind of surprised most by that number.

I think Lloyd was 'ok', but not enough of an outside, down the sideline threat. As a #2 outside WR, I think he's very good. As the lead outside guy, he leaves something to be desired.

A RECEIVING corps of...:

Gronk

Hernandez

Amendola

Jones

Sanders

...is something I'm VERY comfortable with as the top 5. Ballard as #6, and Vereen as #7 make me love it. Any WR brought in beyond that, unless a shocker is out there, is no more than the 7/8th receiving option. That can be found for a draft pick, or a vet-min. If Edelman comes back first, I don't think they sign anything of consequence, but then they still lack a true outside guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

I agree King.

What the Pats need, in my opinion, is a WR (yes, specifically a WR) who can average north of 15 ypr (yards per reception). Short, tall, big, thin...I don't care. I think Sanders, over 50ish catches, can provide that. In his three seasons to date, he's averaged 13.7, and that's WITH Wallace and Bryant. In NE, he's immediately the #1 'deep threat'.

For comparison's sake, Lloyd was at 12.3. Welker 11.5. Who led the team? Gronk, at 14.4. Hernandez, in over 50 catches, was at 9.5. I was kind of surprised most by that number.

I think Lloyd was 'ok', but not enough of an outside, down the sideline threat. As a #2 outside WR, I think he's very good. As the lead outside guy, he leaves something to be desired.

A RECEIVING corps of...:

Gronk

Hernandez

Amendola

Jones

Sanders

...is something I'm VERY comfortable with as the top 5. Ballard as #6, and Vereen as #7 make me love it. Any WR brought in beyond that, unless a shocker is out there, is no more than the 7/8th receiving option. That can be found for a draft pick, or a vet-min. If Edelman comes back first, I don't think they sign anything of consequence, but then they still lack a true outside guy.

deandre hopkins or da rick rogers wont be a 7th or 8th option im, if bb is smart enough to draft talent (and size) like that

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

A RECEIVING corps of...:

Gronk

Hernandez

Amendola

Jones

Sanders

[/QUOTE]

I still dont agree that you give up a 3rd round draft pick for a back up WR.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

A RECEIVING corps of...:

Gronk

Hernandez

Amendola

Jones

Sanders

I still dont agree that you give up a 3rd round draft pick for a back up WR.

[/QUOTE]

He wouldn't be a backup on this team. He'd essentially get Lloyd's snaps. Lloyd was no backup either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:

Oh yes, don't forget Donald Jones in that 34-31 Pats win in Foxboro. Jones had a fantastic game. He is a blazer and reminds me of a young Branch.

Dont forget Jones did not play the last few games last year and the Bills released him both for medical issues. Also the Pats offered him zero $$ guaranteed so they also have concerns if Jones is medically able to play. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Action-Jackson. Show Action-Jackson's posts