Emmanuel Sanders for Ryan Mallett swap?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Emmanuel Sanders for Ryan Mallett swap?

No, not directly. I know PIT has no interest in Mallett. What I'm getting at is:

-Sanders would cost a third.

-Most people seem to want a second for Mallett.

I, for one, would happily trade Mallett, straight up, for Sanders. That being said, I'd be MORE than happy to take a third for Mallett, and send our third (which would probably be the lower of the 2) for Sanders. In essence, It would be Mallet for Sanders and a move UP in the third round.

Holding out for a second seems unneccessarily greedy if it is a deal breaker. However, BB still has about 12 days to decide, so I expect nothing immediate. I just wanted to share this thought.

Mallett out, Sanders in, same basic draft picks, no longer a need for a WR in the draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Emmanuel Sanders for Ryan Mallett swap?

I think mallet is worth more than just a 3rd straight up. But I do like your thought of using 1 of the thirds we might get and use it on sanders. I don't think us adding at WR stops with sanders if we did it. I would still want to draft one and develop them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

No way would I trade a starting caliber QB for a #3 WR.  If we're going to trade Mallett it better be for a mid second or better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This would be a terrible trade IMO...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

No they should get much more for a potential starting quarterback than a receiver like Sanders.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots should be satisfied to keep both of them. A year of Mallett is apparently a valuable asset, because no one can ever predict that their starting quarterback will survive the season.

Sanders has rare 3-cone times, 6.60 versus Wes Welker's 7.09.  I'm amazed that so many players with more explosion than Wes Welker exist in this world.  Jonathan Kraft should make Sanders an offer that Pittsburgh will find hard to match and hard to pass on, with a slightly heavy emphasis on hard to match. 

BB didn't think twice about drafting Hernandez and Gronk in the same draft, even though conventional wisdom says you can only have one starting tight end.  In this case, BB knows that explosion, not speed, kills in 2013.  He can have both Danny Amendola and Emmanuel Sanders on the same offense, and no NFL team has two guys who can both cover this type of attack, never mind with Gronk also catching passes at true tight end and Hernandez floating around at H-back.  At the very least, BB will be able to platoon the two in and out at slot receiver, keeping their legs fresh, driving defenses crazy because Sanders has a deep game.  If one of the two gets injured, the show keeps going on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

No, not directly. I know PIT has no interest in Mallett. What I'm getting at is:

-Sanders would cost a third.

-Most people seem to want a second for Mallett.

I, for one, would happily trade Mallett, straight up, for Sanders. That being said, I'd be MORE than happy to take a third for Mallett, and send our third (which would probably be the lower of the 2) for Sanders. In essence, It would be Mallet for Sanders and a move UP in the third round.

Holding out for a second seems unneccessarily greedy if it is a deal breaker. However, BB still has about 12 days to decide, so I expect nothing immediate. I just wanted to share this thought.

Mallett out, Sanders in, same basic draft picks, no longer a need for a WR in the draft.

Not just no...but HELL NO!!! The Pats' third round pick this season is 91st overall. They could trade that for Sanders, if they want him.

Mallett was selected with the 74th overall pick in the 2011 draft, and learned under Tom Brady and BB for two years. He's as good or better of a prospect that any of the QBs available in this years' draft. The best of the available QBs are at least worthy of second round picks. Thus, aren't the Patriots right in seeking a second round pick for Mallett?    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'm down with the TB trade discussed yesterday:

Tampa Bay gets:

- Mallett

- The 7th rd pick they gave us in the Talib trade

Boston gets:

- Tampa Bay's 3rd

- Our own 4th from Talib trade back

- Tampa Bay's 6th

The Patriots can then move our 3rd rd pick for Sanders and have a pick in every round of the draft except for the 5th

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts