Emmanuel Sanders in 2014?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Emmanuel Sanders in 2014?

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/2142/sanders-to-face-team-he-nearly-joined?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Seems like we wanted him enough to give up a 3rd but since Steelers matched, we couldn't it done.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Emmanuel Sanders in 2014?

I doubt it, they drafted Boyce as the fall back after Pitt matched. I'm sure the Pats are hoping Boyce will give them something next season...or after the BYE. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

My dream scenario at WR would be signing Eric Decker... while I don't think that'll happen, I could see James Jones or Dexter McCluster or Anquan Boldin or Emmanuel Sanders or Golden Tate or Tandon Doss or Jacoby Ford, etc. as UFA WR's that could/would interest them after the season.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The ship has sailed on Sanders...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I doubt it, they drafted Boyce as the fall back after Pitt matched. I'm sure the Pats are hoping Boyce will give them something next season...or after the BYE. 

[/QUOTE]

Why not, we need a WR to replace Amendola

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

What the hell is happening with Boyce? Why isn't he even on the game day roster? I understand rookies are going to be left off, but not ones with talent in a position of need...this one smells funny. I hope we didn't draft another nut job - that would be awful - I think this kid has as much (if not more) talent than all of our receivers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

My dream scenario at WR would be signing Eric Decker... while I don't think that'll happen, I could see James Jones or Dexter McCluster or Anquan Boldin or Emmanuel Sanders or Golden Tate or Tandon Doss or Jacoby Ford, etc. as UFA WR's that could/would interest them after the season.

Ain't happening. We don't have the kind of money which would be about 7 mil per for those kinds of WRs.

We don't need to do that considering the progression of Thompkins and Dobson as rookies here so far.

I don't get this whole Sanders obsession either.  He was an option, it did not work because Pitt panicked, overpaid, stretched their cap position and they lost out on a draft pick in the process.

I get you can't come out and tell your fans in Pitt "Hey, we're rebuilding!", but they are.  It's decisions like that which get a GM fired. Colbert on the hotseat. So is Tomlin.

Once Pitt matched and passed on their opportunity to use 2013 as a transition year, Emmanuel Sanders was moved on from by this organization and the turned into the draft.

Whether Pitt did what's best for their current or future team is irrelevant and I don't see how that transaction has any effect on him as a potential option for NE in 2014.  They liked him then, were rumored to be interested again during the trade deadline and it's clear that they have a need at the WR position, particularly for a veteran.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ain't happening. We don't have the kind of money which would be about 7 mil per for those kinds of WRs.

We don't need to do that considering the progression of Thompkins and Dobson as rookies here so far.

I don't get this whole Sanders obsession either.  He was an option, it did not work because Pitt panicked, overpaid, stretched their cap position and they lost out on a draft pick in the process.

I get you can't come out and tell your fans in Pitt "Hey, we're rebuilding!", but they are.  It's decisions like that which get a GM fired. Colbert on the hotseat. So is Tomlin.

Once Pitt matched and passed on their opportunity to use 2013 as a transition year, Emmanuel Sanders was moved on from by this organization and the turned into the draft.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think most if the FA's MB listed are going to go at 7m per. At least not sanders and a few others. We had the chance to get him and cheaped out. The better bet would have been to up the ante on sanders using amendola money and not sign amendola. It is what it is. You say all these guys are out if our price range, and in another dozen threads talk about the flat cap. meaning, these guys can or should be had even on 1 year deals for modest money. 

thompkins and Dobson have progressed albeit at a vey slow rate. Thompkins basically fell off the map the last 2 weeks, being replaced in part by collie who didn't do anything last week. When collie passed thompkins on the depth chart, that is a troubling turn of events Given his situation, joining late and lack of production as of late. Yes, you can say Dobson has progressed as the other reason why.

the state of our WR corps leaves a lot to be desired. I won't say if and who we should go after next year until I see the next 8 games play out. If sanders, I think we can get him for Arrington type money, 4m per or so. 

We are going to have to make some tough decisions next year on current players. Wilfork comes to mind with a cap hit if 7.5, and mankins at 2m, connolly at 2m, Gregory at 2m and Kelly at 2m. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Well, I am interested to see if Boyce and Moe can do anything in our system. we may have to wait until next year. Boyce has been a game day inactive a few times this year already. He's not even in the discussion in terms of who will suit up. 

MB...you mentioned a kid recently on your draft thread...said he had speed, speed, speed. To me, this is Boyce. joshy needs to find a way and reason to utilize this kid even if its on screens or reverses or whatever. I would rather have seen Boyce lined up in the backfield on 3rd down than bolden.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, I am interested to see if Boyce and Moe can do anything in our system. we may have to wait until next year. Boyce has been a game day inactive a few times this year already. He's not even in the discussion in terms of who will suit up. 

MB...you mentioned a kid recently on your draft thread...said he had speed, speed, speed. To me, this is Boyce. joshy needs to find a way and reason to utilize this kid even if its on screens or reverses or whatever. I would rather have seen Boyce lined up in the backfield on 3rd down than bolden.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was in reference to Oregon's De'Anthony Thomas... who's on another planet in terms of game speed and big play ability, compared to Boyce, ha.

I'm too am surprised at Boyce's lack of PT, but I think it speaks volumes about his ability to understand and execute the playbook vs. it being a physical ability thing.  I'm also looking forward to seeing what Moe can offer in the future.

Sections
Shortcuts