Emmanuel Sanders question...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Emmanuel Sanders question...

Latest reports are that Ol' Ben the Raper is urging Pitt to offer Emmanuel the 700K so that he can retain of of his burners after losing Mike Wallace, but my question to the more savy NFL minded gents on this board is this...

When is the deadline for Pitt to match BB's offer? Is it tonight 11:59PM or is this one of those things where the deadline isn't until the NFL offices closes at around 4 PM tomorrow? 

I really want Emmanuel Sanders, not just because we have a need there, I just want Ben to lose everything he has. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Emmanuel Sanders question...

Already got his nickname picked out and everything...

The Mmaneuel Sanders. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I've already started calling him Webster...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

=D I don't get it, I was born in the 90s.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

I was wondering about the deadline here too. Reiss had reported Sunday evening but no specific time.

Pitt is in a tough spot here. They've had some good results with drafting wideouts but this pick is only a few spots away from the 4th round.

To me making it a one year deal is what makes it so hard for Pitt to match. I have a feeling we'll see Sanders in red white and blue, not black and gold.

Is there a rule in Pitt that all their teams must have the same color scheme? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

haha

I also had no idea 49Patriots was a Millenial. 

I always liked how they had a dumbwaiter in that apartment. 

Jan 25th 1990 is not  millenial, that's almost 80s. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's a tough call for Pit. He's a good 'X' WR who can be a solid #2 and an great #3 WR. Those are hard to find in the late 3rd. So the value of the returned pick to Pit doesn't quite line up pick wise but it's not far off (round to half a round off). The bigger thing is Pit could use that extra $1.9 mil in cap relief for the rooks and there is also to roaming specture that next year they are in cap issues too. They could sign him but be killing their future cap (restructures) or lose a player (cuts) for essentially a 1 year rental if they can't resign Sanders next year. There best bet might be to take a short term hit and take the value to give them something moving forward.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

TY Hilton, Chris Givens, Travis Benjamin, Joe Adams, Devon Wylie, Jarius Wright, Keshawn Martin, Nick Toon, Greg Childs, Danny Coale. These were the next 10 WRs drafted after pick 91 last year. Hilton appears to be a fine choice by Indy and had an impact in his first year. They drafted well (or got lucky). The rest of these guys?  Not sure I heard any of their names last season.

I'll take Sanders, whether I'm Pitt or BB.

But I think the one year aspect of the offer sheet paints Pitt into a difficult corner. If it was a three or four year deal that was reasonably affordable, I don't think there's any question they'd match.  With a one year deal, they know they're right back where they started next year. But given the names above, and with the loss of Wallace, I don't see how they don't match.

I realize they could use their first round pick on a WR and that list is better (Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd, Kendall Wright and AJ Jenkins), but it's still not that great and although a couple of them had their moments, they didn't do much as a group in year 1. Receivers, even the best ones, take a while to figure it out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The Colonel

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

haha

Technically, a Millenial is 1982 and beyond (through 2000). Don't take it personal. I just thought you might be older.

I seriously think Jan 25th 1990 is SB 24 when Montana lit up Denver's secondary for like 4 TD passes in a 55-10 win.

Elway sucked again and most of the country was happy.

I watched that SB at a hotel bar in Lima Peru.   What a garbage dump.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

TY Hilton, Chris Givens, Travis Benjamin, Joe Adams, Devon Wylie, Jarius Wright, Keshawn Martin, Nick Toon, Greg Childs, Danny Coale. These were the next 10 WRs drafted after pick 91 last year. Hilton appears to be a fine choice by Indy and had an impact in his first year. They drafted well (or got lucky). The rest of these guys?  Not sure I heard any of their names last season.

But I think the one year aspect of the offer sheet paints Pitt into a difficult corner. If it was a three or four year deal that was reasonably affordable, I don't think there's any question they'd match.  With a one year deal, they know they're right back where they started next year. But given the names above, and with the loss of Wallace, I don't see how they don't match.

I realize they could use their first round pick on a WR and that list is better (Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd, Kendall Wright and AJ Jenkins), but it's still not that great and although a couple of them had their moments, they didn't do much as a group in year 1. Receivers, even the best ones, take a while to figure it out.

I'm not sure you can really compare different draft classes as this draft 2nd-4th round WRs seems pretty deep while last year not as much. But for fun went back to 2010 when Sanders was drafted and found Mike Williams at #101, Decker at #87, Antonio Brown at #195 so depending on draft class you can find some top end talent at #91 and considering Pitt is pretty good at finding mid round WRs (Sanders, Williams, Brown) #91 is actually a fairly good pick for them given what most think of this WR class

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I'm not sure you can really compare different draft classes as this draft 2nd-4th round WRs seems pretty deep while last year not as much. But for fun went back to 2010 when Sanders was drafted and found Mike Williams at #101, Decker at #87, Antonio Brown at #195 so depending on draft class you can find some top end talent at #91 and considering Pitt is pretty good at finding mid round WRs (Sanders, Williams, Brown) #91 is actually a fairly good pick for them given what most think of this WR class

[QUOTE] 

Sure, draft classes vary. There are always guys that slip, but for every Antonio Brown there are 25 guys who never make it. So, if you're Pittsburgh or the Pats, do you want to take your chances with a draft choice and hope he's Antonio Brown or Decker (and not Limas Sweed or Taylor Price) or go with a guy who you know a lot more about?  

On top of that, both teams are in need of guys who can play now more than they are guys who need to be developed. And first year WRs almost never have much of an impact.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE] 

Sure, draft classes vary. There are always guys that slip, but for every Antonio Brown there are 25 guys who never make it. So, if you're Pittsburgh or the Pats, do you want to take your chances with a draft choice and hope he's Antonio Brown or Decker (and not Limas Sweed or Taylor Price) or go with a guy who you know a lot more about?  

On top of that, both teams are in need of guys who can play now more than they are guys who need to be developed. And first year WRs almost never have much of an impact.  

If I'm the Pats, heck no cause we stink at drafting WRs to begin with. But, if I'm Pit then considering my 3 top receivers came around that pick I'd take my chances. You get a WR under your control for 4 years instead of one. It also means you could take a WR early and use that 3rd on a DL or CB at the same risk. So if I'm Pit with a great drafting record on mid round front 7 and WRs I would feel pretty good about my chances to get 4 years worth of production instead of 1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

better names available this eyar around that time, no guarantee of course

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE] 

If I'm the Pats, heck no cause we stink at drafting WRs to begin with. But, if I'm Pit then considering my 3 top receivers came around that pick I'd take my chances. You get a WR under your control for 4 years instead of one. It also means you could take a WR early and use that 3rd on a DL or CB at the same risk. So if I'm Pit with a great drafting record on mid round front 7 and WRs I would feel pretty good about my chances to get 4 years worth of production instead of 1

exactly what i have said. tghey have had plenty of star wrs picked in rd 3 or beyond.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

haha

Technically, a Millenial is 1982 and beyond (through 2000). Don't take it personal. I just thought you might be older.

I seriously think Jan 25th 1990 is SB 24 when Montana lit up Denver's secondary for like 4 TD passes in a 55-10 win.

I watched that SB at a hotel bar in Lima Peru.   What a garbage dump.  

On vacation?  Machu Picchu? Drug dealing excursion? In the military? lol

Odd place to find yourself to watch it. You're lucky they put it on for you. haha

I was on a couch in Massachusetts.

No I was working. I went to 11 different country's and sanjuan before I came home.  When I got to El Paso I got taken to a little room and was questioned.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

exactly what i have said. tghey have had plenty of star wrs picked in rd 3 or beyond.

[QUOTE]

Name this group that makes up "plenty in RD 3 and beyond" please.

[QUOTE]

Stars? The list is Wallace, Brown and Sanders. You can call Wallace a star I suppose. Brown? Nice player, solid contributor for sure. Star? Nah. Sanders isn't a star but is a decent player.  They've also picked some stiffs.

The bottom line is do you want to go into a season with Brown and some draft choice as your top WRs, and oh yeah, Plaxico? That isn't good. Why do you think Ben is lobbying to keep Sanders?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Stars? The list is Wallace, Brown and Sanders. You can call Wallace a star I suppose. Brown? Nice player, solid contributor for sure. Star? Nah. Sanders isn't a star but is a decent player.  They've also picked some stiffs.

The bottom line is do you want to go into a season with Brown and some draft choice as your top WRs, and oh yeah, Plaxico? That isn't good. Why do you think Ben is lobbying to keep Sanders?

The Sanders question will bne answered tomorrow. Here's a pretty good discussion on whether Pittsburgh should match the Pats' offer: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158847/article/emmanuel-sanders-signed-to-offer-sheet-by-patriots?campaign=Ext_Email_1st10_Daily&cvosrc=Ext.Email.1st10.Daily

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

haha

I remember being in a club in Antigua watching that SB gettiing crushed drinking Red Stripe. A great night and a great trip.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Lol good old Emmanuel Lewis.