Emmanuel Sanders?!?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Emmanuel Sanders?!?

In response to TFB12's comment:

And her comes the plethora of "value" type players that end up taking up roster spots instead of talent spots on the field.

First Donald Jones, now possibly Emmanuel Sanders! 

Looks like depth is going to be a huge key this year... several players on offense being signed and looked at who have had very low play rate the last few years.  Yippee! 

Um with all due respect TFB you are full of it on this one.  Those value signings you were referring to in the past were old guys looking for prove it deals at the end of their careers.  These are young guys like a certain midget WR from Miami that no one wanted.  You must have been furious when the Pats added Welker given that his resume wasn't any better than most of the guys we brought in.  Now I'm not saying anyone is going to be Wes, but this offense will survive without Wes Welker.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

And her comes the plethora of "value" type players that end up taking up roster spots instead of talent spots on the field.

First Donald Jones, now possibly Emmanuel Sanders! 

Looks like depth is going to be a huge key this year... several players on offense being signed and looked at who have had very low play rate the last few years.  Yippee! 

Actually these moves I like as they are upgrades to Branch and Edelman which was needed last year for WR depth

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I would make the move if I were the Pats...My hope is for defense in the first round.

If BB plans on drafting a WR, there's a really good chance he's a nonfactor for this season, and possibly the season after.

He's worth the 3rd round value if you want instand production. Would probably need a big enough hit for this season to force the Steelers into a tough decision. But with Brady's restructure, we may be able to do that while having the room to sign Abraham/Freeney, Wilson, and a starting corner

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I and others have mentioned this kid before. He's slotted to go in the 3rd rd. (before we cash in a third rounder for Sanders)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1525616-make-no-mistake-small-school-product-darick-rogers-is-a-big-time-nfl-talent

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

This would be an awesome pick up! Even more if BB can work a trade and get us out of giving up that 3rd round pick!

If they work out a trade, there is no way the Steelers accept anything less than the value of a 3rd round pick. The only reason why a trade would make sense for the Pats is so that they can avoid giving Sanders a heavily front-loaded deal. Steelers won't make it easier for the Pats unless we give them better compensation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

I will be back I am going to go bang my head.....

Jeff Howe

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe

Emmanuel Sanders was drafted eight picks ahead of .... Taylor Price.

There were 7 WR's taken in the 13 picks immediatley prior to the Patriots taking Price.

I have said it many times before. That Patriots once again were a victim of their own success of picking at the end of the round. Price is what was left after a major run started right before they picked.

Eric Decker and Andre Roberts were also chosen just a couple of picks before the Patriots selection came up

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Sanders is proven in the league. Da'rick rgoers is not. Sanders will require a 3rd as will da'rick, but sanders will command a higher salary. Sanders can probably contrivute right away, Rogers maybe. 

I compare sanders against WR we could grab this year in round 3 possibly.although not bigger than jones or Danny, he is a good route runner n's speedy. I only do this if we can turn mallet into a pick, a 3rd rounder plus some. Otherwise, I think I look elsewhere. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Grab Sanders.....fast and has potential better than the 3rd rd pick you would have to give up

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I like this if BB goes through with it. Weakens the Steelers and gives us a proven NFL talent.

The only knock on BB is that he just cant seem to get WR's right in the draft. Sanders can play, has production at this level and should be able to contribute if we get him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Sanders is proven in the league. Da'rick rgoers is not. Sanders will require a 3rd as will da'rick, but sanders will command a higher salary. Sanders can probably contrivute right away, Rogers maybe. 

I compare sanders against WR we could grab this year in round 3 possibly.although not bigger than jones or Danny, he is a good route runner n's speedy. I only do this if we can turn mallet into a pick, a 3rd rounder plus some. Otherwise, I think I look elsewhere. 

I'd torn on that. Rogers might have higher upside and is bigger which I still believe the Pats need size at WR but Sanders at least proved he can be a #3 WR right now with potential to be a #2. For a 3rd that's not a bad deal. Since we got Jones though (similar to Sanders) I might roll the dice on higher upside and size personally

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I'd torn on that. Rogers might have higher upside and is bigger which I still believe the Pats need size at WR but Sanders at least proved he can be a #3 WR right now with potential to be a #2. For a 3rd that's not a bad deal. Since we got Jones though (similar to Sanders) I might roll the dice on higher upside and size personally

The 3rd rd tender at 1.5 for Sanders is similar to how Mallett would be viewed in a thin QB market.

The WR market in the draft is not deep and it's thin in FA, too.  Wallace and Bowe were overpaid wildly at 13 and 11 million.

So, instead of gambling in Rd 3 for a WR, you get someone you might like who is cheap, has experience, can be developed and a price you can control for a new deal.

Mallett is actually worth no worse than a 2nd rd pick at his price in this market.

If we didn't have Jones I'd agree but with Jones who is a similar skill set as Sanders I think you could afford to take a chance on a larger WR who has 1st round talent but is dropping because of character concerns. Is it a risk, yep but at 6'3.5" he'd make for a great red zone threat, one that Brady needs outside of Gronk. Don't forget we got stalled inside the 20's because or WR's didn't have the size to out fight for balls most of the time

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

ProFootballTalk       ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

Pats dust off the RFA market, and could emerge with a steal http://wp.me/p14QSB-7CLk 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonhoop74. Show jonhoop74's posts

Antonio Brown Tweet. hmm..

Antonio Brown @AntonioBrown84

Guess AB the last guy standing ! #SteelersNation

11:55 AM - 15 Mar 13 · Details
    1. 35mMichael Jacob Sr. Michael Jacob Sr. @thakidcaz

@AntonioBrown84 Hold it down bro!

11:56 AM - 15 Mar 13 · Details

2. 35mPlaxico Burress Plaxico Burress @pIaxico

@AntonioBrown84 we gone get it bruh

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to jonhoop74's comment:

Antonio Brown Tweet. hmm..

Antonio Brown @AntonioBrown84

Guess AB the last guy standing ! #SteelersNation

11:55 AM - 15 Mar 13 · Details

1. 35mMichael Jacob Sr. Michael Jacob Sr. @thakidcaz

@AntonioBrown84 Hold it down bro!

11:56 AM - 15 Mar 13 · Details

2. 35mPlaxico Burress Plaxico Burress @pIaxico

@AntonioBrown84 we gone get it bruh

plese someone translate, I'm not a twit does this mean he thinks he's the only WR left?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to Rocky's comment:

I will be back I am going to go bang my head.....

Jeff Howe

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe

Emmanuel Sanders was drafted eight picks ahead of .... Taylor Price.

There were 7 WR's taken in the 13 picks immediatley prior to the Patriots taking Price.

I have said it many times before. That Patriots once again were a victim of their own success of picking at the end of the round. Price is what was left after a major run started right before they picked.

Eric Decker and Andre Roberts were also chosen just a couple of picks before the Patriots selection came up

Unforetunately, I remember it well; squirming in my chair as wr after wr went by the boards.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I and others have mentioned this kid before. He's slotted to go in the 3rd rd. (before we cash in a third rounder for Sanders)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1525616-make-no-mistake-small-school-product-darick-rogers-is-a-big-time-nfl-talent

Keep in mind this guy was trouble at Tennessee and from what I read during the scouting combine, he turned some people off during his second chance at that small school too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll take Amendola, Jones and Sanders as our receiver core...all three can run...none of our receivers could do that last season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Me too mthurl. That is a decent lineup . Are you counting Lloyd out?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Fits the BB WR profile... has some deep speed, quick, good COD/RAC ability.  Liked this kid a lot leading up to the 2010 draft.