Emmanuel Sanders?!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: Emmanuel Sanders?!?

We suck drafting WR... bring him for a 3rd.. + he is young... 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Isn't the complaint it was too crowded in the middle of the field in the offensive scheme of the  Pats? And we looking at trading the few draft picks the club has for a 5'11". 190 lbs receiver who primarily plays slot, who was the third receiver in Pitts, who  had 2 fumbles lost in 44 receptions and calling it a coup in the making.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian Rapoport        

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Emmanuel Sanders still hasn't signed an offer sheet from Pats. No reason to do so before 4 pm deadline and give Steelers extra time to match

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian Rapoport         Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Would #Steelers match Pats (front-loaded) offer sheet? Too early to tell. Have 7 days. Would have to restructure several (Polamalu, etc)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

I will be back I am going to go bang my head.....

Jeff Howe

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe

Emmanuel Sanders was drafted eight picks ahead of .... Taylor Price.

Well that means we were not in position to get him

Thats not nearly as bad as trading UP to the front of the 2nd rd with GB to take Chad Jackson, and the pick we had to begin with at the end of rd 2 is used on Greg Jennings, the 3rd rd pick we gave up, #76, could have been:

OT/G - Jahri Evans

WR - Brandon Marshall

TE - Own Daniels

DE/OLB - Elvis Dumervil

So basically the Pats gave up Jennings and could have picked an all-pro at one of four positions of weakness on an '06 team that should have won the SB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I will be back I am going to go bang my head.....

Jeff Howe

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe

Emmanuel Sanders was drafted eight picks ahead of .... Taylor Price.

Well that means we were not in position to get him

Thats not nearly as bad as trading UP to the front of the 2nd rd with GB to take Chad Jackson, and the pick we had to begin with at the end of rd 2 is used on Greg Jennings, the 3rd rd pick we gave up, #76, could have been:

OT/G - Jahri Evans

WR - Brandon Marshall

TE - Own Daniels

DE/OLB - Elvis Dumervil

So basically the Pats gave up Jennings and could have picked an all-pro at one of four positions of weakness on an '06 team that should have won the SB.

Well, we could have taken him in round 2 over Cunningham. Sanders did have a round 2-3 grade 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

May have to wait a couple of days

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/03/steelers-wr-emmanuel-sanders-takes-to-facebook-to-discuss-situation-with-patriots/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Field Yates        

Field Yates @FieldYates

Via @BobLabriola: Steelers GM Kevin Colbert says team still hasn't received an offer sheet from Patriots on RFA WR Emmanuel Sanders

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Field Yates        

Field Yates @FieldYates

Via @BobLabriola: Steelers GM Kevin Colbert says team still hasn't received an offer sheet from Patriots on RFA WR Emmanuel Sanders

you are too fast, just was going to post this myself

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Saw this on masslive:

........A report from an independent outlet claimed that the Patriots presented Sanders with an offer sheet was widely picked up by the accredited media, but no such move has been made. Sanders posted on his Facebook page Saturday afternoon that he was still waiting to hear back from the Patriots.

If the New England makes a move, Pittsburgh has to be notified immediately and will then have five days to either match the offer or take a third-round pick as compensation.

The Pats have until April 19 to make a decision.

Does anyone know why the Pats have until 19 April?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Saw this on masslive:

........A report from an independent outlet claimed that the Patriots presented Sanders with an offer sheet was widely picked up by the accredited media, but no such move has been made. Sanders posted on his Facebook page Saturday afternoon that he was still waiting to hear back from the Patriots.

If the New England makes a move, Pittsburgh has to be notified immediately and will then have five days to either match the offer or take a third-round pick as compensation.

That's the RFA tender offer deadline. I suppose the logic is to have all that wrapped up pre-draft.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Saw this on masslive:

That's the RFA tender offer deadline. I suppose the logic is to have all that wrapped up pre-draft.

Thanks Muzwell, I was trying to find it online. No luck.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Good strategy waiting:

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko

Best time to sign a RFA is later in FA when money has to be allocated for draft picks and much tougher to match.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

I have some family who are Steelers fans in Pittsburgh. They say that Sanders is a rising star and could thrive if he is the #1 or #2 guy. I think he's worth the pick, and anyway, if we do give up the pick, we could just trade Mallett for more picks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

April 19 the deadline on Sanders March, 25, 2013

MAR 25 2:00 PM ET

By Field Yates | ESPNBoston.com

Since a visit with the Patriots shortly after the opening of free agency, we haven't heard much as it relates to Steelers restricted free agent wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders. 

One of the questions that has come up regarding Sanders and the Patriots' potential interest is the deadline for the team to sign him to an offer sheet. 

The answer is April 19, at which point the Steelers would have five days to match the Patriots' offer and retain Sanders or decline it and receive the Patriots' 2013 third-round draft choice. 

Many have asked if the Patriots remain interested in Sanders given that no offer has been formally agreed to, but there could be an element of timing in this situation. The Steelers are in the midst of a tight financial situation, which could be one of the reasons that Sanders received an original-round tender rather than a first or second-round tender, which would have made an offer sheet less likely. 

Pittsburgh has holes to fill this offseason, and the Patriots (if they are still interested in Sanders) could be waiting for the Steelers to make other roster moves, which would further limit their cap space and ability to match an offer. 

So while we don't specifically know where the team stands on Sanders, we do have a timeline of when the Patriots would have to act by in order to acquire him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

at some point the Pats will also be out of cap space, unless they make cuts are extend Vince or Mankins. I can see putting the pressure on the Steelers, but is Sanders really going to be worth it? I think I prefer Edleman, who will come cheaper and will not cost a draft choice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My only concern about Edelman, who I think is an excellent all-around football player, is that he just can't stay on the field.  Guy gives everything he's got but pays a price for doing so.  Otherwise I'd agree that he'd be at least as good and perhaps a better option.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

Edelman???????HAAAAAA rather than Sauders

YA CRAZY

IM TIRED OF THE BARGAIN WR'S 

ITS TIME TO GET A REAL #1WR...AND HE HAPPENS TO BE ON SALE TOO

Sections
Shortcuts