End of Season Patriots Report Card-Do you agree?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

Re: End of Season Patriots Report Card-Do you agree?

I don't think anyone on the team should get an A+ because the deal wasn't sealed and the lombardi wasn't hoisted.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

apart for Vince Wilfork no one should get an A+ or even an A
    very good regular season but u have to reduce those grades atleast one notch below.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerjack. Show jerjack's posts

What question will be answered first: Why did Brady waltz down the field in the final stages of the game; letting the play clock dwindle and opt for the running game, not stopping the clock or WHO really assasinated Kennedy?
    And for those reasons, I would give the team and coaching staff an INCOMPLETE!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerice50. Show jerice50's posts

Kevin Faulk should be an Inc
    Too harsh on Brandon Tate
    Vollmer does not score lower than Light
    Mike Wright - Get well soon, you showed fire

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Seems you're grading on an awfully steep Bell-curve...  EX: Apparently you expected the world of Vollmer after his superb rookie outing, and considering he didn't make that exponential enough leap forward in his year #2, ya gave him a C+.  Same apparently holds true for BJGE...With Ellis far surpassing what we'd expect from him given his first couple of seasons, ya gave him the exact same grade as the League's MVP (A+)?  Finally, In NO way does Spikes get a C+, considering as only a Rookie, he shored up the 3-4 Strong Inside Linebacker spot, better than it's been shored up in anywhere from 5-upwards-of-7 years...flip Stephen Neal's B+ and Spikes's C+, and you're far closer to the truth...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

One needs to place himself at the beginning of the season and what his expectations were for this team.  I think Borges did that.  This team was suppose to fall flat and didn't.

I was hoping to get into the playoffs.  I believed the Pats were one draft away from being something to deal with.  This year far exceeded my expectations and put the Pats a year ahead on my schedule.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: End of Season Patriots Report Card-Do you agree?:
    One needs to place himself at the beginning of the season and what his expectations were for this team.  I think Borges did that.  This team was suppose to fall flat and didn't. I was hoping to get into the playoffs.  I believed the Pats were one draft away from being something to deal with.  This year far exceeded my expectations and put the Pats a year ahead on my schedule.   
    Posted by garytx

This team was a victim of its own success.  Not many had them doing much of anything, maybe squeaking into the playoffs.  Before the season started I thought this team was a year or two away and they managed to blow away my expectations.   Even after the season I wasn't sure they were a SB lock despite going 14-2, they had holes.  If they can hit in the next draft and supplement with a shrewd FA signing or two (Ricky Williams would be a start) then I think they're right back in the thick of it for the next few years.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Mostly ok, higher at LB maybe.  Few guys not getting enough credit.  But all in all, fine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: End of Season Patriots Report Card-Do you agree?:
    In Response to Re: End of Season Patriots Report Card-Do you agree? : This team was a victim of its own success.  Not many had them doing much of anything, maybe squeaking into the playoffs.  Before the season started I thought this team was a year or two away and they managed to blow away my expectations.   Even after the season I wasn't sure they were a SB lock despite going 14-2, they had holes.  If they can hit in the next draft and supplement with a shrewd FA signing or two (Ricky Williams would be a start) then I think they're right back in the thick of it for the next few years.   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

I felt pretty much the same way about the SB.  The team was just too young and the pass rush thing bothered me.

Sections
Shortcuts