End of the Buffalo Era

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

End of the Buffalo Era

For years now we've counted on Buffalo fielding a weak team, and being an easy 2 wins within the division.  I think that might be changing.  Buddy Nix seems to be drafting sensibly, and in prticular, I'm concerned that Shawn Merriman and Marcell Dareus might team up to be part of a good D.  It's only one preseason game, but...
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/14/bears-webb-i-didnt-match-merrimans-intensity/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: End of the Buffalo Era

In Response to End of the Buffalo Era:
    [QUOTE]For years now we've counted on Buffalo fielding a weak team, and being an easy 2 wins within the division.  I think that might be changing.  Buddy Nix seems to be drafting sensibly, and in prticular, I'm concerned that Shawn Merriman and Marcell Dareus might team up to be part of a good D.  It's only one preseason game, but... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/14/bears-webb-i-didnt-match-merrimans-intensity/
    Posted by USMCM1A1[/QUOTE]

They have had a decent defense, just no offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

right direction maybe, close to us, nope, not at all.  We have 3 better Qbs than they do for the long haul.  A better coach, more picks next year....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

They still have a few years to go before thye can be considered a top team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I think they are still 2 W's on the schedule, but by no means cakewalks anymore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to End of the Buffalo Era:
    [QUOTE]For years now we've counted on Buffalo fielding a weak team, and being an easy 2 wins within the division.  I think that might be changing.  Buddy Nix seems to be drafting sensibly, and in prticular, I'm concerned that Shawn Merriman and Marcell Dareus might team up to be part of a good D.  It's only one preseason game, but... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/14/bears-webb-i-didnt-match-merrimans-intensity/
    Posted by USMCM1A1[/QUOTE]

Doesn't it seem that every time they figure out their defense or offense, though, that the other half of the team falls apart?

Also, they aren't as bad as their record indicates ... they have to play a tough schedule ... NJ, NE, and Miami.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Merrimans health will last about as long as LT's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Merriman will probably do his "sack dance" during week 2 and then injure his hip from his years of steroids or whatever hormones he was taking.

As far as Darius, the kid is good. But, who does he have aroudn him to make him stand out? It's more likely that one of his teammate benifits from teams double teaming Darius than he is. Also, I think our second string offense is better than the Bills starting offense.

I give the Bills at least 2 years until they could seriously contend, and by that I mean actually have a chance at splitting their regular season matchups against the AFC East division.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

ty for creating such a misleading thread title.  hey at least you didnt creat a new thread about a subject that already has 3 topics on the first page tho

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Contend for the AFC East Diviion soon?  No.  Get good enough to split the series, to catch us on a week where they bring they're "A" game and we don't?  That's what I'm worried about.

I think Miami is headed to real nadir, but I can see Buffalo providing us a much stiffer challenge going forward.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Who's their QB?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Im sorry but this is the worst Oline in the league they just played against.

Who plays LB for them? Merriman and then who? Their QB is a journeyman, they lost Lee Evans, Oline is still a mess.

Good enough to split with this team? I just don't see it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: End of the Buffalo Era:
    [QUOTE]Who's their QB?
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Guess he's not a household name. I can't remember either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Ryan Fitzpatrick from Harvard is their QB

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

How many times have we beat them in a row? You should hear the way they view this team and this rivalry...we're like the plague to them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Buffalo will win 2 games this year, their only hope is to get the 1st pick in the draft and select Andrew Luck.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I can't agree.  And the loss of Evans will make them even more anaemic on offense (if that's possible).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

i can get 2 sacks against the backup bears O Line.  bills are not a threat, just another annoyance

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

buffy always is a tough division game inspite of the score/record...i think they will give the jests a run for their money for second place...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]buffy always is a tough division game inspite of the score/record...i think they will give the jests a run for their money for second place...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]
    Exactly. Not all of the games from the 15 game winning streak were easy.

2003 0-31  31-0
    2004 31-17 29-6
    2005 21-16 35-7
    2006 19-17 28-6
    2007 38-7  56-10
    2008 20-10 13-0
    2009 25-24 17-10
    2010 38-30 34-3

Well, I guess they do stink.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

I just don't see it , i mean what are you basing this on?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Buffalo is where the NFL has its version of the witness protection program.  They make talent disappear.  Fitzpatrick looked good last year, but he lost Lee Evans.  That window where we could count on wins included talents like Willis McGahee, Marshawn Lynch, Eric Moulds, Evans, Takeo Spikes, Lawyer Milloy, Drew Bledsoe, that DB who left, the best punter ever, Posluzny, and and and and and and and.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

darius will be very good, he had a sack the other night and merriman had 2. even though its just the preseason its a good bet that darius is the real deal. when merriman is healthy he is a sack machine but the patriots have always held their own against him... the bills should have a decent defense in particular the pass rush but they wont score much... maybe just enough to beat the jets and surely enough to beat the phins.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

[QUOTE]I just don't see it , i mean what are you basing this on?
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

Because under Buddy Nix, the strategy seems to be to build your roster through drafting good football players that will help build a team, not drafting glamour players, and not trying to sign big-name veterans.  I don't know that it will build them a champion anytime soon, but it seems a lot smarter route.  It seems to be smewhat similar to what they're doing in Detriot.

You know how you can count on some times (i.e. Oakland) to draft stupid each year?  I don't think Buffalo is in that category anymore.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

The Bills are up and coming? Never heard that before. At first I thought this thread might be about them moving to Toronto which is something you may see when Ralph Wilson dies. Not that I want to see him go since he's a class owner but he was born in 1918.