End of the Dynasty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from YogaFan. Show YogaFan's posts

End of the Dynasty

I think we have seen the end of the Unsinkable Patriots.

They have a mediocre to poor defense now, also a mediocre O-Line...let's just face it folks, I think we have now joined the ranks of the rest of the league...

How/When did it start?  When they didn't re-up Samuel...you NEED talent as well as coaching...you ca't just let the stars go and rebuild with jags (just another guy)

Let's hope BB learns that he needs to RESIGN WILFORK!  If not...we will be begging for mediocre!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: End of the Dynasty

It might be the end - I'm with holding judgment - of the dynasty.

I think it has to do with the $$$.

Mr Kraft stopped spending to the cap 3 years ago.  He promised he would and now he won't. 

But Patriot Place is beautiful. 

Always a bad sign when shopping malls are more important than linebackers.  When food courts take more of your time than drafting a decent RB or getting a RB for your offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Umm, it's f*cking week 2! In 2001 we were 0-2. In 2003 we were 1-1. The 2007 Giants were 0-2. 2002 Bucs? 1-1.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: End of the Dynasty:
    [QUOTE]It might be the end - I'm with holding judgment - of the dynasty. I think it has to do with the $$$. Mr Kraft stopped spending to the cap 3 years ago.  He promised he would and now he won't.  But Patriot Place is beautiful.  Always a bad sign when shopping malls are more important than linebackers.  When food courts take more of your time than drafting a decent RB or getting a RB for your offense.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Before the Seymour deal the Pats were less than $2 million below the cap. Should they have gone right up to it to eliminate any injury flexibility (read: backup QB). And I'm pretty sure that the football operations people don't have much to do with the food court--unless they eat lunch there.

Yeah, Kraft stinks all right. What has he ever done for New England besides create an amazing stadium and win three Lombardis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from All4Indiana. Show All4Indiana's posts

I think you are right - it's over.  The Pats may finish 3rd in the division this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I didn't say Kraft stinks.  It is simply a fact that they stopped spending to the cap a few years ago.  Last year - way way below.  This year way below as well.

So that will translate in the off season is what you hope.  But instead they cut more salary this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

A little soon don't ya think? I would at least let the team respond to this loss before saying it is over. If they lose to the Falcons like this (No Offense or Special teams) then this year is in trouble. Maybe BB needs Dick Butkis (sp?) to motivate these guys.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Stop telling this team they're great!  Let them earn it all, like the teams of the past.  This (current) team has done NOTHING!  They have played four- count them- pre-season games; two regular season games.  The race is on and the Pats have looked HORRIBLE in the past two games.  Forget the fact that they lucked out last week- they played from behind ALL game!

As I stated last week, they do not finish drives; the defense is bad.  Today, they let a rookie QB show them up.  They will not be able to trade 3-for7 against the better teams in the league.  Perhaps, they need to get shown up a few times?  Of course, this might put them out of contention.

Honestly, I wouldn't put all/most of the money (e.g. Brady) in one basket.  It will surely lead to an unbalanced team that will look just as bad when 1/4-1/3 of the team's salary does not perform.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

This team will be great, you honestly think the jets are going to run away with it. NO WAY!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't say Kraft stinks.  It is simply a fact that they stopped spending to the cap a few years ago.  Last year - way way below.  This year way below as well. So that will translate in the off season is what you hope.  But instead they cut more salary this year.

So why bring up Patriot Place at all? Is it a compliment to the owner? He should just sell the team to Victor Kiam. I really enjoyed those 2-14 seasons.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Yogafool and shumpeater's ghots are both idiots.....

The defense gave up 17 and 16 points in the first 2 games.....

Patriots place has nothing to do with the team's struggles....

The offense is still not clicking.....it needs some time to get Brady back to 100%.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: End of the Dynasty : So why bring up Patriot Place at all? Is it a compliment to the owner? He should just sell the team to Victor Kiam. I really enjoyed those 2-14 seasons.
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]

I hated the 2-14 seasons - are those my only choices?

Either I accept the reduced (massively reduced) investment in players by the patriots or I can have Victor Kiam and 2-14 teams?

Couldn't I just have the level of investment that Mr Kraft promised?

I bring up Patriot place because I see massive investment in parts of the Patriot Enterprise that have nothing to do with LBs and RBs.

I wonder if it is related?  Maybe Kraft has over-extended his investments in real estate and construction and is now cutting player pay-roll?

How else do you explain a team in 2008 having the 4th lowest LOWEST payroll (didn't make post-season) - and then not spending a dime, but actually cutting payroll in 2009.  CUTTING when they need to be spending more.

Doesn't that have you wondering at all?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bucksy. Show bucksy's posts

Kraft - Stop being cheap and retain good players and spend on getting better players if you want to keep winning Lombardy trophy's. 

Broncos destroyed Ratgini today!  GO Josh McDaniels! 

Prediction for next week:

Falcons: 21 Patriots: 28 TB will redeem himself after today. 

Did I hear the Jets Fans screaming "Brady S_cks"?  What a bunch of classless losers like their overstuffed coach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to End of the Dynasty:
    [QUOTE]I think we have seen the end of the Unsinkable Patriots. They have a mediocre to poor defense now, also a mediocre O-Line...let's just face it folks, I think we have now joined the ranks of the rest of the league... How/When did it start?  When they didn't re-up Samuel...you NEED talent as well as coaching...you ca't just let the stars go and rebuild with jags (just another guy) Let's hope BB learns that he needs to RESIGN WILFORK!  If not...we will be begging for mediocre!
    Posted by YogaFan[/QUOTE]

There has been way too much BB ball-licking the last few years. Let's face it... he lets guys go to free agency or trade....trades down for multiple mediocre picks instead of trading up to get excellent impact players in the draft. And the media and us hypnotically say "In Bill We Trust." Look at our opponent today..... Revis, Harris, Keller, Sanchez, Jones were all acquired with trade-ups in the draft. And Leon Washington was the result of trading Herm Edwards to the Chiefs. We passed on so many excellent players who would have kept us in premier position in exchange for future draft choices. It does not change overnight in either direction, but it looks like we are passing ships in the night right now with the JESTS (even at QB, they have a lot to look forward to, we are reminiscing). Sorry, I have said this all off season (the Vrabel/Cassel for Patrick Chung trade was a fiasco), and you guys all rip me a new one. Truth is truth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MudCityManglers. Show MudCityManglers's posts

No matter what anyone's opinion is, you have to look at the facts about what Kraft is doing. The truth is he is a business man first and only. He has his Stadium and his Malls and Season Tickets sold out, He built a wonderful system that did one thing, brought in the fans and mroe moeny to do these things, but in the last 2 years the spending for top notch players doesnt exist, and those with High Saleries are either cut, traded, or have their contracts reconfugured, like Brady taking less money, and Bruschi doing the same with his own negotiations.
    The taking of older players that were great was good for quick fixes but lets get real here, Galloway is a wash and done, cut him. Look at Maroney, other teams would have cut him 2 years ago. Matt Light? For 3 years I have watched him get beat every which way and Brady pay the price for it. This is a team in decline, and without the owner stepping up and getting Real Players that can play, it will continue to decline.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: End of the Dynasty : I hated the 2-14 seasons - are those my only choices? Either I accept the reduced (massively reduced) investment in players by the patriots or I can have Victor Kiam and 2-14 teams? Couldn't I just have the level of investment that Mr Kraft promised? I bring up Patriot place because I see massive investment in parts of the Patriot Enterprise that have nothing to do with LBs and RBs. I wonder if it is related?  Maybe Kraft has over-extended his investments in real estate and construction and is now cutting player pay-roll? How else do you explain a team in 2008 having the 4th lowest LOWEST payroll (didn't make post-season) - and then not spending a dime, but actually cutting payroll in 2009.  CUTTING when they need to be spending more. Doesn't that have you wondering at all?

Yep...sure does. The opposition goes after Faneca and Pace last year...Scott and Leonard this year. What do we seek? Old bargain-basement "veteran" washed ups like Springs, Taylor Smith (cut), and Galloway. The only impact guy we get in the last 3 years has had little impact----Adalius. BB is not a personnel guy. He should keep to coaching only.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HiLeon. Show HiLeon's posts

LOL at what used to be the NE fan base!See ya the next time the pats start winning again.Probably after Brady gets released and BB gets fired!

LOL-Oh how I love to hate you people!LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I think we have seen the end of the Unsinkable Patriots. They have a mediocre to poor defense now, also a mediocre O-Line...let's just face it folks, I think we have now joined the ranks of the rest of the league... How/When did it start?  When they didn't re-up Samuel...you NEED talent as well as coaching...you ca't just let the stars go and rebuild with jags (just another guy) Let's hope BB learns that he needs to RESIGN WILFORK!  If not...we will be begging for mediocre!

IMHO, the Patriots peaked in mid 2007. It's not "over" - but the time window of opportunity is closing quickly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Please tell me that most of you are trolls. What kind of fans are you clowns? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

This forum is TROLL central!!!
    There is no way that most of you dopes are really Patriots fans.
    As some of the non football-retarded pointed out, it's ONLY week 2.

It's embarrassing that some of you actually call yourselves Pats fans. Don't sprain your ankles jumping off the bandwagon... clowns.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Troll here.  I agree with the guy who said the Pats peaked in mid-2007.  There were at least 3 or 4 games in the second half of 2007 that the Pats were outplayed, but still pulled off a victory.  Philly, Indy, and NYG jump to mind, and there was also a last second win over Baltimore.  The sign of a good team is finding a way to win some of those games where you didn't have your best stuff, but the team wasn't dominating in the second half of 2007...

Personally, I think the Pats could pull things together and maybe even make the play-offs this year, but that D needs a lot of work.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimKe. Show JimKe's posts

The good teams built during the Holovak, Fairbanks, Berry, and Parcells
    eras began to fall apart as good players left and were replaced with
    inferior players.  This is happening to the Patriots especially on defense.
    The 2006, 2007, and 2008 drafts did not produce enough quality starters
    and the Patriots have been forced to make trades or sign free agents.
    A lot of their acquisitions have not panned out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pmen39. Show Pmen39's posts

holy cow you guys are idiots.  The team lost a game.  Its only the 2nd week.  Did you forget that TB hasnt played in a YEAR??  They all need to get in sync.. it doesnt happen in a couple of pre-season and regular games.  Lets see how the team is doing in November.  I will laugh at you, because you gave up in September!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from YogaFan. Show YogaFan's posts

[QUOTE]Yogafool and shumpeater's ghots are both idiots..... The defense gave up 17 and 16 points in the first 2 games..... Patriots place has nothing to do with the team's struggles.... The offense is still not clicking.....it needs some time to get Brady back to 100%.
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]
     m1020us...nice play on my screen name...love your ability to play on words...just remember something, when looking at a situation, look at the ENITRE picture, just a thought for the day.

1 thing you are missing in this picture...they gave up 17 to the Buffalo Bills - M. Lynch

another thing you are missing...a rookie QB in his second game had his way with this secondary in the 2nd half

another thing...Brady and company didn't score a TD yesterday...against the Jets...

Question:  What will they do vs Baltimore, Indy, and Pittsburgh ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from George444. Show George444's posts

[QUOTE]Kraft - Stop being cheap and retain good players and spend on getting better players if you want to keep winning Lombardy trophy's.  Broncos destroyed Ratgini today!  GO Josh McDaniels!  Prediction for next week: Falcons: 21 Patriots: 28 TB will redeem himself after today.  Did I hear the Jets Fans screaming "Brady S_cks"?  What a bunch of classless losers like their overstuffed coach.
    Posted by bucksy[/QUOTE]

"....bunch of classless losers". True, I live in NY and the Jets fans, like the Mets fans are, in general a classless bunch. However, you are seriously mistaken if you think  that makes any difference in that the Pats are o and 2 and the Jets are 2 and O. The Pats are clearly not the team they once were.
    Like the Red Sox, they are no longer champions, both having lost LAST YEAR, and both out of first place this year.

Sections
Shortcuts