End of the game play calling?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

End of the game play calling?

We have the ball with 20+ seconds to go. We get lucky and it's 2nd a 5 because of Miami penalty.

Now Josh overthinks everything and keeps forcing the ball towards the end zone. When you have the chance for a quick pass to the sidelines to pick up the 1st down and still get out of out of bounds for the first down why not give yourself that opportunity?

All we did is try the same stupid pass 4 times! We don't have the personnel for that, why is that so hard to understand?!

not to mention the awful play calling in th RedZone earlier when we abandoned the run....FIRE McDaniels!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: End of the game play calling?

Not a fan of McD's play calling all season. Mediocre at best.  Would love to see him go sooner rather than later. Think we're stuck with him for at least the rest of this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to PatsGetScrewedFinally's comment:

In response to freediro's comment:

We have the ball with 20+ seconds to go. We get lucky and it's 2nd a 5 because of Miami penalty.

Now Josh overthinks everything and keeps forcing the ball towards the end zone. When you have the chance for a quick pass to the sidelines to pick up the 1st down and still get out of out of bounds for the first down why not give yourself that opportunity?

All we did is try the same stupid pass 4 times! We don't have the personnel for that, why is that so hard to understand?!

not to mention the awful play calling in th RedZone earlier when we abandoned the run....FIRE McDaniels!

Your non-understanding of NFL football is why you flip hamburgers for a living.  They couldn't take a chance on running the ball or throwing it anymore else but the endzone because they had no timeouts.  They did the right thing and for once the refs don't bail them out.  You don't have the personal to win without Gronk!

I see your own shortcomings are projected onto others.

back to football now, I didn't want them to run it there. But if you are going to try little soft passes like that and your entire office is predicated on short dink and dunk passes down field, why would it be so hard to all of a sudden throw a short 6 yard pass to give yourself more downs?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

Your non-understanding of NFL football is why you flip hamburgers for a living.  They couldn't take a chance on running the ball or throwing it anymore else but the endzone because they had no timeouts.  They did the right thing and for once the refs don't bail them out.  You don't have the personal to win without Gronk!

ummm, didn't they win early games without Gronk? Just sayin......

Why bother with a Troll? They will come out of the shadows with this loss. No team of their own to find  fan board and post something useful. Screwed has nothing to offer on this board. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

When a team goes 5 -  not 1, but 5 straight games in a row to the last play, it's not last minute play calling; it's everything that happened in the 59 minutes before that

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Honestly, at times, I'd rather them have the ball a little farther from the  goal line.

No true red zone threat that can really win a jump ball. 14 yard line or wherever they were was fine for me...gives the shifty receivers a chance to get separation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

With the lack of timeouts the Pats couldn't afford to throw it to the middle. I think they were better off where they were then be on the 6 or 7. They were not going to run it. The 3rd down play had to be fast to guarantee the 4th down play. They don't have the height for the corner catches like Gronk and Moss have. Amendola probably should have caught that one thrown to him. The offsides penalty actually helped the Dolphins because it killed precious clock without getting a first down and It helped eliminate the middle of the field and I thought Edleman or Vereen across the middle with YAC was their best chance to score at that point. I'm not sure what Brady saw in the Collie pass even without the INT he did not look open.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from manowar333. Show manowar333's posts

I didn't have a big issue with the final drive...  I've got a much bigger issue with the play calling on the series that they settled for the FG on... 3'rd and 2...   refusal to run just drives me crazy, especially after Blount had just gouged them for 8 yards.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Ya it was frustrating for sure but I'll tell you where the game got out of control. We stop running Blount, don't allow Ridley a few more touches, and start taking forever to look downfield allowing Brady to be ducking for his life. The O goes into a shell, almost like sitting on our 10 points? We get 3 series with nothing while Miami gets a TD, FG and a TD for 17 unanswered.

I just had the feeling at that point that that sequence was bad juju and I believe that's where the wheels came off the wagon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Quit gloating.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Ya it was frustrating for sure but I'll tell you where the game got out of control. We stop running Blount, don't allow Ridley a few more touches, and start taking forever to look downfield allowing Brady to be ducking for his life. The O goes into a shell, almost like sitting on our 10 points? We get 3 series with nothing while Miami gets a TD, FG and a TD for 17 unanswered.

I just had the feeling at that point that that sequence was bad juju and I believe that's where the wheels came off the wagon.

And that would be McD's brilliant playcalls.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

About time the luckiest team in football luck ran out.. Now time to blame calls at end of game ? Like all the calls in the last few weeks that went Pats way were all the right calls. Crying time in Boston.... Grow up !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

The NFL has what they want.  Peyton and the Broncos home field advantage.  There is no way the second intference in the end zone goes uncalled 99 out of 100 times.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:

The NFL has what they want.  Peyton and the Broncos home field advantage.  There is no way the second intference in the end zone goes uncalled 99 out of 100 times.

Nope, contact but not involved in the outcome, good non-calls.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

About time the luckiest team in football luck ran out.. Now time to blame calls at end of game ? Like all the calls in the last few weeks that went Pats way were all the right calls. Crying time in Boston.... Grow up !!!

No offense, but I haven't seen you around here much at all. I have been on McDaniels about this all year and even the previous few years. It's just getting worse as our good players leave or get injured. I always note when there is a good play, but there haven't been many, especially the past 5 games.

Please don't confuse frustration and my willingness to critique and discuss this teams consistent shortcomings as "crying." 

Sections
Shortcuts