Ending the case on Moss "dogging it"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Ending the case on Moss "dogging it"

I know most of you agree, but I figure you'd be interested to see this stuff anyway.

I saw this post on the Pats blog here on Boston.com:

It led me here:

( And it's apparent I've been living under a rock because this Belichick breakdown piece is the greatest thing since white sliced bread for me.  22-wide!!!!!  Plus Belichick's brilliance breaking down plays!!!!!  Aaaaaaarrrghhhhhh!!! )

Anyhow
    Go to 2:35 and watch Moss take two safeties and a cornerback by SPRINTING upfield.  It's what got Watson open.  Even before the play started, it was clear that the safety on Moss' side was directly over him, and then he drew the safety from the far side of the field.

Also note how deep the safeties play ON EVERY PLAY.  They're 17 yards upfield and have already essentially surrendered the 10 yard space between themselves and the linebackers.  This isn't normal - Moss causes this.

If you have a TiVo, go back and see if you can spot any play with an out route to Moss's side.  Chances are he either cleared coverage out by running or by literally driving hard into the defender (like Sammy Morris' drop after his fumble, where Moss run blocks before the pass is thrown and does a good job).  He also was blocking hard on a lot of run plays.

Chris Carter is a media analyst.  Of course he was going to be critical.  And Rice is just worried that Moss might break his records.

I hope this settles it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from weall4pats. Show weall4pats's posts

Re: Ending the case on Moss "dogging it"

Bottom line is he is a head case wherever he goes.  This time will be no different.  THOSE WHO DON'T LEARN HISTORY WILL SOON REPEAT IT

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Ending the case on Moss "dogging it":
    Bottom line is he is a head case wherever he goes.  This time will be no different.  THOSE WHO DON'T LEARN HISTORY WILL SOON REPEAT IT
    Posted by weall4pats

I don't recall giving you permission to use my picture as your avatar?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

yea i've been watching the breakdown since the jets game when BB showed how much coverage the jets put on randy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

In Response to Ending the case on Moss "dogging it":
    I know most of you agree, but I figure you'd be interested to see this stuff anyway. I saw this post on the Pats blog here on Boston.com: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2009/12/belichick_break_6.html It led me here: http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=videonewsdetail&pid=40985&pcid=161 ( And it's apparent I've been living under a rock because this Belichick breakdown piece is the greatest thing since white sliced bread for me.  22-wide!!!!!  Plus Belichick's brilliance breaking down plays!!!!!  Aaaaaaarrrghhhhhh!!! ) Anyhow Go to 2:35 and watch Moss take two safeties and a cornerback by SPRINTING upfield.  It's what got Watson open.  Even before the play started, it was clear that the safety on Moss' side was directly over him, and then he drew the safety from the far side of the field. Also note how deep the safeties play ON EVERY PLAY .  They're 17 yards upfield and have already essentially surrendered the 10 yard space between themselves and the linebackers.  This isn't normal - Moss causes this. If you have a TiVo, go back and see if you can spot any play with an out route to Moss's side.  Chances are he either cleared coverage out by running or by literally driving hard into the defender (like Sammy Morris' drop after his fumble, where Moss run blocks before the pass is thrown and does a good job).  He also was blocking hard on a lot of run plays. Chris Carter is a media analyst.  Of course he was going to be critical.  And Rice is just worried that Moss might break his records. I hope this settles it.
    Posted by NickC1188

saw the film, u r 100% correct sir. moss is the man. i see y belichick, brady and others who actuallt know football and watch film in detail all are coming to the same conclusion. the guy is a fighter. every so often on plays to HIM because he is so often fightg agains double and triple teams and becuase of misterpretation of coverages with the qb (like on bradys INT against carloina), he may appear to be dogging it but he is not. he may not always appear to be maximizing effort but that doesnt make him lazy or that he is dogging it. u think matt light or vollmer are going at it 100 percent of the time esp when the play is going completely to the other direction or if its going to b a screen where u are supposed to bait the defender? give me a break. moss has had issues elsewhere mostly because idiotss in MN and even OAk start talkg smack about which they have no clue and incite more idiotss to turn on him. he is perfect for what we want out of him. i hope he is here next year and for the rest of his career. plus he is playg hurt. idoubt if his back has had enough time to heal. likely a herniated disk thing that would need offseasn surgery!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

And the missed and dropped catches? oooops right through the hands- part of the master plan? Let's show Randy has lost a step- and teams will forget about him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=mikeandmike

if ron jaworski said moss wasn't doggin it, its true cause jaws is a notorious moss basher

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: Ending the case on Moss "dogging it":
    And the missed and dropped catches? oooops right through the hands- part of the master plan? Let's show Randy has lost a step- and teams will forget about him?
    Posted by darwk

A player can't have a bad day?  Other receivers don't drop passes?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

Wow, you mean Moss actually SPRINTED on a play!  He should get a little star on his helmet for that.

The funniest part of your thread is where you quote, "Chris Carter is a media analyst.  Of course he was going to be critical.  And Rice is just worried that Moss might break his records".  No dude, both of those guys are hall of fame WR's, one of whom PLAYED with Moss. 

Sorry, but I'm sure Rice is quite content with his 4 superbowl rings and his rock solid place as the best WR in the history of the NFL, in the best player in its history period.  How many SB MVP's did Moss have again?  I forgot.  How many TD's did he score in his total NFC Championchip games?  I forgot.  I think the answer to both questions is ZERO.  Rice holds how many records again?  And god knows how far ahead of the pace he would have set those records if he hadn't blown out his knee while he was still in the prime of his career.
    This guy is not even on the same planet as Rice, so please give it up.  He is a stat hound, period.  As far as I can tell, he hasn't helped ONE team win any title.  Hell, he couldn't even help a 16-0 team that may have been the most talented team in history win.

If YOU have a Tevo, go back and watch his eyes look straight up in fear at a DB and the insuing drop that followed.  Watch his pathetic effort to break up an INT.  Yay, yay, he actually ran on a couple deep routes.

Give me a break.  The guy is paid to run routes.  What a joke of a thread. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

P.S.

Did you actually expect his teammates and coach to come out and verbally criticize him in the media???  As if their defense of him validates his play.

Go check what Romo, Whitten, and J. Jones said about T.O just before last season ended.  They defended HIM too.  That's what is expected of your teammates, if nothing else so the team doesn't implode.

Remind me where T.O is playing again, would you??

Sections
Shortcuts