Enough about bad refs...We have stunk!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Enough about bad refs...We have stunk!

Huge Pats fan here...i have to say...please enough the bad refs...they sucked for both teams...We also stunk! There was zero pressure by our d line ...Flacco just sat in the pocket n fired downfield all night...dbs looked lost on a few plays...McCourty dropped 1 key int that would have made all the difference.  Im not seeing fire in the defenses eyes...I hope we can right our ship. In BB i trust!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Enough about bad refs...We have stunk!

Thank you! The refs sucked, but the Patriots D sucked more. I looked at the box score and the Patriots were not credited with a single QB hit on Flacco. ZERO. That is bad. The Ravens averaged 7.7 yards per offensive play. That is some bad defensive football. 

All that said, we are three game into the season, and the Patriots lost the last two games on a missed FG and a nearly missed FG. I would still be surprised if the do not win the AFC East and end up in the AFC championship game. They may not get the bye at this point, but they can certainly overcome that.

The replacement refs are terrible, but they are terrible for everyone. They still have to play better than that display on defense last night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Defense seemed just fine up to that out of bounds first down stetch..with a lousy measurement call...that awarded the Ravens a first down and kept a drive alive for a TD. Somebody explain how that was a fair call.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Rusty what are you smoking this morning?  Give me some.  The Defense was terrible last night.  I believe the Ravens had 4 (maybe 5) scoring drives of over 80 yards.  The D let them go right down the field at the end yet you say "the D held off what is a very good offense".  Over 500 yards given up is "held off".  They couldnt stop the run or the pass.  Give me a break.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fessin. Show fessin's posts

The Pats lost because the Ravens made more plays when it counted then the Pats, that's the bottem line.  That being said, I don't think I can watch anymore NFL games until they get the regular refs back.  The game is unwatchable now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

For the most part, we as Pats fans, have been spoiled with greatness for the last decade. Now that Pats may not be as good as they have been, people are shocked and disappointed. Well, that's just the way it is, the way sports are, and we all have to get over it.

Go Pats!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Pats are one of the younger teams in the NFL. They have played argueably the toughest team in the AFC on the road, and the hottest team in the NFC. I understand the "you are what you are" mentality, but this team coulda/shoulda be 3-0.

They "should still go 5-1 or 6-0 against the division, unless injury, fatigue or looking past an opponant happens.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:

For the most part, we as Pats fans, have been spoiled with greatness for the last decade. Now that Pats may not be as good as they have been, people are shocked and disappointed. Well, that's just the way it is, the way sports are, and we all have to get over it.

Go Pats!

The Pats are not as good and have not been as good, hence the 2 Super Bowl losses to the same team. The Pats have loss some fire, or desire or something. And your are right, you can't remain on top forever. But boy they just don't get after the QBs ever. That is a problem. I would rather see failure getting after the QBs then letting him just rack up yard after yard. Flacco was never in a rush last night. They did not even record a sack or perhaps even a knockdown. I think we as fans are just looking for the effort, and it has been lackluster at best thus far.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportstalk. Show sportstalk's posts

Patriots will think about this one all season long.  I predict Pats will meet (& dispose of) Ravens in AFC Cahampionship & advance to the Super Bowl to meet....the Arizona Cardinals.

Haha just kidding....but it would be sweet :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to fessin's comment:

The Pats lost because the Ravens made more plays when it counted then the Pats, that's the bottem line.  That being said, I don't think I can watch anymore NFL games until they get the regular refs back.  The game is unwatchable now.

all teams are getting hosed with these refs. anyone claiming that NE is being "singled out" especially by Goodell with his former Jets affiliation is a whiny little beyotch that can't face reality. In the next game when NE gets some blatently bad calls made their way and they win, the whiny little beyotches will have nothing to say

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Nrady put up 30 points ...defense allowed 31...we  stunk! Not insulting anyone by stating the truth...How many big games has Brady put us in a position to win only to have defense fall apart at the end of these games? our philosophy might need change...i love BB but offense wins games...defense wins championships!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Brady put up 30....damn auto spell

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to user_4413295's comment:

Nrady put up 30 points ...defense allowed 31...we  stunk! Not insulting anyone by stating the truth...How many big games has Brady put us in a position to win only to have defense fall apart at the end of these games? our philosophy might need change...i love BB but offense wins games...defense wins championships!

Agree 100%. How many more excusus are we going to give this young and exciting defense? It's been going on for three years now. Chung is in his 4th season and he looks as lost in coverage as the day he got here. Arrington can't turn his hips and run with receivers...wouldn't be a problem if he was a chef, but kind of a job requirement as a defensive back in the NFL. McCourty is a disaster waiting to happen. Dowling was almost a first round pick and he is all but invisible. I've seen this guy Gregory run badly by receivers 4 times in two weeks. Safeties don't do that, at least good ones.

We made Flacco look like John Elway last night. Nothing good about that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Brady put up 30 points ? At least 7 was because of the defense, the interception. You guys are brutal... How well did the ravens defense play? Do you think that some of it may have been the refs keeping drives alive for both teams??? This is a very young defense and they will be very good by seasons end. I think mccourty played badly and is getting targeted by these teams. He has to play better or be replaced. I'm not putting the rest of the guys in that category though

75 percent of this board are bandwagon fans! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

I love how the Pats outplayed the Ravens on national tv and the refs completely ruined this game and somehow the Pats "stunk".

I had this circled as a loss on the road when the schedule came out, but to say NE didn't play a solid, clean road game is ridiculous.

We should be talking about a victory right now and the way the D held off what is a very good offense on the road. 

Pathetic.

"The way the D held off"? Held off what 45 points 600 yds in total offense...Perhaps the defense held off Flacco from bringing his recliner to midfield with his insanely large tv...Can someone please explain to me what it was that the D held?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

Brady put up 30 points ? At least 7 was because of the defense, the interception. You guys are brutal... How well did the ravens defense play? Do you think that some of it may have been the refs keeping drives alive for both teams??? This is a very young defense and they will be very good by seasons end. I think mccourty played badly and is getting targeted by these teams. He has to play better or be replaced. I'm not putting the rest of the guys in that category though

I know it was just one game, but I'm having a hard time finding one thing the defense did last night that was good...the interception? Ok, there's one. Other than that they couldn't stop the underneath passes. They couldn't stop the deep passes. They couldn't stop the run. They couldn't get within shouting distance of the quarterback. This was Joe Flacco we were facing...how many weapons does he have to throw to...two? They put up 500 yards of offense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

They didn't stink. They sure could have played better. But many more bogus calls hurt them than the Ravens. Yeah, if they played great it wouldn't have mattered.

I'm not going to go into any big defense of the D, but, too many key calls kept them on the field when they otherwise would have done the job.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

What else do you want?

A secondary that can cover in man to man or zone when needed.

An OL that can protect Brady and create holes for the RBs

Unpredictable play calling on both sides of the ball.

Just those 3 things would be fine.....lol

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaychis. Show jaychis's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

The defence is not very good and hasn't been for several years. We have a fairly easy schedule in the AFC east. In all honesty we were lucky to make it to the SB. The defence was exposed once the playoffs came around and teams are figuring out if you can pressure and hit Brady, he will struggle. The Ravens were able to do this in the 4th quarter. Brady struggled with just 41 yards and a 35.7 QBR in the fourth quarter while Flacco had a QBR of 99.1. Brady has no choice but to pass 40 times every game. What are they going to do, give the ball to Woodhead 15-20 times a game so he can build on that 2.3 yards per carry.

McCourty was one of the worst defensive backs in the league last season (he gave up over 1000 reception yards). The issue is the defence is easy to read (the Ravens figured it out after the first quarter). The Ravens knew what set-up to run on and what set-up to pass on and they did it well. The Ravens are a shell of what they were. Their defence (Rice included) are no where near what they were a season or two ago. If anyone looks at the stats, the proof is in the print. How I rate it is the Ravens have an average defence with a slightly above average offence. Flacco is only a average to slightly above average QB. The real test will be the Texans. They have a solid package. The Pats should end up with a 13-3 or 12-4 season, provided everyone else continues to play the way they are. A healthy Bills team could give the D a hard time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In response to user_4413295's comment:

You could make an argument the Offense let the team down. As I recall the d made a huge stop on 4th down when the Ravens decided to go for it. I personally thought Brady would march the Pats down the field and end the game.

Either you blame it on the O or the play calling. Personally, I blame the loss on the play calling. I can't dream up a reason why on earth Woodhead should get more caries than Ridley. Or why we need to put more focus on Edelman over Welker or Gronkowisky. We should be putting the ball in the hands of our most talented players, but it's like Mcdaniels needs to impress us all with his bag of trick plays.

So no I don't blame the loss on the D. was the D perfect, of course not. They were far from that, but the O should be able to grind the clock down at the end of the game and put the game away. 
    I think we may even have the personnell to accomplish it now, but Mcdaniels needs to put the focus on himself.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

can we consult with seattle on how to build a secondary...geez...all 4 dbs tall physical cover well and hit hard...very impressive....put their secondary in NE ..we would be invincible...maybe not invincible...but wow

Sections
Shortcuts