Enough with the Patriot for a day.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Enough with the Patriot for a day.

Every ex- Patriots wants to retire a Patriot. That's fine. I understand that. Many of those guys got the the super bowl as a Patriot and their finest memories where here. I get that. But more than a few of those guys left for monetary reasons including Law, and even for guys that didn't like Vrabel, I just don't think it's a good idea. (I'm not saying Vrabel wants to retire a Pat but he probably has a legit argument since he didn't want to leave but the Pats did him a favor for the most part) You retire where you retire. You get old and a team releases you. That's what happens. Only a couple of guys get the honor of playing their whole career here and they don't linger for a couple of bucks somewhere else. They also more often than not work with the team on their salary. They retire when it's time to retire and they get the honor. 

Law is a guy who could be considered for the Pats hall of fame so he can shoot for that. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Re: Enough with the Patriot for a day.

That's why I said no way to Parcells for HOF and Bledsoe as well. Both left to pursue other teams and opportunities.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Bledsloe got traded to Buff. He Didn't want to leave if you ask me. They just won the Superbowl. I bet he welcomed the chance to win his job back. The coin cost him his job, Brady was still on the cheap. I've never thought of Law the same after the feeding my family quote. He's a Pat as far as I'm concerned. His pick 6 in the SB earned that.

I wonder how much of a signing bonus he'll want? Gotta pay the familys college ya know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Law should be allowed to retire as a Patriot...SCREW Parcells!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I have no issue whatsoever with Law being signed for a day so as to retire a Patriot.

He didn't hold out or somehow not honor his contract. He did call BB a liar, but pfffft, it's probably true.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

I find it funny..Ty left because we wanted to break the bank again...Called Belichick a liar...now he want to end it here...Law was one of the few who could have been here for his whole career..and he turned into a journeyman after he left..60maxpowero.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

In Response to Enough with the Patriot for a day.:
    [QUOTE]Every ex- Patriots wants to retire a Patriot. That's fine. I understand that. Many of those guys got the the super bowl as a Patriot and their finest memories where here. I get that. But more than a few of those guys left for monetary reasons including Law, and even for guys that didn't like Vrabel, I just don't think it's a good idea. (I'm not saying Vrabel wants to retire a Pat but he probably has a legit argument since he didn't want to leave but the Pats did him a favor for the most part) You retire where you retire. You get old and a team releases you. That's what happens. Only a couple of guys get the honor of playing their whole career here and they don't linger for a couple of bucks somewhere else. They also more often than not work with the team on their salary. They retire when it's time to retire and they get the honor.  Law is a guy who could be considered for the Pats hall of fame so he can shoot for that. 
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

Law didnt leave for money, he because he was released from the Pats.   He was due like 12.5 million on the cap and the Pats couldnt affford that number for 1 player at the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Enough with the Patriot for a day.:
    [QUOTE]That's why I said no way to Parcells for HOF and Bledsoe as well. Both left to pursue other teams and opportunities.
    Posted by Harleyroadking-11[/QUOTE]

Bledsoe was traded to Buffalo.  I really doubt he wanted to leave NE for Buffalo. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]That's why I said no way to Parcells for HOF and Bledsoe as well. Both left to pursue other teams and opportunities.

parcells i get that for sure... he dont desreve squat but bledsoe was traded which was out of his control

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

The organization traded him because they had a better QB to use (Brady). Bledsoe was a headstrong QB that did things that pissed off his coaches, he was to slow in his reads, why do you think BB traded him to Buffalo? because he knew he could beat every time. HOFers don't get traded to a team in your own division.

*as far as Parcells goes he can eat sh!t and die

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I don't mind Bledsoe he busted his butt till he was traded, but the others who left for selfish resaons I do.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't know where Parcells came from.  I'm sure he'd rather be remembered on the Giants. 

If they want to retire a Pat, then great.  Guys move all over the place for different reasons.  If some guy leaves for more money I don't blame them, it's not personal.  The Pats could match that money, but if they choose not to then it's like saying "sorry but we don't want you."  Branch took his deal, Pats didn't think he was worth the money (and as it turns out he wasn't), the Pats and Branch didn't take it personal, when the market brought his money back down to what the Pats would pay he came back no hard feelings except from some fans.

Any player will be a part of any team for the right money (Jason Taylor), but you never really get to find out which team they actually liked until they want to retire.  It's good so many players want to be remembered a Patriot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Bledsoe was traded after some guy named Tom Brady won a Super Bowl and took his job.  Bledsoe belongs.  Not Parcells

Sections
Shortcuts