Era of the TE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Era of the TE

The new look of the era of the TE may have just shown itself. The current look of the depth chart on the offensive skill players is showing something different. We currently have only three vet WR's on the roster and virtually no chance to add to that(both Edelman and Slater thus far have shone little more than their ST value) . On the other hand we currently have Seven TE's on the roster with a vary real possibility of keeping four, with the reality that AH who just got locked up LONG term as was Gronk can be considered a very real threat as a receiver. Fell also has a real shot of being a good contributer, and Ballard still has a good chance of coming off pup and contributing around mid November. Until that point we have a vet in Shiancoe and Silvestro who has a very real chance of making the team, as I feel he has impressed with the chances he has had. Also the versatility he has with his history at DE. Do not forget BB activated him for the SB last year so their must be a sense of respect from BB and that does not come easily.

There is a good possibility we go into this season with Gronk,AH,Fells,and one of Shiancoe or Silvestro. My money being on Silvestro.

There is also a good possibility we start the season with only three true receiver's, Lloyd,Welker, and Branch. Branch being the actual 5th receiver with the Gronk and AH connection.

All this does not even account for the receiving threat coming from the back field with our RB's that can also line up as receiver's or out of the backfield.

The potential combinations of blocking schemes,and receiver combinations are countless.  I have a feeling we will see the unveiling of a new hybrid offence that may make the spread obsolete and still function in the hurry up. Always having the option to have the defence in the wrong man combinations.

What about coming out Gronk,AH,Fells,and Ballard(late season) and either Riddley or Woodhead. How do you defend that power package when there is the threat of at least 3 may be four releasing into a pattern???

THIS COULD GET REAL INTERESTING!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Era of the TE

I don't really think it's a new idea....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: Era of the TE:
    [QUOTE]I don't really think it's a new idea....
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

Please help me... Who and when  was a four TE, one RB set set run out of the hurry up with a potential for four receivers????

How about who ever carried 4 active TE's on the game day roster???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Good Post PT!

Good pulling guards are rare nowadays, I think. The blocking tight ends are a virtual solution now with Demps and Vereen with blinding speed to the edges.

And we have the very rare QB that can do all that you suggest to execute. Your thinking like Josh .... IMO. That Opening Day Titans game is gonna be something to see as they have an excellent D.

I think Ballard - in time - will prove to be one of BB best decisions ever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Era of the TE : Please help me... Who and when  was a four TE, one RB set set run out of the hurry up with a potential for four receivers???? How about who ever carried 4 active TE's on the game day roster???
    Posted by part-timer[/QUOTE]

so, it's new that there are 4 players who are receiving a ball and 1 RB?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Hernandez is a fullback, regardless of where they line him up or what they call him.  And no he won't be converting to WR, a more likely scenario would be Demp's, Woody or even Vereen playing WR.  What makes Hernandez a weapon is that he can be lined up in the slot and can block down on people springing the running backs for large gains and he can line up at fullback in the I and destroy teams as a receiver out of the backfield.

Gaffney was always a little over rated here...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Agreed, god post, thank you.  I thinking its a sign of exicting football pass plays with lots of realistic options every snap.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I don't really think it's a new idea....

me neither. I wrote a post arguing that last year was the year of the tight end, last year.

Every playoff contender has a pass-catching tight end now

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Era of the TE : me neither. I wrote a post arguing that last year was the year of the tight end, last year. Every playoff contender has a pass-catching tight end now
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

LMAO....right, so, it was a new idea last year when you brought it up the first time Laughing

Besides, even if they put in 4 TEs in as WRs....just because they do it once (or twice) as a gimmick - does not an era make.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

In response to "Re: Era of the TE": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Era of the TE : LMAO....right, so, it was a new idea last year when you brought it up the first time Besides, even if they put in 4 TEs in as WRs....just because they do it once (or twice) as a gimmick - does not an era make....... Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE] Don't argue with him. He played high school football.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from inbredbru. Show inbredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Era of the TE : me neither. I wrote a post arguing that last year was the year of the tight end, last year. Every playoff contender has a pass-catching tight end now
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I said last year, no may be 2 or 3 years ago something like or may be similar. I do not know what the he11 you said but I said it first.

WHAT are we now sitting at the kiddie table. Did you even read the post, may be just the title. Or may be you are just a child looking to be heard. Go finish your home work...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from inbredbru. Show inbredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Era of the TE : LMAO....right, so, it was a new idea last year when you brought it up the first time Besides, even if they put in 4 TEs in as WRs....just because they do it once (or twice) as a gimmick - does not an era make.......

Hey now it must be your turn to be heard. Let me see I have nothing to say but I b!thched at the other guy (I really told Him) now I might as well b!tch at this guy for the same thing. Gee I have nothing to say but I will just lurk around to see how many people I can B!tch at.

Grow the FK up and learn to be a contributing portion of society in stead of a Lurking leach hoping to jump in and cry like a little b!tch about what others say.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from inbredbru. Show inbredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Era of the TE": Don't argue with him. He played high school football.
    Posted by 1guy1sharp[/QUOTE]

And you with your......Yea what he said really comes off as aw inspiring, and sooo swift. Isn't that your Mommy calling you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from inbredbru. Show inbredbru's posts

Neither of you lurkers, enimanonimus, or purple_rain_coppy_catZero,or 1damdullguy, have even attempted to answer the OP's question, or contribute to the topic intelligently, although that may not be possible for this think tank.

This board was showing a great deal of improvement, and I was enjoying reading, Now you dysfunctional morons have gone and spoiled it all and I had to dust off the key board. I am still around!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Era of the TE": Don't argue with him. He played high school football.
    Posted by 1guy1sharp[/QUOTE]

lmao....no, I've only watched high school football

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

In response to "Re: Era of the TE": [QUOTE]Hernandez is a fullback, regardless of where they line him up or what they call him.  And no he won't be converting to WR, a more likely scenario would be Demp's, Woody or even Vereen playing WR.  What makes Hernandez a weapon is that he can be lined up in the slot and can block down on people springing the running backs for large gains and he can line up at fullback in the I and destroy teams as a receiver out of the backfield. Gaffney was always a little over rated here... Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE] I would agree a tight-end can be used as a fullback. Hernandez can be a tight-end, wide-receiver or running back. He is not a fullback. Gronkowski could be used as a tight-end or a fullback.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from inbredbru. Show inbredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Era of the TE : lmao....no, I've only watched high school football

That's priceless, now I'm lmao

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from inbredbru. Show inbredbru's posts

Now back to what I was going to say before the children had to be delt with:

Its not only about us, the preseason has shown that more and more teams around the league are utilizing the "12" formation this year, and even using it as the featured formation.

And I don't wonder that all, the versatility of that formation beats all others, since the QB can read pressure packages and coverages, and choose anything from power running to 4 route runners to 2 wide max protection all based on what he sees from the defense. That versatility also means better play disguise than with any other formations.

Stacking up TEs rather than WRs also makes a team cheaper, because true wideouts are still outearning TEs by a clear margin. And if you run most downs with 2 wideouts, you dont necessarily need more than 4 of them in the roster from which 2 may even have only situational roles

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: Era of the TE": [QUOTE]Now back to what I was going to say before the children had to be delt with: Its not only about us, the preseason has shown that more and more teams around the league are utilizing the "12" formation this year, and even using it as the featured formation. And I don't wonder that all, the versatility of that formation beats all others, since the QB can read pressure packages and coverages, and choose anything from power running to 4 route runners to 2 wide max protection all based on what he sees from the defense. That versatility also means better play disguise than with any other formations. Stacking up TEs rather than WRs also makes a team cheaper, because true wideouts are still outearning TEs by a clear margin. And if you run most downs with 2 wideouts, you dont necessarily need more than 4 of them in the roster from which 2 may even have only situational roles Posted by inbredbru[/QUOTE] 29 posts of biching other posters out about biching, and then you realize the irony and post something about football. This is sad....it reminds me of somebody.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from inbredbru. Show inbredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Era of the TE": 29 posts of biching other posters out about biching, and then you realize the irony and post something about football. This is sad....it reminds me of somebody.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Sooo, you would rather talk about the B!tchslaping of the complainers than a football post. You surprise me! Did you comprehend the post and have an opinion, or just want to complain in the same manner you are complaining about. Now that is funny! I did not expect that from you.

So I am curious, who do you think I am? Insinuations are week! Do you wish to hear football? Or

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonismine. Show bostonismine's posts

I've seen 4 TE  sets in college but not the pro's yet,I'm sure BB Will try it at some point simply because of the mismatch it causes but with regularity i doubt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]I've seen 4 TE  sets in college but not the pro's yet,I'm sure BB Will try it at some point simply because of the mismatch it causes but with regularity i doubt.
    Posted by bostonismine[/QUOTE]

Maybe...as a gimmick.  Seriously, going 4 TE wide? Apart from Hernandez and Gronk what other TE would you have playing as a receiver? And would you rather have whoever you choose run routes over Welker and lloyd? Only so many patterns to run and so much space to work with. Maybe a red zone play near the goal line....or a short 3rd down play when there is zero confidence in the run game.  I just can't see something like that being used that often.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Era of the TE : Maybe...as a gimmick.  Seriously, going 4 TE wide? Apart from Hernandez and Gronk what other TE would you have playing as a receiver? And would you rather have whoever you choose run routes over Welker and lloyd? Only so many patterns to run and so much space to work with. Maybe a red zone play near the goal line....or a short 3rd down play when there is zero confidence in the run game.  I just can't see something like that being used that often.

Initially, early season the true effectiveness of the formation will not be as effective as the late season run, when Ballard will return. We will have exceptional versatility with both Gronk and AH, some what more limited with Fells and (Silvestro-Shiancoe). But by week 11 when Ballard returns the formation will assume a much more deadly position for defences. At that point we will have three massive receiver's who are all quite capable of being both a blockers and receiver's. With one more (Fells) who also can catch as well as block. Couple that with either Riddley, or more hopefully Vereen, who also are quite capable of being a receiving threat, we will be in a position to go no huddle in the hurry up, and totally dictate the defensive match ups. Any combination of receiver's and blockers, multiple combinations of rushers and blockers, both downfield and heavy short yardage. The combinations are limitless, and all called at the line of scrimmage depending on the defensive personnel and alignment. The defence can not ever be in the right formation or personnel with out a great deal of deception and shifting at the last second. Even then I do not see how it can be stopped with any regularity.
    With Ballards return we will be 3 strong at TE with the week spot only in the 4th TE. The true beauty of the entire notion is the downfield blocking. Like having an additional four athletic,fast linemen, all moving downfield,or into the backfield like a fullback,or moving into motion as a Tailback and receiver. Not to mention the the additional blockers that can stay at home to pass block. With the proper last minute reads, the QB should have a field day, picking apart the defences.
    With no possibility of knowing who is doing what, when all can do everything.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Using 4 TE's means taking Lloyd and WW off the field doesn't it? Why would we want to do that? I can see Gronk Fells and Hern, with Hern as an off set FB and WW, and Lloyd wide. Actually with the amount of talent we have on offense the sets we can use will be unpredictable, as they could have been with better use last year. McD is going to have a field day with this team.