Eric Moore?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Eric Moore?

I am surprise no one snagged Eric Moore off of waivers and the Patriots did not even sign him to the practice sqjuad. Does this mean they think DE Markell Carter(who was signed to the PS) is a better player than Moore or just cheaper?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Re: Eric Moore?

both

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He probably doesn't have any PS time left.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i don't think he is eligible for the PS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

If an eric moore falls in a forest and no one hears it, does it matter?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

In Response to Re: Eric Moore?:
    [QUOTE]both
    Posted by R3S1N20[/QUOTE]

Come on you ussually have more of an opinion than that? Both?

When I posted a month ago the Pats should try and trade Merriweather you call ed my post the following:  "this should definitly win the espy for stupidest post ever". 

You then went on to say "sure he misses a tackle here and there but other than that he makes good reads etc....."

Hey, so what does Belichick do? He out and out cuts Merriweather!

So lets hear your supieror football observations regarding Moore!

He may be back if the Pats get thin at D End. What's your opinion?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wonder where the people who said Moore was going to be our starting end and they were excited about what he will do over the course of a full season, went.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eric Moore? : Come on you ussually have more of an opinion than that? Both? When I posted a month ago the Pats should try and trade Merriweather you call ed my post the following:  "this should definitly win the espy for stupidest post ever".  You then went on to say "sure he misses a tackle here and there but other than that he makes good reads etc....." Hey, so what does Belichick do? He out and out cuts Merriweather! So lets hear your supieror football observations regarding Moore! He may be back if the Pats get thin at D End. What's your opinion?
    Posted by ronf[/QUOTE]

At the time i thought it was stupid to even mention the fact that we might cut meriweather considering the lack of any suitable replacement. now i feel a little bit better about it seeing some good things out of the other S on the roster in sergio brown and josh barrett, and with the  addition of Ihedibo i feel like we can maybe make do with those players. I respect BB decision to cut meriweather.
    in terms of Moore i think BB saw that he had the exact same thing in Markell Carter without having to put him on the 53 man roster. he might be back if there are injuries though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think Markell Carter and Moore have something in common, they both will never be regular nfl players. I was shocked that Markell got drafted, when watching his highlights, I saw a guy whose feet looked like they were in cement. No way that guy ever makes it in the nfl. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I think Eric Moore is a good football player, good enough to play, if not start, on a few teams in the NFL.

I bet if he were eligible for the Pats practice squad, someone from the AFC East would have snapped him up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I think Eric Moore is a good football player, good enough to play, if not start, on a few teams in the NFL. I bet if he were eligible for the Pats practice squad, someone from the AFC East would have snapped him up.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

The problem is that he (if is starter material, at one of the most sought after positions) didn't get claimed on waivers by ALL the other teams in the nfl. Defensive ends that are good, get picked up by someone/anyone, when they can be had for nothing and at a very reasonable salary. Anyone from the AFC east can snap him up right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eric Moore? : The problem is that he (if is starter material, at one of the most sought after positions) didn't get claimed on waivers by ALL the other teams in the nfl. Defensive ends that are good, get picked up by someone/anyone, when they can be had for nothing and at a very reasonable salary. Anyone from the AFC east can snap him up right now.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

True, mthurl.

I'm just saying that 2 guys, Lee and Yeatman, who have never played a down of meaningful football, got snagged, in part, I believe, to keep the Pats from placing them on the PS since they only have 2 TEs left. If the Pats had 3 or 4 TEs, can we honestly say that both of these guys showed enough in preseason to get picked up?

I'm not saying Moore is a starter by any means, but I don't believe there are 32 teams that have a full roster of DEs better than him. Obviously, those teams disagree, and they know more about football than I do. But Moore seems to be a high-motor, decent production guy. I believe he deserves another shot; I hope he gets one.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts