ESPN coaches poll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

ESPN coaches poll

ESPN is running the best coach of all time poll. I think it has to come down as;

Paul Brown

Lombardi

BB/Walsh

Shula/Landry

Noll/Parcells

BB needs another SB win to be best of all time

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: ESPN coaches poll

Just like the "best QB ever" debate....this will always be purely opinion. The game is a whole lot different than it was for Brown & Lombardi.

The whole list looks pretty great to me....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Madden and Stram had great records, Gibbs, won 3 Superbowls, lost another, I think. Pretty sure did it with different QB's, which is more amazing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Free Agency / Salary Cap = BB Greatest (plus 5 Super Bowl rings and 7 appearances don't hurt)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Free Agency / Salary Cap = BB Greatest (plus 5 Super Bowl rings and 7 appearances don't hurt)

inherited sb team+talent from parcells/tom brady/afc easy=not quite

(and please dont mention pete carroll and please don't forget mo lewis)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

And winning three Super Bowls in four years is nothing to boast about.  It must have done been dozens of times.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

yeah but if he wins 2 more in next 4 might seal things a lil

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

So prior the Salary Cap and Free Agency when all the NFL teams were on the same rules doesn't count? Teams did it mostly by Drafting.
    I'll take Gibbs over Parcells.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Maybe just prior to that they were spending, but what I remember NFL PLayers were the most underpaid in Pro Sports. The Owners were Super Cheap. They didn't care if you walked.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

What's hard about this Poll is who is #1?
    Love BB to death, one of the best. But, what diminishes his Greatness is Play-off loses at HOME.
    Trying to remember if Noll, Landry, Lomabrdi, Walsh, ever lost a Play-off game at Home, prior to getting or even losing in the Superbowl.

To me almost an automatic, if you get the Homefield advantage, you should win. Everything is to your advantage. No travel, practice, sleep in your bed, Crowd.
    Lost to Ravens, then Jets, and last year again to Ravens at home. With a scary win in there against the Ravens. I can see 1 losss, but recently they are not that scary. The 07 team were huge favorites in the Superbowl and lost.
    Just being honest, ONE of the Great Head-Coaches, the Greatest, not sure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Isn't it eight SB appearances? Three with Parcells (2 with NYG, 1 with Pats) and five as HC of the NEP, right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Yes, please don't mention that neither Pete Carroll or Parcells could get to, nevermind win a Super Bowl with said talent, or the fact BB drafted Tom Brady and Richard Seymour two of the best players of their generation, or the fact that the Patriots were only in the Super Bowl in 1996 because Belichick joined the staff and took over the defense and that prior to that Parcells had a below .500 record as the head coach, or that you keep mentioning how easy the AFC East is which is complete garbage opinion on your part...

.. don't mention any of that and you have a valid point... wait, no you don't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

inherited sb team+talent from parcells

Hey troll why don't you actually look at those teams.  By 2004 the only guys on offense he didn't bring in himself were Faulk and Troy Brown.  Law was injured in 2004 meaning the only guys on D he didn't bring in were McGinest, Bruschi and Ted Johnson.  Fine players, but I'd go out on a limb and say that Randall Gay, Rodney Harrison, Asante Samuel, Roman Phifer, Mike Vrabel, Richard Seymour, Eugene Wilson, Ty Warren, Keith Traylor, Vince Wilfork, Jarvis Green and Roosevelt Colvin probably helped too.  LMAO @ U.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

inherited sb team+talent from parcells

Hey troll why don't you actually look at those teams.  By 2004 the only guys on offense he didn't bring in himself were Faulk and Troy Brown.  Law was injured in 2004 meaning the only guys on D he didn't bring in were McGinest, Bruschi and Ted Johnson.  Fine players, but I'd go out on a limb and say that Randall Gay, Rodney Harrison, Asante Samuel, Roman Phifer, Mike Vrabel, Richard Seymour, Eugene Wilson, Ty Warren, Keith Traylor, Vince Wilfork, Jarvis Green and Roosevelt Colvin probably helped too.  LMAO @ U.

Don't expect Jints to counter.  He is the biggest moron on this forum, and that is saying something.

I want to throw 2007 out there, too, but I know he'll be a little condescending troll and say 2007 is irrelevant because we lost.  I don't give a sh*t what anybody says; 2007 was the best team the NFL has ever seen.  Did the Giants deserve to win the game?  Yes, it was a great game and their Dline played out of their minds.  However, talent-wise, that is the best team ever assembled.

Just using that as a counter-argument that BB "inherited" all of his great teams.  What a freaking dink.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

So prior the Salary Cap and Free Agency when all the NFL teams were on the same rules doesn't count? Teams did it mostly by Drafting.
    I'll take Gibbs over Parcells.

you know, I can be had on Gibbs being a miss. What put me high on Parcells was his coaching tree.
    I do like Gibbs on the list however

I still stand by my top 4 are non argueable...I cant see a winning arguement against those top 4. Agree?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts