ESPN coaches poll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: ESPN coaches poll

Babe serious question.  You have argued if not for BB as GM we would have 3-4 more Lombardis meaning you think it is conceivable we should have 7 because of the greatness of Brady.  The most any QB has ever won in any era is 4 and that was without a cap.  Do you believe Brady is at least twice as good as any QB in history?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I can say "NE will win the divison and be a #1 or #2 seed every year" because of BB more so than Brady.

BB, the GM and coach.

Yeah, those HOF QBs grow on trees nitwit. Too bad BB is only 1 for 7 in making the playoffs without Brady and 10 for 11 with him. That fact kind of makes your proclamations look stupid. LMAO@U

I believe BB had Cleveland in the playoffs in 1994 once he promoted Testaverde. As usual, your premise is terrible, moron.

Right genius. That was the one year in 7 he actually made the playoffs without Brady.

Of course he went 5-11 with Bledsoe and the first year he put Brady in he won the SB!

Junior body slammed yet again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I can say "NE will win the divison and be a #1 or #2 seed every year" because of BB more so than Brady.

BB, the GM and coach.

Yeah, those HOF QBs grow on trees nitwit. Too bad BB is only 1 for 7 in making the playoffs without Brady and 10 for 11 with him. That fact kind of makes your proclamations look stupid. LMAO@U

He also DRAFTED Brady.

Yes, thanks to Greir checking it out and Rehbein hounding him to do it. Turned out to be the luckiest pick in NFL history.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Yes, thanks to Greir checking it out and Rehbein hounding him to do it. Turned out to be the luckiest pick in NFL history.

And yet he still had to do it.  I am sure for most great players there is always some scout or executive that really wanted the guy and yet the GM didn't pull the trigger.  Besides I thought the flavor of the month claim around here is that BB doesn't listen to anyone when he makes his picks.  He just does what he wants.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Babe serious question.  You have argued if not for BB as GM we would have 3-4 more Lombardis meaning you think it is conceivable we should have 7 because of the greatness of Brady.  The most any QB has ever won in any era is 4 and that was without a cap.  Do you believe Brady is at least twice as good as any QB in history?

Good question.

No.

But I believe the perfect storm of lucking out with drafting Brady and inheriting a core a great players allowed for the amazing 3 rings in 4 years.

No way would I expect them to keep up that pace for the next two blocks of four years. That would be 9 rings in 12 years.

But winning 3 of the last 8 is feasible with a guy like Brady if the team around him wasn't mediocre.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

And yet he still had to do it.  I am sure for most great players there is always some scout or executive that really wanted the guy and yet the GM didn't pull the trigger.  Besides I thought the flavor of the month claim around here is that BB doesn't listen to anyone when he makes his picks.  He just does what he wants.

As I have repeatedly said, I don't credit or discredit draft picks after the 4th round. It's entirely a crap shoot at that point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

The draft has changed since TB's pick. He would never have been picked in today's draft. He's that daimond in the rough. Could say that was a lucky pick, but it doesn't take anything away from his greatness.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

ESPN is running the best coach of all time poll. I think it has to come down as;

Paul Brown

Lombardi

BB/Walsh

Shula/Landry

Noll/Parcells

BB needs another SB win to be best of all time

This poll is BS. BB is the best coach of all-time, because he won three titles, and had over a decade of great success during the salary cap/free agency era. None of those other coaches really had to deal with those restrictions. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

You guys look at restrictions I look at Coaches.
    Landry took over a terrible team and they were dominant for a long time.
    Noll took over a laughingstock team in Pitts, and were Dominant.
    Walsh same.
    Shula took over a new team in a new league.

Sorry disagree, Had nothing to do with money.

Allen had a bunch of Old Timers who were happy to be playing and took them to SB. Good Coach with the Rams too.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Sure, wins and losses played into it, as well as SB's, SB appearances etc. but also innovation to the game, coaching tree and sustained excellence 

I left out Gibbs, but don't think he cracks the the top 5-7. I also left out Johnson, but not sure he cracks the top 5-7

I think Brown won a lot, came up with new ideas that are still used today, playoff hanged the game. Ditto Lombardi. 

I thought BB could have been tied for #2 with Lombardi, but then I thought same could be said of Walsh. At the end I think it is Brown, Lombardi, BB/Walsh

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

When I saw Paul Brown he was with the Bengals, didn't do nothing. Dont think they even won an AFC Championship. Thats why I left him off. When I saw the Browns with Jim Brown, Blanton Collier was Head Coach. They won at least 1 Championship.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

When I saw Paul Brown he was with the Bengals, didn't do nothing. Thats why I left him off. When I saw the Browns with Jim Brown, Blanton Collier was Head Coach. They won at least 1 Championship.

Do some more research on Brown. True innovator of the NFL as we know it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Sid Gilman was a real trailblazer that people forget. Real Pioneer of the forward pass.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Gilman's concept was the West Coast Offense, that they are still using.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Like I said only saw Brown with Bengals, nothing special. If he was good before that only can take people's word for it.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

BB is one of the Greatest of all time, its just hard for me at this moment to vote him #1 yet. I will say this, thank god he is here. Any Pats fan that says otherwise, should remember some of the clowns we had here, minus, Fairbanks.