ESPN- Expect Pryor to get suspended

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

ESPN- Expect Pryor to get suspended

Just heard this idiot female reporter on ESPN (Rescha Canidate) saying "Brett Favre taking a huuuuuuge hit from Myron Pryor. I suspect that there is a league suspension coming down for Mr. Pryor."

Totally clean hit. But, ESPN, still stinging from a Jets loss, has to lay some dirt on the Patriots. Every other replay I saw of that hit had EVERY commentator saying it "was a clean hit". Total BS on ESPN, as usual. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Re: ESPN- Expect Pryor to get suspended

Target Zone was the chest. End of discussion, expect for ESPN.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Funny how ESPN didn't comment on somebody going low at Brady's legs though...hmm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Clean hit. No suspension. They are wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

I saw Pryor coming at him with his face mask into Favre's chest. The impact knocked Favre backward and with Pryor still forward moving, the top of his helmet, or maybe even his face mask, seemed to push up Favre's pads into his chin. I didn't see Pryor leading with his helmet. He definitely planted his facemask first into Favre. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

BB ..... Q. "Anybody have a cure or quick remedy for a narrcissist"?

Myron Pryor.... Ans. " How about a large dose of Me"  (take once Daily).

No need to exceed the stated dosage.

This medication can make you feel woozy,light headed and seeing stars is a possibility. Do not drive, drink alcohol or attempt to play Quarterback once medication is taken. 

Go Myron..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I heard that and the word moron came to mind. she has no idea what shes talking about. maybe they should be investigating pictures sent to her.......oooooo low blow

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN- Expect Pryor to get suspended:
    Even when they went to the ground I never saw the helmet make contact. Since we're on the subject of the pats getting robbed how about the two plays back to back where Vollemer got flagged for IM when three Minny defensive lineman made contact with patriots prior to Seabass moving and that followed by Welker being absolute mauled by a LB on a short quick route with no flag? That put it 3 & 6 and if you remember WW came down with the catch and the first down. When he got up he let out a scream almost telling the refs you aren't getting this one.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Welker was pumped on that play. You're right, Sam. You could just about read his mind. "Not this time."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

When you bury your shoulder into the chest of another player you helmet is going to be right around the chin, what's next no hitting the qbs in the numbers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I watched the play 10 times and I don't think there was any intent on Pryor's part to lead with his head.  He got there just as the ball was released and I think the helmet to chin contact was incidental.  These things happen.  You just can't eliminate all of the unfortunate things that happen to players in a very fast and violent sport. 

Don't get me wrong. I think a lot of the fines in past weeks sent a message that bonecrushing hits to defenseless players, especially those where the defender leads with his head, won't be tolerated.  This is a good thing in my mind.  But plays like Pryor's hit on Favre?  This is another case of ESPN shilling for Favre. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

No way. Totally clean hit. Pryor wasn't flagged either. Clean all the way around. Sometimes lacerations happen, it's football. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

She seems to be on her own.  This is the only person I've heard say anything like this. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Everyplace else on tv said it was a clean hit.  That's why I don't listen to ESPN.  NFL channel is the only way to go, they know what's up.

From what I seen it was a clean hit.  Matter of fact, props to many of the Pat's players yesterday as far as keeping their hitting clean.  There were several hits where you could see that they clearly let up or made a effort to lowering their hit zone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

ESPN is a joke!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Great ESPN is now campaigning for calls.  With this type of media induced crap for their pets I suppose LeBron James will be getting even more calls his way now. Tongue out

I wouldn't be surprised to see a fine.  A suspension would be a complete joke.  He basically hit with his shoulder and slid up.  On EEI this am Brady said he wears a padded chin strap just avoid what happened to Favre, but Favre wears an old school chin strap without padding. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

She has no right to make comments like that . Send tweets and email demanding she take that back.  I have.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

I think it was claen all the way, but once I saw it I said wacth him get a fine becuase its Brett Farve and the NFL is on his d@%k

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmassgreg. Show wmassgreg's posts

I'm glad this came up because I wanted to get other peoples opinion on this. I watched this over and over and I can't see his helmet getting that close to his face. I think what happend is he drove Farves shoulder pads up into his jaw and that's what caused it. You know, the edge of one of the flaps?? Thoughts?
    Posted by Sam-Adams

prior's helmet hit betsy's i mean brett's chest first then slid up to her i mean his chin. it was a clean hit. the blood on his chin strap was not from the chin she i mean he was using the strap as a maxi pad before the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

That is only what 1 reporter on ESPN has stated.  Nobody else on ESPN or any other network has implied or stated it was a dirty hit.  In fact, most have commented on how it was a clean and legal hit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

typical E-S-P-N C-R-A-P, with the exception of JAWS I have a hard time watching that channel.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

what is everyone's opinion of the hit by Guyton that was called personal foul? Will there/should there be something done about that one since he did lead with his head?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

It was an overreaction by the refs with all this emphasis on player safety.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Pryor's hit was clean, period.  Any contention to the contrary would have to rely on evidence I've been unable to see.

Another possibility of what caused the laceration was the force of Pryor's impact snapping Favre's head forward such that his chin hit the upper edge of his pads.  I saw this happen when I was playing HS football back in the dark ages.  Another pretty nasty but fully clean hit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

If Prior's helmet had hit Favre's chin with force enough to cut it, it would have shattered his jaw. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

If Prior's helmet had hit Favre's chin with force enough to cut it, it would have shattered his jaw. 
    Posted by kegarret

with the way he wasnt talking or moving his mouth, this is exactly what i thought happened.

Sections
Shortcuts