ESPN Report by Rich Cimini - Pettine: Pats might have Jets' plays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

ESPN Report by Rich Cimini - Pettine: Pats might have Jets' plays

More Jets Propoganda? I question whether Brady would have made comments about having their playbook at WW Wedding (unless of course he was toasted)

=====================================================================================

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Bill Belichick once got busted for illegally spying on the New York Jets. Now there's a story that says the New England Patriots coach may have obtained a copy of the Jets' playbook from Alabama coach Nick Saban, a close friend -- and an acquaintance of Rex Ryan.

Bill Belichick, right, allegedly has a copy of the Jets' playbook, which coach Rex Ryan gives out "like candy," former assistant Mike Pettine told Sports Illustrated.

The latest chapter of skullduggery between the two rivals was hatched by Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine, the Jets defensive coordinator from 2009 to 2012. In an interview with Sports Illustrated's themmqb.com, Pettine suggests that Belichick might have obtained the Jets' playbook through Saban.

"It didn't shock me because Rex would give them out like candy anyway," Pettine told the website. "He gave one out to Saban, and I was like, 'Don't you know Saban and Bill are pretty good friends? I have a feeling it's going to end up in New England.'"

Ryan has always spoken highly of Saban, and he has spoken on at least one occasion at a coaches' clinic at Alabama. But Saban and Belichick are extremely tight; Saban was Belichick's defensive coordinator with the Browns from 1991 to 1994.

What would possess Pettine to reveal such sensitive information? In the profile, he explains why he prefers not to have a thick playbook, saying he doesn't like to include "graduate-level information" because of the possibility of it ending up in enemy hands.

"We know in places like New England, it's only a matter of time that they somehow mysteriously end up with our playbook," Pettine said.

When Belichick was asked about the story, he replied, "Talk to Mike Pettine. I don't know."

Ryan wasn't immediately available for comment. He is scheduled to address the media later Thursday after the Jets' final minicamp practice.

Information from ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss was used in this report.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11107433/new-york-jets-playbook-new-england-patriots-possession-mike-pettine-says?ex_cid=espnapi_public

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: ESPN Report by Rich Cimini - Pettine: Pats might have Jets' plays

Belichick is in everybody's head, like a song lyric, and they can't get it to stop. You'd think the coach of the Cleveland Browns would have better things to do than talk about nonsense between the Pats and the Jets. Oh well, he'll be the ex-coach of the Browns in about 18 months. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

As if we needed another reason to believe Rex Ryan is the biggest clown in all of sports.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Plays change every week, signals for those plays change every week.

The dislike ESPN has for the Pats borders on hatred. Bob Kraft would never do it but I wish he would file a suit against ESPN for defamation and attempt to harm a lawful business and shut them %x&5yt up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Where's Officer Barbrady when we need him?

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

If Rex Ryan is really giving out playbooks like candy, he might be the stupidest head coach in NFL history.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Hilarious.  Cue up the old brady bunch episode where greg's westdale high pulls the ol bait and switch on fairview with the playbook.

My oh my are the pats in wexxie's head.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The source was Petine talking to SI, not ESPN

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Espn is running it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The dislike ESPN has for the Pats borders on hatred. Bob Kraft would never do it but I wish he would file a suit against ESPN for defamation and attempt to harm a lawful business and shut them %x&5yt up.

[/QUOTE]

I suggested this years ago. I truly feel this annual crap we see would not exist if kraft bankrupted the herald back in 2008 and bit espn/abc hard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Espn is running it.

[/QUOTE]

And happily so...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I don't think this is true, but even if it is who cares?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Espn is running it.

[/QUOTE]

Bedard was the source

Surprised your not using the Brady blame as Brady blabbed it

League will investigate. BB will be fined

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

For what exactly?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For what exactly?

[/QUOTE]

To give Russ something to blame Brady even more so

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Belichick must have a good laugh everytime a story like this comes out. This type of story is Good Psycho-warfare.

When I used to play cards a lot and get on a hot streak my buddies would ask why I always win. My response would always be," It's easy, I just cheat". They'd spend the rest of night trying to catch me instead of focusing on the game. This story is so ridiculous that the Patriot hater I work with even got a good chuckle out of it. I would say from that statement from Pettine that he is truly doomed as a head coach. The guy is a meatball and a chooch and he ought to start focusing on the teams in his own division that are preparing to kick his butt in September.

If I were Belichick when asked about this I would have just smiled and said, "Playbook.....What's a playbook"?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Rex Ryan just went off on Pettine all but calling him a liar and stated that the story is a total fabrication..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

They don't even use the traditional playbooks anymore, everything is on a pre-programmed IPad and every player and member is given one. When one leaves, they have to turn it in. Some teams started this ahead of others but all team have used them for at least the past 3 seasons.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They don't even use the traditional playbooks anymore, everything is on a pre-programmed IPad and every player and member is given one. When one leaves, they have to turn it in. Some teams started this ahead of others but all team have used them for at least the past 3 seasons.

[/QUOTE]

Thats not true. Numerous players walking around with hard copies, coaches as well

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Amen:

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard · 3h

Anybody who knows football knows it's much ado about nothing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to stewart7557's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More Jets Propoganda? I question whether Brady would have made comments about having their playbook at WW Wedding (unless of course he was toasted)

=====================================================================================

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Bill Belichick once got busted for illegally spying on the New York Jets. Now there's a story that says the New England Patriots coach may have obtained a copy of the Jets' playbook from Alabama coach Nick Saban, a close friend -- and an acquaintance of Rex Ryan.

Bill Belichick, right, allegedly has a copy of the Jets' playbook, which coach Rex Ryan gives out "like candy," former assistant Mike Pettine told Sports Illustrated.

The latest chapter of skullduggery between the two rivals was hatched by Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine, the Jets defensive coordinator from 2009 to 2012. In an interview with Sports Illustrated's themmqb.com, Pettine suggests that Belichick might have obtained the Jets' playbook through Saban.

"It didn't shock me because Rex would give them out like candy anyway," Pettine told the website. "He gave one out to Saban, and I was like, 'Don't you know Saban and Bill are pretty good friends? I have a feeling it's going to end up in New England.'"

Ryan has always spoken highly of Saban, and he has spoken on at least one occasion at a coaches' clinic at Alabama. But Saban and Belichick are extremely tight; Saban was Belichick's defensive coordinator with the Browns from 1991 to 1994.

What would possess Pettine to reveal such sensitive information? In the profile, he explains why he prefers not to have a thick playbook, saying he doesn't like to include "graduate-level information" because of the possibility of it ending up in enemy hands.

"We know in places like New England, it's only a matter of time that they somehow mysteriously end up with our playbook," Pettine said.

When Belichick was asked about the story, he replied, "Talk to Mike Pettine. I don't know."

Ryan wasn't immediately available for comment. He is scheduled to address the media later Thursday after the Jets' final minicamp practice.

Information from ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss was used in this report.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11107433/new-york-jets-playbook-new-england-patriots-possession-mike-pettine-says?ex_cid=espnapi_public" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11107433/new-york-jets-playbook-new-england-patriots-possession-mike-pettine-says?ex_cid=espnapi_public

[/QUOTE]

Ok, so the Jets have a built in excuse why they will be getting their arses kicked twice this year atleast. BUT, what are the rest of the teams in the NFL gonna use as an excuse??

Also, with Revis just 2 years removed from playing in New Yawk', don't we already have a source of insight if we need it?

This sounds like some early seed planting in anticipation of another great Patriots season. Do we play the Brownies this year?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats not true. Numerous players walking around with hard copies, coaches as well

[/QUOTE]

Okay, I had read all teams had switched to IPads in an article about how technology has changed the way people in sports do things..Must have been bad info.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Rex Ryan disputed Pettine's notion that the Pats have the Jets playbooks. Rex even said it was disrespectful to the Patriots to even suggest that. I was surprised to hear him say that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I suggested this years ago. I truly feel this annual crap we see would not exist if kraft bankrupted the herald back in 2008 and bit espn/abc hard.

[/QUOTE]
    Give one example of a person sueing a newspaper and winning hundreds of millions of dollars. Yeah it has never happened. You can only win deflamation, you can prove the incorrect information actually had cause real damages. How would Kraft prove that?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rex Ryan disputed Pettine's notion that the Pats have the Jets playbooks. Rex even said it was disrespectful to the Patriots to even suggest that. I was surprised to hear him say that.

[/QUOTE]
    Why would he want to get involved in this mess.

Sections
Shortcuts