ESPN Rumor: Pats interested in Steven Jackson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mclseek. Show mclseek's posts

ESPN Rumor: Pats interested in Steven Jackson

This would be quite a move if the Pats can pull it off. Arguably, Steven Jackson is one of the best RBs in the league and he would add an explosive dimension to the Pats screen and run game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Re: ESPN Rumor: Pats interested in Steven Jackson

I would pee my pants if this happened. |:

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It really isn't arguable. SJ is one of the best in the league.

What is better is that he is versatile and 26.

Howeve, be careful what you wish for. He gets injured like 2 games a season and he costs a furtune. Considering how hard people are on injured players here, they might not like him.

But there aren't many other 230 pounders who can catch and block like him, while being  abeast in the open field. In those respects he answers the major issues this team has had running the ball.

That said, it won't happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to ESPN Rumor: Pats interested in Steven Jackson:
    This would be quite a move if the Pats can pull it off. Arguably, Steven Jackson is one of the best RBs in the league and he would add an explosive dimension to the Pats screen and run game.
    Posted by mclseek
    its a nice thought.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1663

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

But unrealistic. Even the ESPN column was basically speculation by a writer, and based in nothing resembling fact.

S-Jax is a game changer.  The type of runner that brings a shadow into the box every down, and can split wide too.

But St. Louis isn't really selling, and I can't see NE parting with the 1st and 2nd the writer proposes.

I think one 'selling' team and player that is more interesting is Dwayne Bowe. I think they are looking for a second and something else. That would be interesting, because he would resoundingly answer the major issue this offense has, third wide.

But again, how much use would a player who doesn't know your playbook be right now?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Rumor: Pats interested in Steven Jackson:
    But unrealistic. Even the ESPN column was basically speculation by a writer, and based in nothing resembling fact. S-Jax is a game changer.  The type of runner that brings a shadow into the box every down, and can split wide too. But St. Louis isn't really selling, and I can't see NE parting with the 1st and 2nd the writer proposes. I think one 'selling' team and player that is more interesting is Dwayne Bowe. I think they are looking for a second and something else. That would be interesting, because he would resoundingly answer the major issue this offense has, third wide. But again, how much use would a player who doesn't know your playbook be right now?
    Posted by zbellino
    the only thing im finding on espn rumors are these.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Bowe should cost no less than a first round pick +.  He was a first round pick, and is playing like a first round pick.  I'd do it, though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Don't think that Jackson will help the Pats all that much, assuming he could be had. The Pats OL is not a very good run blocking unit. Every RB, no matter how good, needs some running room. I'd rather see the Pats stabilize the 3rd WR position. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

A great offensive line can make a bad back look great. A mediocre offensive line can make a great back look so so.

I'm watching the Saints game right now and Drew Brees has all day back there just like Brady used to. Manning meanwhile is under a lot of pressure and having a tough time making throws. 

I think that the Pats have neglected the Oline for too long. They used to dominate now they struggle a lot it seems.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Yes the team can use a running back.  Fred's out for a while, Laurence doesn't seem to have a good shoulder, and that leaves Sammy who is ok for now, and BJGE who can run but needs more experience as a Brady protector.  Faulk isn't in Steven Jackson's weight category.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Dear BB, PLEASE PLEASE get D. Bowe, he's a solid and young physical receiver who can still stretch the field.  He'd be PERFECT at WR3 for us, he's basically a much more talented Gaffney, similar size and build (more physical tho).  It won't happen, no way, but damn they could make music with those players split out wide.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

I disagree about SJ not being able to run in NE... Rams o line is not that great, i think pats line might b better... IMO, SJ is top 5 if not #2 RB in the league behind AP... Rams have NO ONE besides SJ, yet SJ seems to get close to 100 total yards per game... i think he would be really good in the pats system, assuming they can use him right. In fact, getting him would be great for them.... It would be like taking fred taylor's tough running between tackles, maroneys moves in open space, and faulks sure hands on 3rd down and putting them into 1 package... i think thats exactly what they need...
    But i doubt it will happen, i dont see rams letting him go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinger56. Show kinger56's posts

I think that the Pats have neglected the Oline for too long.

I agree.  Since Mankins, there's been nothing.  I guess we'll see if Volmer pans out, but they'll need more than that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

I have been talking about this Steven jackson thing for two weeks.  Yes it would be great however, I don't think the money is right.  It will cost the Rams dearly. Oh well Brady, Moss and Jackson sound good, oh well!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

this rumor is a little absurd, steven jackson is arguably the 2nd best RB in the league, and is only 26. he has years left on his contract too. the shear compensation for such a trade would be too high for BB.   The trade would at least have to be for a 1st and a 2nd/3rd. Having moss, welker, tate, endelman, baker, watson, and steven jackson on offense would be amazing. The only weakness would be the o-line's ability to protect brady.  i would love to see him on the Pats but it is not gonna happen.

go pats!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

Jackson is a franchise player and would be a game changer for sure even with the Oline being somewhat suspect imo,

That said what are the odds of the Pats mortgaging the future for one player? I think the Rams would want Hershel Walker type payback for this to happen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from michwolverine. Show michwolverine's posts

Get Dwayne Bowe Pioli owes us one anyways

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kb87. Show kb87's posts

I guess if Bill Simmons was GM of the PATS?

Maroney, OAKs' 2011 #1 and a Pats 2010 #2 for Jackson.............

That would b pretty sweet! Doubtful though, very very doubtful!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Stephen Jackson is in the 2nd year of a $44 million, 6 year contract so it's not just a matter of the draft picks they would have to figure out a way to make that contract fit in too. ESPN's rumors are about as accurate as the ones I start.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I guess if Bill Simmons was GM of the PATS? Maroney, OAKs' 2011 #1 and a Pats 2010 #2 for Jackson............. That would b pretty sweet! Doubtful though, very very doubtful!!!
    Posted by kbev87

that would be really stupid, the oakland 2011 pick will be easily top 5 pick with a rookie salary cap most likely so potentially we can get a player of jacksons quality with that pick alone.  the added second would be outrageous. i would offer our 1st this year and that is it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

No matter what ....whenever something potentially positive  can happen with the Patriots there are always the negative sceptics......I do not really know if we could pull off a coup like that and get Steven Jackson but if that possibility becomes a reality it would rate every bit as high as the time we aquired Corey Dillon !! He would have an immediate impact on our offensive attack !!!

Sections
Shortcuts