ESPN Rumors - Welker Replacement

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: ESPN Rumors - Welker Replacement

Encin - I love when you pepper your arguement with smack talk as supporting evidence.  It legitimizes you.  If you think that I am off in my assessment so be it, but I stand by it. 

Last 3 years, ok.     

colts 3 playoffs; pats 2 playoffs. 

last 3 years Colts - 07-hm div loss; 08-rd wc loss; 09 superbowl loss
    last 3 years Pats - 07-superbowl loss; 08-no playoffs; 09-hm wc loss

last 3 years pats v colts - 2-1 colts - 07 pats; 08 colts; 09 colts

It seems clear that the colts are the better team over the past 3 years.  More wins; more playoffs; better head to head record, and moving in the right direction. 

I am not dogging the pats.  Its just that for the first time in about 10 years, the direction of your team is less clear (at this point) than it ever has been.  Certainly there is plenty of time to change that, but right now, you must admit, the picture is not quite as rosy as it has been.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Rumors - Welker Replacement:
    In Response to Re: ESPN Rumors - Welker Replacement : I hate having a second tier team that finished first in the division and is in a rebuilding year......that is sucky!   Wow you people are pathetic.... 
    Posted by m1021us
    M10
    -------------------------

LMAO.....dayum....u must be having Koolaid withdrawal or something - cuz u must be delusional to think they are an "elite" team.

I neither said it was good or bad to have a second tier team - as the Patriots are still competitive. They beat the teams that are not particularly good - and they get beaten by better teams.  Just because they came in first in their division doesn't mean they're an "elite" team.

Dog asked a question - and I gave my opinion.  Have they improved from last year's team? So far, no. As I said in the post - it's still early.

The problem isn't us.....it's you. Take dem frigggin rose colored glasses off, dude.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Rumors - Welker Replacement : M10 ------------------------- LMAO.....dayum....u must be having Koolaid withdrawal or something - cuz u must be delusional to think they are an "elite" team. I neither said it was good or bad to have a second tier team - as the Patriots are still competitive. They beat the teams that are not particularly good - and they get beaten by better teams.  Just because they came in first in their division doesn't mean they're an "elite" team. Dog asked a question - and I gave my opinion.  Have they improved from last year's team? So far, no. As I said in the post - it's still early. The problem isn't us.....it's you. Take dem frigggin rose colored glasses off, dude.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

I have read my post 10 times and still can't find where I said theat the Pats were an elite team.....All I have stated were facts....and the fact is that the Pats were one of the best 4 teams in the AFC.....

NOBODY has improved over last year....so maybe you need to take your glasses out of your (*&%$$%#(&(*^%$&^%(.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Why are we not mentioned in any Brandon Marshall rumors? Is it a McDaniels wud never trade this guy to BB thing? Or is it a He's an honest to goodness head case we want no part of?.....Honestly when you watch this guy play he is as good as they come. I'm not saying he is the best WR in the league but in my opinion he is the most complete. I havent see a WR block like him in a long time. & i'm not talking about blindside crack backs.....I'm talking man to man, 1 on 1. His gae VS the pats was the 2nd best WR performance of the season only to his 21 catch game vs Indy......Why dont we get this guy. He is Wes Welker, Randy Moss & Hines Ward rolled into 1....with a pacman jones brain though :(

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Stating who the 4 best teams in the conference were last year is subjective, and I am willing to argue that simply because a team wins a division does not necessarily make the case that they are one of the 4 best (which is how I assume you came to your conclusion- am I right?). 

In fact, by the standards of many on this board (correct or not), the only thing that matters is postseason success.  Those who abide by these standards can place the Pats at 5th or 6th in the division, at best. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

seanblaze - There was plenty of media speculation that Belichick may have been the one to publicly leak the subsequently kibashed Cutler/Cassell deal.  Who knows. 

But I will say this, McDaniels reaction when the Broncs beat the pats was the most outrageous display I may have ever seen by a coach.  Something triggered that and it wasn't just the win. 

If there is any truth to this theory (and even if there isn't but McDaniels believes Belichick is the culprit), then I would not expect the Pats to be involved in the B Marshall sweepstakes if one exists.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Stating who the 4 best teams in the conference were last year is subjective, and I am willing to argue that simply because a team wins a division does not necessarily make the case that they are one of the 4 best (which is how I assume you came to your conclusion- am I right?).  In fact, by the standards of many on this board (correct or not), the only thing that matters is postseason success.  Those who abide by these standards can place the Pats at 5th or 6th in the division, at best. 
    Posted by underdoggg

There are a few ways of determining that they were the top 4 teams in the AFC...they were one of the 6 teams that went to the playoffs and they were in the top 4 records of those 6.  The Pats had the best point differential in the AFC....#2 in points for and #3 in Points against.

LOL!  I find it funny that a Colt fan, who is subject to post season failure quite often, is subjecting himself to such a simple minded stat.....You should know by now that postseason stats does not determine how good a team is...it is that and how they respond to the post season pressure...it is the entire season as awhole that helps determine how good a team is.....Nice try.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

seanblaze - There was plenty of media speculation that Belichick may have been the one to publicly leak the subsequently kibashed Cutler/Cassell deal.  Who knows.  But I will say this, McDaniels reaction when the Broncs beat the pats was the most outrageous display I may have ever seen by a coach.  Something triggered that and it wasn't just the win.  If there is any truth to this theory (and even if there isn't but McDaniels believes Belichick is the culprit), then I would not expect the Pats to be involved in the B Marshall sweepstakes if one exists.  
    Posted by underdoggg

It was the mentor beating the master display.....I saw a similar display when Man-boobs beat us.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

M10 - first isn't the student and the master? 

Anyway, I get your gist and I say "no way".  If there is respect between the two, then that display, in that way, does not happen.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

M10 - first isn't the student and the master?  Anyway, I get your gist and I say "no way".  If there is respect between the two, then that display, in that way, does not happen.  
    Posted by underdoggg

Yes, student and master.....

And both Belichick and Mcdaniels have expressed that there are no hard feelings....otherwise they wouldn't have made trades in the past to each other.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Dogg-you do make some valid points about many posts centered around "rebuilding" and that the pats are not an elite team at this point, however when talking about Payton/Tom the the conversation always ends the same...

Tom Brady + 3 superbowl rings + numerous playoff game winning drives = clutch

Payton Manning + 1 superbowl ring + numerous playoff big play moment failures = choke.

Really dogg, put your heart aside and tell me how this is disputable?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

"TCal - I am sure you would like me to widen my sample size so that it softens how one might critically view the current pats.  But if I add more years, then I have to ask where do I stop before "current" is no longer "current"."

You don't have to widen anything.  The Patriots and Tom Brady have already been selected Team and QB of the decade.  So no one really care how you try to rationalize a bigger choke then the 04 Yankees.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

hotblitz - you must be talking about the brady that was carried by his defense, but when the onus has been squarely on him he has yet to produce.  Is that the Brady you are talking about?  Ok enough.  Brady is awesome and has clearly had more success than Manning, but wouldn't you like to see him finally do it when when it is his team, not Bruschi's or Mcginest'ss or Law's, Seymour's, Vrabel's, etc.  They are all now gone and Brady has the weapons and yet (like manning of the past) has yet to produce. 

Manning is still producing without the dominant defense that Brady benefitted from, but Brady seems to be struggling without his. 

Tcal - I wasn't the one complained about sample size, you did.  As for Tom Brady being QB of the decade, I am not sure where you got that.  3 to 1 sb does not overcome 4 to 1 MVP's.  I've heard the team of the decade thing.  But again, most of that comes from the first half of the decade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Dogggggg, You just turned a 15 post thread into 67+ posts. You have to be on the Payroll For BDC. I'm inspired and ready to start up a Colts Choke thread. Let the Games Begin.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Dogg-I'm pretty sure that was Brady wearing #12 for the Pats when they played the Rams and he lead the troops on that fatefull superbowl winning drive. I'm also pretty sure that was him  that earned Super Bowl MVP honors after completing 32 of 48 passes for 354 yards and three touchdowns … Completed four of five passes in the final 1:08 to lead the Patriots on a Super Bowl-winning drive.

Since you like to point out how his 4 mvp rings trumps Brady's 3 superbowl rings maybe you should go ask horseface if he'd trade those in for just 1 more super bowl win..

Bottom line= It's all about being clutch in the biggest moments. I'll take Brady with the game on the line late in the 4th quarter without question.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

WW will never be the same guy again , never. A receiver coming back from reconstruction surgery , ACL/MCL at that , sorry , but their never the same. Im a physical therapist , this is actually what I do for a living. I work with regular people , athletes etc coming back from terrible injries like these all the time. Rehabing back from injuries like these is extremely hard , Im talking life changing hard. It will take a full year , sometimes longer for him to be back to his NEW 100% , which will most likely be around 75-80% of what he was. WW was never a speed guy , he would always rely on his instincts , his quickness , footwork and his awareness etc. It was never about talent for him. And one of the worst things you can do while rehabbing from a ACL/MCL is quick/sudden movements , hed have to wait a long time before he REALLY starts to train for a season. Sure he'll be back in late '10 , but I would seriously lower my expections , I see him at about 60% if he comes back this year. The PATS really have to start to think about a new rec. corp. Moss has been my favorite football player since I saw him tear up Ball St. in college for 5 TDs , but he only has 2/3 years lest of elite play left in him. He can play until hes 36-37 , but in terms of being a top 5 rec. he has 2-3 more years left. And I really believe WW will never be the same. We have a top 5 QB all time , it'd be a shame if we didnt do everything possible to surround him with the talent he deserves. Thats why Ive been screaming about Marshall , 26 and in his prime. Hes a top 5 rec that has a skill set like no other , for a first hes a steal. And he'd fit in great here , we have needed someone who can play the X position for years , someone who we really can depend on. Moss at flanker , Marshall at the X , Edelman in the slot...could be great , best in the league great.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

Under if you think Welker will be back by mid season  DONT Better plan on not seeing him all year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Ok ok - I am not interested in once again sharing my opinion of Brady's distant past.  My views are well known.  Besides, having either Brady or Manning (which each of our teams does) is a positive thing. 

But I'll end with this, if Brady was SO special in those superbowl years (by the way there was one superbowl where he was lights out), why didn't he also win the MVP then?  Its because he wasn't the best QB.  Its because his defense was lights out ALWAYS.  Its because he had and used that luxury which Manning has historically not had.  Most recently we've seen how the pats and Brady have done without a dominant defense, and it looks very similar to the colts. 

Hats off to the pats org for putting together the entire package for 5-6 years straight. 

Max - I have no idea what you said.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

hotblitz - you must be talking about the brady that was carried by his defense, but when the onus has been squarely on him he has yet to produce.  Is that the Brady you are talking about?  Ok enough.  Brady is awesome and has clearly had more success than Manning, but wouldn't you like to see him finally do it when when it is his team, not Bruschi's or Mcginest'ss or Law's, Seymour's, Vrabel's, etc.  They are all now gone and Brady has the weapons and yet (like manning of the past) has yet to produce.  Manning is still producing without the dominant defense that Brady benefitted from, but Brady seems to be struggling without his.  Tcal - I wasn't the one complained about sample size, you did.  As for Tom Brady being QB of the decade, I am not sure where you got that.  3 to 1 sb does not overcome 4 to 1 MVP's.  I've heard the team of the decade thing.  But again, most of that comes from the first half of the decade.
    Posted by underdoggg

HA, Underdogged still at the same time wasting techinique. Brady won 3 superbowls bud. He was the mvp of 2 of them and should have been 3x mvp considering he was the reason Branch was able to catch 11 balls and tie Jerry Rices record( see what Branch has done since)

Do you realize how foolish you sound when you try and say Brady was carried by his defense. Not even Jet fans believe that.

Also remember Brady led the 2007 team to a game winning drive but the defense couldn't hang on. He would have been 4x Superbowl Champ 3x MVP. He did what he had to when the game was on the line, unlike your guy Manning who chokes!

Good Talk!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Ok ok - I am not interested in once again sharing my opinion of Brady's distant past.  My views are well known.  Besides, having either Brady or Manning (which each of our teams does) is a positive thing.  But I'll end with this, if Brady was SO special in those superbowl years (by the way there was one superbowl where he was lights out), why didn't he also win the MVP then?  Its because he wasn't the best QB.  Its because his defense was lights out ALWAYS.  Its because he had and used that luxury which Manning has historically not had.  Most recently we've seen how the pats and Brady have done without a dominant defense, and it looks very similar to the colts.  Hats off to the pats org for putting together the entire package for 5-6 years straight.  Max - I have no idea what you said.
    Posted by underdoggg

Didn't your Colts team have the "lights out" defense last year when they were near the top in points allowed. How did that work out for you? Manning is not a clutch QB. He gets flustered when the fit hits the shan. Brady has ice water in his veins and will probably go down as the greatest post season QB ever!  Not to mention he has the highest winning % of any QB ever.....oh but that was because of his AMAZING defense. How many hall of famers did the 2000 Pats have on defense????? I would vote for Rodney, Law and Mcginest but Law will probably be the only one to get in! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

TC - LOL

Listen, I am not disparaging brady, you just seem to want me to throw him on a pedastal that is currently occupied.  By the way, how old is that picture you are using?

And by bringing up the defense, all I am trying to say it is just as responsible for the patriots superbowl seasons as Brady.  Look at the stats:

in 01 - the pats turned over Pit and Stl - 7 times.  Brady in those 2 games was responsible for 12 of 44 points.  Tell me he's the reason they won those games.

in 03 - against TN he played well in the first and then was awful the rest of the game.  he completed one pass on the final drive to give Vin an opp to win the game which he did with an FG.  Indy turned the ball over 5 times in the AFCCG - that's not Brady.  Brady did have a good game against Carolina in the SB, but again relied on Vinateri to win it and wasn't behind on the game winning drive (a nice luxury). 

in 04 - the pats defense turned opponents offenses over 11 times in the playoffs and the offense rushed for 450 yds in 3 games. 

Brady is great.  Along with Manning the best in the last 10 years, but you guys do not give enough credit to your defense for your superbowl runs. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

TC - LOL Listen, I am not disparaging brady, you just seem to want me to throw him on a pedastal that is currently occupied.  By the way, how old is that picture you are using? And by bringing up the defense, all I am trying to say it is just as responsible for the patriots superbowl seasons as Brady.  Look at the stats: in 01 - the pats turned over Pit and Stl - 7 times.  Brady in those 2 games was responsible for 12 of 44 points.  Tell me he's the reason they won those games. in 03 - against TN he played well in the first and then was awful the rest of the game.  he completed one pass on the final drive to give Vin an opp to win the game which he did with an FG.  Indy turned the ball over 5 times in the AFCCG - that's not Brady.  Brady did have a good game against Carolina in the SB, but again relied on Vinateri to win it and wasn't behind on the game winning drive (a nice luxury).  in 04 - the pats defense turned opponents offenses over 11 times in the playoffs and the offense rushed for 450 yds in 3 games.  Brady is great.  Along with Manning the best in the last 10 years, but you guys do not give enough credit to your defense for your superbowl runs. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Brady missed half of the Pitt game with an injury...But I guess that didn't figureinto your calculation.... and the Rams game, the defense almost lost the game for us, if Brady didn't lead the comeback so Adam V could kick the clincher, we wouldn't be talking about 2001.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

UD -- why are you back???

Re: Brady, this year will test him.  He is a great decision maker on the field and has shown that throughout his career.  But having guys like Welker and Moss can lull one into a false sense of security.  If Moss is gone (as some suggest), Watson is gone, and Welker is not back until mid-season, there is no continuity or experience or trust in the receiving corps.  This year for Brady may be like last year was for Manning.

BTW.. Brady won 3 SB's with Welker and Moss... I don't think this is going to be the Pats problem.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Doggg..... 11 fans at the airport.  that's just all there is to say. 

Sections
Shortcuts