ESPN Rumors - Welker Replacement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Re: ESPN Rumors - Welker Replacement

The Jets are opening a new stadium, they aren't selling out seats, they've just reduced prices on club seats. They couln't have picked a worse time to open a new stadium.  They want some big names on the team to try and lure more people in. LT is one of the big names,whether or not he will live up to it remains to be seen.  Wait till he freezes his butt off in NJ, NE, Buffalo.Pittsburg, Denver Green Bay!! Let the whining begin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ooomunga. Show ooomunga's posts

we need to get Elvis Dumervil. We need an OLB in the draft, and we most likely will get one in the first round. Now, we still can get a young OLB in free agency like Elvis Dumervil. we can give up a first and a third. elvis has been in the league for 4 years, and already has over 40 sacks. This keeps us from "guessing" at the draft and end up with backup players all the time. BB should consider. I mean, the Broncos & Pats have made moves with each other in the past, and Josh McDaniels would love a first and third rounder!!! Smile

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

We are not getting Dumerville.  Please make suggestions that are atleast remotely realistic.  We are not going to give up a 1st and 3rd, which we dont have, then pay a HUGE contract.  That is just a waste of space. And I wont even touch that he is too short etc
    We do need the OLBs, that I can agree with. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Rumors - Welker Replacement:
    In Response to Re: ESPN Rumors - Welker Replacement : dogg...sup?  happy off season to ya. Don't expect much...'til this point. Still early in pre-season, y'now?  However, that being said....our major problems still haven't been addressed - so, until they are - expecting the same ol' same ol' for next season. In other words, a second tier team at best.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

I hate having a second tier team that finished first in the division and is in a rebuilding year......that is sucky!  

Wow you people are pathetic.... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

The more I read from you guys the more I wonder whether to expect anything from this team next year.  Brady may have to develop an entirely new receiver corps (which IMO is not his forte - but the basis for my opinion may be suspect).   The running game is not as strong as it has been in prior years.   Many of you bash the o-line.    The defense may have enough of a core (wilfork, warren, mayo, merriweather) to build from, but they had that last year, and weren't highly effective.  Belichick, imo, does not really like rookies but has not made significant plays in FA.  What are pats fans expecting next year at this point of the offseason?  Could the pats be exploring trades with picks?  I know it is easy to bash the Jets, but their moves seem to make sense, and it appears that they are building while the pats sit. 
    Posted by underdoggg

"What are Pats fans expecting next year at this point in the off season?" WELL, I expect that YOU will still be on our board 24/7 trying to raise any issue that YOU think will engender controversy among Pats Fans. That is what I think. But, Hey Dogg it is a legitimate question. I have one for you. Do you think your team will be effected by the "Lost The Super Bowl Syndrome"? As I am sure you know, almost all of the losers of a Super Bowl have fallen off the following season, with the overwhelming majority not even making the play-offs the following season. Are your ponies immune to this phenomenon?????????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Mordecai - Strangely enough, I think you are correct about Brady.  Never would have said that before, but I think Brady has become too reliant on Moss and Welker.  Were the 3rd receiver and TE that bad or were they just not targets?

M10 - yep, Brady really developed Moss & Welker.  They were nothing before Brady.  LOL.  By developing receivers, I mean helping them learn a system and helping them become NFL level receivers.  As for Jones, I don't think he was willing to play the back up role after having the season he did, do you?  LT on the other hand is willing and able.

Encin - choking problem - LOL.  If only the pats had had the same success as the colts over the last 5 years you wouldn't be so jealous.  The great thing for me as a colts fan is that the colts are still acheiving in the here and now, while the pats appear to be looking to the future.     

Bradley - Why the bs preamble if I asked a legitimate question?  And if it is a legitimate question, how come you did not answer it?  Reality bites?  Being the nice guy I am, however, I will answer yours - I don't anticipate the colts having a problem next year, but anything is possible.  Frequently, superbowl teams have a lot of dissention after the season.  Players with contracts up (or not) believing they deserve to be paid.  The colts are in a good position from that standpoint, so I don't expect personnel issues.  They have some personnel issues, but not personnel contract issues.  As for whether or not the colts will make the playoffs.  Name 5 teams today that you believe will be better than the colts next year and why.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Baron - As the reigning AFC Champions, the question should be, do they really need to improve?  Yes, they were beaten in the Superbowl, but I can apply the "any given Sunday" theory if need be.  They won every other game they tried to win last year.  But that said, yes they need to improve.  I'd say defensively on the interior line, possibly at LB, and at the oline.  Remember, however, that the colts were the second most injured team in the NFL last year and still made their run.  Those injuries included 4 starters (3 in the secondary and one LB).  They also dropped a starter on the interior D line.  Finally, Freeney's injury prior to the SB did not help.  But here is how the colts will improve.  2 rookie CB's now have a year under their belt.  Bob Sanders will be back.  Tyjuan Hagler will be back.  The back end of their D will be phenomenal.  The colts must continue to pursue players that can effect the interior of the defensive front.  They were better last year, but not great.  On Offense, the colts will be better at the skill positions because Collie and Garcon will be better and Gonzalez will be back or dealt.  Donald Brown will have a year under his belt and Mike Hart will get a shot at RB (imo).  The colts do need to figure out their oline, and they will.  They just let go of Ryan Lilja (RT) and have to figure out their LT situation, but I am not overly concerned about that. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Cold Hard Football Facts ranked the teams last year and they were way down on the Colts defensively. A quiet academic reflection on 2009, http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3168_A_quiet_academic_reflection_on_2009.html, showed the Colts down on the Defensive Hogs Index. As you said an interior lineman would help you although you can see with the new wuss rules its not that important to stuff the run anymore. The Colts will probably address that in the second round. "Indianapolis finished the year a dreadful No. 30 in DHI (ahead of only the woeful Lions and Rams) – No. 19 against the run (4.33 YPA), No. 25 forcing Negative Pass Plays (8.10%) and No. 31 on third downs (45.02%)". 

The real problem with your team is that even with Freeney and Mathis the Colts aren't defending the pass well enough. Some of that comes from the rookie corners but its mostly from pass rushing and your team is last in third down defensive conversion. If its third down its about to be first down. Indy has the bend but don't break thing down well but at some point all those yards they're giving up have to translate to points. Freeney and Mathis don't seem to be as good in coverage as they don't have the pass defensed and INT production of comparable sack artists. Maybe they're just pass rushers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Rumors - Welker Replacement : THE COLTS ARE STOCKED WITH GOOD PLAYERS! 
    Posted by RonF

The Colts are stacked with good players that last season: "Indianapolis finished the year a dreadful No. 30 in DHI (ahead of only the woeful Lions and Rams) – No. 19 against the run (4.33 YPA), No. 25 forcing Negative Pass Plays (8.10%) and No. 31 on third downs (45.02%)." Cold Hard Football Facts

If they're stacked with good players like you're saying than they are underachieving like crazy. Worst in the league in defensive third down - BUT THEY'RE STACKED I TELL YOU!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Baron - As the reigning AFC Champions, the question should be, do they really need to improve?  ...Bob Sanders will be back... 
    Posted by underdoggg

While I do not doubt the Colts will be once again a team to be reckoned with, I wouldn't be counting on Bob Sanders to do anything, except get hurt.  He's exceptionally adept at that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Mordecai - Strangely enough, I think you are correct about Brady.  Never would have said that before, but I think Brady has become too reliant on Moss and Welker.  Were the 3rd receiver and TE that bad or were they just not targets? M10 - yep, Brady really developed Moss & Welker.  They were nothing before Brady.  LOL.  By developing receivers, I mean helping them learn a system and helping them become NFL level receivers.  As for Jones, I don't think he was willing to play the back up role after having the season he did, do you?  LT on the other hand is willing and able. Encin - choking problem - LOL.  If only the pats had had the same success as the colts over the last 5 years you wouldn't be so jealous.  The great thing for me as a colts fan is that the colts are still acheiving in the here and now, while the pats appear to be looking to the future.      Bradley - Why the bs preamble if I asked a legitimate question?  And if it is a legitimate question, how come you did not answer it?  Reality bites?  Being the nice guy I am, however, I will answer yours - I don't anticipate the colts having a problem next year, but anything is possible.  Frequently, superbowl teams have a lot of dissention after the season.  Players with contracts up (or not) believing they deserve to be paid.  The colts are in a good position from that standpoint, so I don't expect personnel issues.  They have some personnel issues, but not personnel contract issues.  As for whether or not the colts will make the playoffs.  Name 5 teams today that you believe will be better than the colts next year and why.
    Posted by underdoggg

What bs preamble Dogg????? You are on this board 24/7, why would that be any different next year?  You do make every effort to raise issues on our board that will cause controversy among our posting fans. That is what trolls do...even chummy ones like you.  I am sure you get a buzz out of it...just like I got a buzz out of another choke by your boy manning in the Super bowl....too bad Rex wasn't there to bail him out again in the big game. We lost to the Gints in the Super bowl and came back with a stacked team as well and did not make the playoffs....why would your ponies be any different???  I think if the ball bounces a little differently this coming season and you do not get the breaks on the four or five near misses you won on last year...it could be very different for your team. We lucked out in the first Bills game last season..saw it again on NFL Network the other night. It is kind of unusual to be as lucky in close games two years in a row. BTW, I am not referring to the calls, etc. We were very lucky in several games to go 18-1 two seasons ago. Your team last year went 16-3. Believe me, with all of the nervous Nellies on this board, we wouldn't be as confident as you seem to be...especially with our schedule next season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Mordecai - Strangely enough, I think you are correct about Brady.  Never would have said that before, but I think Brady has become too reliant on Moss and Welker.  Were the 3rd receiver and TE that bad or were they just not targets? M10 - yep, Brady really developed Moss & Welker.  They were nothing before Brady.  LOL.  By developing receivers, I mean helping them learn a system and helping them become NFL level receivers.  As for Jones, I don't think he was willing to play the back up role after having the season he did, do you?  LT on the other hand is willing and able. Encin - choking problem - LOL.  If only the pats had had the same success as the colts over the last 5 years you wouldn't be so jealous.  The great thing for me as a colts fan is that the colts are still acheiving in the here and now, while the pats appear to be looking to the future.      Bradley - Why the bs preamble if I asked a legitimate question?  And if it is a legitimate question, how come you did not answer it?  Reality bites?  Being the nice guy I am, however, I will answer yours - I don't anticipate the colts having a problem next year, but anything is possible.  Frequently, superbowl teams have a lot of dissention after the season.  Players with contracts up (or not) believing they deserve to be paid.  The colts are in a good position from that standpoint, so I don't expect personnel issues.  They have some personnel issues, but not personnel contract issues.  As for whether or not the colts will make the playoffs.  Name 5 teams today that you believe will be better than the colts next year and why.
    Posted by underdoggg

OOpps! Don't want to be accused of avoiding one of your hard ball questions.
    Do you want 5 teams from the league or only the AFC????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

When is ESPN not reporting stupid rumors? I swear they make the stuff up themselves just to have something to talk about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Mordecai - Strangely enough, I think you are correct about Brady.  Never would have said that before, but I think Brady has become too reliant on Moss and Welker.  Were the 3rd receiver and TE that bad or were they just not targets?  I agree with this, but more Moss than Welker.

M10 - yep, Brady really developed Moss & Welker.  They were nothing before Brady.  LOL.  By developing receivers, I mean helping them learn a system and helping them become NFL level receivers.  As for Jones, I don't think he was willing to play the back up role after having the season he did, do you?  LT on the other hand is willing and able.

Brady does not develop the receivers, that is the Receiver coach's job.. The QB may work with the receivers to get a chemestry and understanding.....But the QB does not develop the receivers......that is a good one....

And Welker was not a someone before he came to the Pats....he was ok, but not the Star that he is today.  Moss was on a downward spin before he came to the Pats and re-vived his career.
    Posted by underdoggg

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

MUZZY - you are absolutely right about Sanders which is why we will still have Melvin Bullitt ready to go.  I'd almost like to see the colts trade sanders, but I am not sure they'd get any value for him. 

Bradley - I have posted maybe 3 times since the superbowl.  And that was in the last week.  So your 24/7 comment is incorrect, particularly recently.  I can't answer why the pats didn't make it the year after their 07 loss.  Certainly Brady is the issue, but the sched was not too difficult and the division in the AFC E was weak.  Guess that shows how the team went 11-5.  I don't know (as I said) that the colts will be different, but there is no reason to think they won't go to the playoffs.  The 5 teams would be AFC and actually it should be 6 teams. 

Russ - there are so many fallacies in your attempt to be humorous that you've only served to identify yourself as the 5 year old of which you speak.  Popsicle, kiddo?

Baron - Stats are such (particularly CHFF's) that you can almost always find what you need to tell you what you want.  If you were to consider only these stats in the most team of sports, you'd never think the colts were the AFC's rep for the SB, but they were.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

M10 - Welker is a stud, and I think he even would be in the absence of Moss (although not quite as much).  Moss is that great of a decoy and Welker is his perfect compliment. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

M10 - Welker is a stud, and I think he even would be in the absence of Moss (although not quite as much).  Moss is that great of a decoy and Welker is his perfect compliment. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Wow..This is a lot of posts UD..You've been trying to stay away since the Colts blew the Superbowl but the Jones was just too strong. This is got to be like like a shot of smooth Bourbon after 3 months on the wagon. Welcome back, the first drinks on me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Posted by underdoggg

Right, with Tom Brady throwing to them.....especially Welker in the Pats system.  Moss has had success elsewhere with QB's like Cunningham.....put him on the Raiders and he is mediocre.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

EDELMAN, ehhhh?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Dogg none of which you mention included how to figure out your QB choking problem....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

E - thanks for the kind words.  HB - my choking QB has had greater success in the last 5 years than yours.  How do you explain that?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I hacked into ESPNs servers and found this script.

<<<<Post daily=Yes
           Verify=No
           Run Script=Yes  
       {insert team name here} is looking for a reciever.
       {insert team name here} is looking for a linebacker.
       {insert team name here} is looking for a quaterback.
    Loop=Yes />>>>

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

E - thanks for the kind words.  HB - my choking QB has had greater success in the last 5 years than yours.  How do you explain that?
    Posted by underdoggg

What a convenient sample size.  That's even pathetic for a troll.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

HB - my choking QB has had greater success in the last 5 years than yours.  How do you explain that?
    Posted by underdoggg

He has been in the league longer than ours and has had less success.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Somehow a discussion about team has devolved into an attack on Peyton Manning.  Imagine that. 

TCal - I am sure you would like me to widen my sample size so that it softens how one might critically view the current pats.  But if I add more years, then I have to ask where do I stop before "current" is no longer "current". 

If the pats had a feel like they were simply "restocking" on the fly, then maybe we could lump the current pats in with that former history, but I have read too many posts about rebuilding and about how the pats are not now what they once were. 

Further, too many faces have changed.  Again, if the team were restocking on the fly (for example - when the pats brought in Welker and Moss, that was restocking on the fly), then I'd say ok, but the "new" pats don't have the swagger or generate the fear the old pats did. 

It is entirely possible that I could be proved wrong, and the Pats could surprise this year, but from an outsiders perspective the current pats don't feel anything like the former pats.