ESPN said it...again!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

ESPN said it...again!

Heard it just this morning....  ESPN, with probably some urging from NY driven media types and folks, said the words..   "Will it be an all NY Super Bowl?".  If I recall correctly, the same words were said about this same time last season and both teams went into a mid-season swoon.  What is it about NY teams and the media that fawns all over them no matter what they may have won or not?  Gotta create discussion, right?  and.... IT WORKED!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: ESPN said it...again!

What's worse:

I was watching PTI yesterday and about the fourth heading down was...wait for it: SPYGATE! And it's almost November 2010.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I would post my opinion of ESPN and the NY media however the forum monitors do not permit that kind of descriptive diatribe.  Suffice it to say @#$##$%%* ESPN.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN said it...again!:
    I would post my opinion of ESPN and the NY media however the forum monitors do not permit that kind of descriptive diatribe.  Suffice it to say @#$##$%%* ESPN.
    Posted by ATJ

My thoughts summed up exactly.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonMuscle. Show BostonMuscle's posts

Im glad im from everywhere else...thank god!!! In terms of a NY superbowl, it will never happen. The jest have a way of blowing it and its still 40 years and counting

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from drewstacy12. Show drewstacy12's posts

A New York vs New York Super Bowl would be Gigantic in terms of ratings!It's New York!For those of you that can't understand that well I can sit here all day trying to explain it but sadly I'm afraid you'd never get it. You see in the United States you are either from New York or everywhere else. Welcome to everywhere else gang. I'm glad Spygate is still such a hot subject.That ugly and disgusting fiasco could have been avoided completely but sombody's arrogance and ego got in the way thinking that he was bigger then the game itself.Now the pats organization will be forever tarnished in the eyes of sports fans everywhere. Nice job BB.
    Posted by MasterHess-

Thats why you use Boston.com as a blog/post site. Congrats you are an idiot and will be forever tarnished for opening your mouth and waisting our time and precious oxygen. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Here's what I read in the responses:

I am from Boston and I am jealous of New York. 

We will never live down spygate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

A New York vs New York Super Bowl would be Gigantic in terms of ratings!It's New York!For those of you that can't understand that well I can sit here all day trying to explain it but sadly I'm afraid you'd never get it. You see in the United States you are either from New York or everywhere else. Welcome to everywhere else gang. I'm glad Spygate is still such a hot subject.That ugly and disgusting fiasco could have been avoided completely but sombody's arrogance and ego got in the way thinking that he was bigger then the game itself.Now the pats organization will be forever tarnished in the eyes of sports fans everywhere. Nice job BB.
    Posted by MasterHess-

(: LEON HOSS~

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

stupid...premature...and pezz, good pic of Leon

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBrain3. Show TheBrain3's posts

MasterHess & Indylove,

Is it the three super bowl championships in 4 years that get under your skin or is it the mere fact that the Patriots have been an obstacle in your path to the playoffs or super bowl that really gets you. Indy has at least won a super bowl in the last decade (although they completely blew it last year which is another reason that I would take Brady any day over Manning), the Jets haven't won a super bowl since the 60's. Glad the trolls like to come onto Boston.com and share their opinions.

The Jests and Pony's should worry more about the next time they face the Pats than a fictional NY vs. NY super bowl. Besides, everyone knows the best team in NY wears blue, not green.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Here's what I read from an inbred, rural Indiana native:

I am a Colts fan and jealous the New England Patriots upstaged my Colts to the tune of 3 SB rings to 1 this past decade.

So, I post at the Boston Globe messageboard, daily, in order to deal with my embittered feelings to all things Patriots.  If I don't do this, our family's inbreeding habits will just be worse than what they already are to this point.  Forgive my lower IQ, for it's not my fault.

It doesn't matter if a witch hunt coined "Spygate", that tosses words around like "cheat", doesn't make any sense. I use the term to make myself feel better.

I'll never be able to explain how the location of any filming provides an advantage, because I don't have to.  The media attacked the Patriots for 6 months leaving out facts and context so I could have a platform to work from as a jealous fan of New England. Call it my own personal witch hunt in order to justify my own team's failures against superior competition, across the board.

In fact, I am so jealous and annoyed at the best run organization in sports, I'll continue to pretend an intern with a camera in a differing location, is the reason why Gomer Manning would play poorly in the playoffs every year, now only being a .500 playoff QB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Rusty - You might have something if you had written this 4 years ago.  Now, BDC is simply my board home.  I know some don't care for me here.  In keeping with your old moniker - maybe I am cousin Eddie.  Always around.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Here's what I read in the responses: I am from Boston and I am jealous of New York.  We will never live down spygate.
    Posted by Indylove

What could anyone from Boston possibly be jealous of in NYC? It's closeness to the swamps of NJ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Evil - I hear ya.  I don't get it but clearly its there. 

Look - NY is the media capital and the largest media market in the country.  The Jets were an AFC preseason favorite and are tied for the best record in the entire league.  You'd be hard pressed to find a team playing better in the NFC than the Giants.  Agreed?  So the question is understandable. 

Is it premature?  Without a doubt, but I am betting there are also some pats fans thinking, as of today, that the pats have a strong chance at the Superbowl.  And, I'll bet that pats fans wouldn't be all that upset if media outlets asked today whether or not a patriot superbowl was possible.

Would I love to see more colts talk on ESPN or NFL Network or other major sports media outlets?  You bet.  But Indianapolis isn't t THE media hub.  At least you have ESPN Boston.  

Quit worrying about the media's take on things, unless they are telling lies.      

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN said it...again! : What could anyone from Boston possibly be jealous of in NYC? It's closeness to the swamps of NJ?
    Posted by Evil2010

This is what I always chuckle at, Evil.

As if 'd rather hang out in NY than Boston?  Gee, expense, crowded streets, hard to get around, extreme elitism, etc?

Or, basically, the total opposite?  Yes, I hate a city that is more walkable/asier to get around in, less crowded, less expensive than NY, has great bars and restaurants, etc, etc, etc.

Sort of a no brainer. I find it funny NYers think we are jealous of them.  I never understood this.

I find it even funnier that people from rural America, like IndyDrip, thinks this is true.

Boston is like an upgraded version of everything that NY has. 

I am glad ESPN is riding the Jets/Giants jock in October. Love it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Evil - I hear ya.  I don't get it but clearly its there.  Look - NY is the media capital and the largest media market in the country.  The Jets were an AFC preseason favorite and are tied for the best record in the entire league.  You'd be hard pressed to find a team playing better in the NFC than the Giants.  Agreed?  So the question is understandable.  Is it premature?  Without a doubt, but I am betting there are also some pats fans thinking, as of today, that the pats have a strong chance at the Superbowl.  And, I'll bet that pats fans wouldn't be all that upset if media outlets asked today whether or not a patriot superbowl was possible. Would I love to see more colts talk on ESPN or NFL Network or other major sports media outlets?  You bet.  But Indianapolis isn't t THE media hub.  At least you have ESPN Boston.   Quit worrying about the media's take on things, unless they are telling lies.      
    Posted by Indylove

If there was more of a demand in Indiana, you'd have it.

Boston is 550,000 people, proper. NY is like 14 million. 

Obviously, a demand at 550K compared to a city of 14 million is impressive.

How big is Indianapolis? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN said it...again! : If there was more of a demand in Indiana, you'd have it. Boston is 550,000 people, proper. NY is like 14 million.  Obviously, a demand at 550K compared to a city of 14 million is impressive. How big is Indianapolis? 
    Posted by BBReigns

You do not want to get into the population arguement with me again.  I have already corrected you once.  Thankfully, you listened, which is a task for you, and now have your stats generally correct.  But, you are attempting to oversell Boston's "media demand" (your words) by underselling the size of the Boston media market (which I define by their MSA). 

Boston's MSA is 10th in the US at 4.5 million.  That is big.  Only NY, LA, and Chicago are substantially larger.

Indy - is 34th @ 1.7 mill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_United_States_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Posted by MasterHess-

You're an idiot.  I left there twenty two years ago and never looked back.  How can you live there with all that traffic and all those people breathing down your neck?  There's no privacy, just anonymity and there is all that trash on the highways.  Ugh... 

My employer there used to give us tickets to YETS football games at Giants Stadium in Jersey. I lived on Long island.  You had to leave for the game at like 10:00 AM. or you weren't going to make kickoff at 4:00 PM.. You could follow all the empty liquor bottles into the stadium. I bet you still can. Not really a good sign for family entertainment.  After the game was over, it took what seemed like a month to get out of there and get home. The there's the very expensive tolls to cross any bridge or go through any tunnel. What are they up to now $5.00 one way? $7.00? $10.00?

Nobody wants to be from New York except for the clowns like you who live there in despair, trying to cheer yourself up by talking about how great it is.  It's terrible. It's sort of a weird advertisement how not to develop a region but rather how to create total chaos..  Drive on the L.I Expressway and what do you see?  Nothing but walls to keep the highways noise out of the so-called suburban neighborhoods.  It wasn't that way when I grew up. What is that road now something like six lanes in one direction, with one being an HOV lane and yet traffic is still moving at the rapid clip of five to fiftenn MPH? Yes sir it is indeed.

The only thing that's good about New York is the pizza and I can give that up for some quiet, some trees and fields to look at, a thirty minute commute to work as opposed to the standard one hour commute on six lane highways, (three lanes in each direction when I was there), moving at five to fifteen MPH, one way from Nassau county to Brooklyn and then Brooklyn to Nassau county, a ride of some fifteen to twenty miles if it was that. If there was any hiccough in the standard slow commute, it could take two, three or six hours, which it once did. That is not a quality life. 

You can have New York and everything around it in a radius fifty miles wide.  It's nothing but concrete, asphalt and brick and folks like you who want so bad to convince us how great it is to live there. I'll take New England every time. At least you can breathe here and our football team is so much better than yours.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

You can get great "NY Style" pizza in Boston.  Italians didn't just make great pizza (more accessible to the masses) in only NY after World War II.

Boston is clearly a higher quality of living than NY.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

But its still NY style pizza - not Boston style Pizza.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobo354. Show bobo354's posts

The only thing good about New York, is you have to go through it to get to PARADISE----New England

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Posted by Indylove

I lived in Mass for almost 30 years, I don't ever recall anybody referring to it as NY style pizza there.  Chicago style, yes, for deep dish, but not NY.  But maybe that's changed, I don't live there anymore.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Posted by Indylove

That's fine. Frankly, I don't care.

It's thin crust style or NY Style and the thin crust you get in the North End or really in a lot of mom and pop shops around the New England area can come close or flat out rival NY's best places.

NY just has more and has a larger population.

Again, we all think it's funny you think a style of pizza is named after New York.

Could care less. It's the best pizza and the only pizza. Thank you.

Sections
Shortcuts