ESPN says "Table is set for Payton Mannin"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

ESPN says "Table is set for Payton Mannin"

Analyst after analys today stoked and fawning over Payton and his monster season breaking Brady's TD record and all. Wonder why the Patriots should even suit up after yesterday. Should they just concede and start vacation early? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: ESPN says

weren't they placing Denver  like #6 in power rankings last week?.....hype......I hope the refs don't carry this sham through the playoffs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Ha! Jaws is a Manning Fan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

When Brady put up 50 TDs the buzz was "He's running up the score" with manning he's achieved God like status. I guess you need to speak with a twang to be loved by the country. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Thats what scares me...like 2006 when league had games fixed for him to win SB...the year Colts did not have a single PI call against them, and every time they needed a 1st he would throw long for a Harrison or Wanye flop for the automatic flag....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

pats second least penalized team in the league. If that suddenly changes in the playoffs well know. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Broncos will miss Von Miller when QB's have all day to throw against their mediocre secondary .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

First, UD is expected to profer his opinions shortly...

Second, are we surprised?  FWIW, Manning has been a media darling for ages.  Did anyone see how many pages were devoted to Manning in SI as a result of him being named Sportsman of the Year?  Never saw that for any other athlete in the past.  But, let's be honest, Brady gets his fair share, but, nowhere near as much as Manning.  It is what it is.  As I've said in the past, we have Brady, one other team has Manning, and the fan bases of 30 other teams hate these two since they are not one of their own.  Just as we don't care for Manning, but, give him his props as the stats do not lie regardless of how they were achieved.

PS - Whenever these two are mentioned by media for GoaT, notice how often some numbskull will say Brady "cheated" his way to his rings?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

"next time I go out...you know what to call"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Table is set for a one and out. Again.

They lost to 3 of the four AFC playoff teams they played during the season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"next time I go out...you know what to call"

[/QUOTE]

Fantastic

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

As far as the previous comment from AGS Bill I don't agree that Brady and  manning are both loved. The company I work for is based in Wisconsin. When the Giants beat the Packers back in 07 I figured theyd be pulling for the patriots. In a company of over 3k you'd be hard pressed for anyone that was rooting for Brady to go perfect Season. They were all jacked when Eli threw the ball up to Plaxico with his eyes closed. The NY press started the hype because of sour grapes and unfortunately it will always be Peyton no matter what. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to pymus1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When Brady put up 50 TDs the buzz was "He's running up the score" with manning he's achieved God like status. I guess you need to speak with a twang to be loved by the country. 

[/Q

or look like a doofus! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I think alot of the running up the score sentiment during Brady's 50 TD's was aimed at Belichick and the spygate controvery.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, we all know how's it gonna play out. Horseface gets the MVP, and loses the first game in the playoffs and go home for the season.

The donkos have a terrible defense. SD exposed how to beat them in Mile High, and will probably get the chance to be the team that puts the donkos out of the playoffs

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

As far as the previous comment from AGS Bill I don't agree that Brady and  manning are both loved. The company I work for is based in Wisconsin. When the Giants beat the Packers back in 07 I figured theyd be pulling for the patriots. In a company of over 3k you'd be hard pressed for anyone that was rooting for Brady to go perfect Season. They were all jacked when Eli threw the ball up to Plaxico with his eyes closed. The NY press started the hype because of sour grapes and unfortunately it will always be Peyton no matter what. 

[/QUOTE]

Pymus, read my post again....   here it is:  "As I've said in the past, we have Brady, one other team has Manning, and the fan bases of 30 other teams hate these two since they are not one of their own."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think alot of the running up the score sentiment during Brady's 50 TD's was aimed at Belichick and the spygate controvery.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

If BB isn't coaching your team, you are not apt to like him much because you would have to look a little under the surface to see what a good and very interesting guy he actually is.

He simply appears to not care at all about how he is perceived by his actions. That would be fine and dandy if his actions only affected him; but they don't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Re: ESPN says an

a one and done would be just as devastating to the people at espn as it would be  to manning. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The year Brady set the record, they lost the SB. 

I'll still take the Pats over Denver.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

a one and done would be just as devastating to the people at espn as it would be  to manning. 

[/QUOTE]

you just hit the nail on the head the-redsox-rule everyone knows that espn are a bunch of manning lovers just like espn raves about the yankees every year its complete BS

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

Analyst after analys today stoked and fawning over Payton and his monster season breaking Brady's TD record and all. Wonder why the Patriots should even suit up after yesterday. Should they just concede and start vacation early? 

[/QUOTE]

JUST LIKE THE TABLE WAS SET FOR PEYTON LAST SEASON!!! LOL!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

ESPN loves Manning and the feeling is mutual. It's the age of social media, where page views and stats tower over genuine accomplishments. 

On the other hand, you can understand some of this fawning when the Broncos go out and destroy Oakland and our team struggles mightily against the Bills and recovered a hugely fortunate amount of fumbles in order to eek out a close win.

The good news is this gets settled on the field. I don't see the Broncos winning the Super Bowl for reasons you all have already stated, but then again Peyton may never have a shot as good as this one again. For Peyton, even getting to another Super Bowl helps his disappointing postseason resume.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ESPN loves Manning and the feeling is mutual. It's the age of social media, where page views and stats tower over genuine accomplishments. 

On the other hand, you can understand some of this fawning when the Broncos go out and destroy Oakland and our team struggles mightily against the Bills and recovered a hugely fortunate amount of fumbles in order to eek out a close win.

The good news is this gets settled on the field. I don't see the Broncos winning the Super Bowl for reasons you all have already stated, but then again Peyton may never have a shot as good as this one again. For Peyton, even getting to another Super Bowl helps his disappointing postseason resume.

[/QUOTE]
    How was the weather in Oakland yesterday?  I'd like to see Peyton win a game in a down pour like that.

As for Seyton's disappointing Postseason resume, I don't think another SB loss would help that 1-2 in the SB would add to his Chock rep.  But if somehow his D bails him out and he wins another ring, he will go to 12-11 over .500 in the Playofs and all of the ESPN Pundits will be crowning him king of the World.

I can't deside which would be better the Pats beating the crap out of the Donkeys in the AFCC game or seeing Seyton manning with another One and Done Playof performance

Sections
Shortcuts