ESPN "source" says resentment towards Gronk escalating in locker room

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: ESPN

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

No one should ever bash people like McCourty, Arrington, Ninkovich or any other non-star player on this team again that plays hurt and plays less than 100%, knowing them being out there is better than the back up or better than nothing.

Oh, you mean like Brady in SB 42 playing on the bad wheel that he had operated on in the off-season dumbkoff?

Sure.  But, you have to ask why he threw 48 times with a lead if it was so bad, though. lol

BB is the guy to ask that question.

Do you really think BB wanted to see Maroney's 2.5 yards per carry more than  14 times?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

If he isn't completely healthy, he can't play. Period. He can't risk re-injuring his forearm, and NE can't risk him re injuring it either. None of us know the status of his arm. That's a fact. If it has a chance to strengthen more in the coming weeks, then I'm all for him waiting until it is as strong as it is going to get. the LAST thing I want to see is him break his arm again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

We are starting to see stories one would read in the Enquirer about the Pats lately, haven't we?  Seems folks are hungry for some "dirt" and these things are filling the void.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

1) I think all this "tension" will all go away when Gronk finally comes back, catches 20 TD's, and spikes 20 footballs into orbit. Players understandably want him out there. I doubt it's anything personal.

2) Don't quite understand how there can be resentment towards him when the Doc hasn't cleared him to play. That's why I have find the story not very credible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:

1) I think all this "tension" will all go away when Gronk finally comes back, catches 20 TD's, and spikes 20 footballs into orbit. Players understandably want him out there. I doubt it's anything personal.

2) Don't quite understand how there can be resentment towards him when the Doc hasn't cleared him to play. That's why I have find the story not very credible.

No No No.  Gronk can't do the big time hammer spikes anymore. He may hurt his girly little arm and be out another year....Pats better get a designated spiker for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

In response to kevin13130's comment:

No No No.  Gronk can't do the big time hammer spikes anymore. He may hurt his girly little arm and be out another year....Pats better get a designated spiker for him.

Darn, you might be right. I was really looking forward to those. Maybe the solution to all this is just to fix him up with a robotic arm.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

If it's about the strength or intergrity of the bone in his forearm I can't see how they will know if a week or another two weeks will make the difference between ready and not ready for prime-time.

They should have PUP'd him or just shut him down for the year to be certain.  Waiting one more week or two will make a difference?  Don't believe it.

Just a little skeptical on that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I understand gronk lookin out for his career, especially after rebreaking his arm with that early return last time. But it seems that he is DOMINATING  practice and if guys on our defense are trying to cover him and hes doing a jimmy graham impression, then id be like "whats up with that?".  You can understand them resenting gronk, especially with our offensive struggling big time. Its one thing to be limited in practice but its another to look great for several weeks and still dont show up on game time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Source: Dr. Andrews suggests that Gronkowski not play on Sunday  so what does that mean--it doesn't say he should not play.  Who hired Andrews--the Gronk family.?  what if Belichick says go play and he refuses-what happens then. I realize practice is not game action, but it doesn't seem he's ready.  None of this would be so annoying if he had behaved himself during the offseason, and helped his his body heal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/

^ This...

Plus anytime there is an article that references "unamed sources", I have to immediatley ignore it. That's just how it is for me.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The guy is practicing with pads and in contact drills, does he really think there is a huge difference in playing this week vs. playing next week? 

I love the guy, but come on, suit up for your teammates who're also playing hurt. Brady CLEARLY needs you, the defense needs the offense to give them a break and BB needs you to prove that he didn't sign a soft TE to a huge deal. 

Just give us 30% of the snaps.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Mankins played in 2011 with a torn ACL in the SB and a torn MCL all post-season. The guy is literally holding out for another week?!! Buddy, if you get that week and you so much as break a fingernail for the rest of the season you'll lose credibility.

I'm sure the moment he catches a couple of footballs that I'll love him again, but that's what makes me so upset at him. He's suppose to be one of the toughest SOBs on the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

You do remember that he never needed the plate put in to begin with...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

You do remember...right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

You do remember...right?

I am not a doctor. We have no idea what the details are with the broken bone. You are not a doctor.  

No but my Daughter is a 2nd year nursing student so I am qualified....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

My problem is not with Gronk himself.  I like to think that he wants to play but is being manipulated by other forces close him.  I don't think he's smart enough to make decisions on what's best for him long term on his own.

What I'd like to know is more medical related.

How will they know when his arm will be strong enough for real live game action.

Do they do some kind of bone density test?

Is it something that can be seen on an ordinary x-ray?

Is it something that will get stronger with each week that it is not stressed?

I'd just like to know how the decision is made by the doctor/doctors that he's not ready yet.

Is it just an educated guess?

Sections
Shortcuts