espn states the pats 16-0 banner is one of the most Lame banners in a stadium.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

espn states the pats 16-0 banner is one of the most Lame banners in a stadium.

im like are you kidding?going 16-0 in a season in todays NFL is Lame?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/04/the-bills-sound-ready-to/

press this anyways it will be on the teams one-liners

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espnetboy3. Show Espnetboy3's posts

Re: espn states the pats 16-0 banner is one of the most Lame banners in a stadium.

um... no team has ever gone 16-0 i would say its a pretty respectable banner. gotta be proud of that season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snoopcogg. Show snoopcogg's posts

Re: espn states the pats 16-0 banner is one of the most Lame banners in a stadium.

ESPN has become a joke in its own right.  I don't even watch it anymore.

They are the Oakland Raiders of sports broadcasting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I would argue that division and even conference banners are worse. Perfect in the season has only been done twice and 16-0 only once but division champs and conference champs just mean you were one of many who didn't win the SB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In 10-20 years time when no team has matched a full perfect season it will mean something to most football fans that ONE TEAM did have a perfect regular season since the league went to 16 games. As far the entertainment oriented espn clowns are concerned Who the $%^$ Cares???????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I agree.I know its espn,But no matter how much you hate an organization,give credit where its due.I could see if it was just a conf,or div title,but a 16-0 in a season is a feat that dosent happen every year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucela. Show pucela's posts

I actually still don't like the banner. I don't know if it's "lame" but as a reminder of how close the team was to be unassailable historically instead of one of several dynasties (and Clayton lately calls it a "mini-dinasty") it is not a very happy sight.

The team was fantastic that year and accomplished a lot, of course.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

<=== doesn't care what ESPN thinks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollslayer. Show trollslayer's posts

Who really cares what ESPN says!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

E.S.P.N.       stands for  Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

bet if the banner was in indy it would be one of these 10 must visit spots in a stadium.  only good thing in espn is our very own TB

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I don't like ESPN but actually agree with them on this.  For me, it's Super Bowl or bust.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

ESPN hates the whole Patriots organization. Are we Pats fans really that surprised that they finally went public? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I can see their point I mean only one team ever has gone 0-16 and you dont see them hanging a banner for that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I might agree if they didn't have the THREE SUPER BOWL banners hanging before it!!  (especially back to back Super Bowls.) Kraft put that up because he is proud of it and should be. It's part of their history and should be in the stadium.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I hate that banner because it reminds me of what the world missed out on, but it is anything but lame. I became a Patriots fan this century, I have been so spoiled rotten by championships that a year where the Pats aren't hoisting the Lombardi is a bad year for me, but I bet the fans who were here when the Pats were going 1-15 love that banner. It's history, it's never been done before. 

Why is Indy's SB participation banner not lammer than this? To quote Bruschi "Atleast the Patriots had the guts to go for 19-0". ESPN is a loser, like their loser crush, Peyton Manning & Indy. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The Pats didn't go 16-0, they went 18-1.  What they won was the AFC Championship. Hang that banner if you like.  What they won for going 16-0 was a division title, just like they won last year at 10-6. It's actually kind of funny to see some of the same people who are ready to shovel dirt on the Pats because they lost in the first round defending the stupid banner that doesn't really represent anything at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

ESPN is lame, the only thing they got going for them is Erin Andrews

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

We jump all over Polian and the Colts for stating they had the most regular season wins the last ten years (decade?), because the Patriots had the most total wins (including playoffs). So our record for 2007 was 18-1, not 16-0.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

its incredibly lame

and for the people who believe espn hates the pats....where is espn headquarters? they love the pats and just because they occassionally take their mouths off krafty and belicheat's junk; it doesnt mean they are completely out of love with the pats either

Sections
Shortcuts