ESPN takes shot at Pats again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

ESPN takes shot at Pats again

Check out what the good guys at ESPN had to say about the Patriots in their AFC preview. F'ing unbelievable...

"New England: In 2010, the Flying Elvii had the league's top regular-season record. They hung 152 points in the second quarter, best quarter by any team -- the Pats were putting opponents away by halftime. They were the only NFL team to score at least 100 points in every quarter. New England had nine return touchdowns, a fantastic number. Most importantly, New England's plus-28 for turnovers was the second-best turnover number ever posted by an NFL team.

But then the Patriots wheezed out at home in their first and only game of the playoffs. It was the second consecutive year New England had been fabulous in the regular season, then looked awful at home in the postseason. The year before that, the Patriots finished 11-5 but didn't make the postseason owing to a standings quirk. Here's the deal: The New England Patriots have not won a playoff game since Spygate broke. Bill Belichick continues to refuse to say, "I cheated and I apologize." Until he does, the football gods will torment this team by allowing the Patriots to play very well during the regular season, then denying them in money time."

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/6883286/tmq-says-money-motivates-losing-cheap-paying-wins

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again

Yeah, same old tripe written by Greg Easterbrook of ESPN's Tuesday Morning Quarterback.  He's hated BB (and the Pats really) since the Spygate thing.  Yawn!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

1) There is Belicheck. Thou shalt put no football gods before him...

2) Spygate was an overblown witch hunt. It's dead, and the only people who don't let it go are those who hate the success of this franchise.

3) We lost a game. A big one, but that's life. We've been more consistently "in it" year after year than ANY other team over the past eleven years. And it looks like we have the tools to keep coming back year after year for the forseeable future.

4) I'm gonna love to see all those reporters and ignorant SOB's eat their words when the Pats win 2 more Superbowls. More than any other coach/QB tandem ever. When they finally rename the Lombardi trophy for its new master: Darth Hoodie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

They won 2 playoff games since spygate "broke".

1. 2007 season vs Jags
    2. 2007 season vs Chargers (AFC Championship)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Whatthehell was that!!

Oh, never mind. It's Easterbrook.

Pats fans would be wise to ignore his rubbish.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again:
    [QUOTE]Whatthehell was that!! Oh, never mind. It's Easterbrook. Pats fans would be wise to ignore his rubbish.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, I never checked out his column before but I won't be back, thats for sure!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Eastersnook strikes again!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Never gonna live this spygate garbage down....

One of my best friends played in the NFL on multiple teams including the Pats(mostly practice squad guy, NFL europe) from 2002-2007ish....

I remember when he went to the Panthers for a few years & he was shocked bc they werent filming, like every other team he was on did, & they were holding meaningful practices where anyone could view/tape it...

The Pats were not the only team doing this, just the only team dumb enough to get caught.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

OK....So what's Payton and the Colts excuse Easterbrook?  How many years did they have the best record only not to win it all?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]OK....So what's Payton and the Colts excuse Easterbrook?  How many years did they have the best record only not to win it all?
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

As much as Easterbrook hates the hoodie, he loves him some Peyton and all things Colts.  If I didn't know any better (Easterbrook actually has a brain, just misguided) I'd swear him and UD were the same person.  But again, Esterbrook's got some semblence of a brain.  UD?  Not so much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

[QUOTE]wa wa w w wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa The truth hurts!  Biggest choke in the history of the NFL.  "The Patriot Way"
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

So glad you interrupted your corn shooking in your Nana's basement to bring us this very important message....You're the best!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

McCheaters, come on, really? I've seen the few times I've been browsing your home forum (GangGreen), several Jets fans doing the same thing. They seem to think that ESPN (and everyone for that matter) is biased towards the Pats and hates the Jets. You have to admit its bs that they're still taking shots about something that happened 3 years ago

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

That is why I say.....19-and-effin-oh this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again : And by the way genius, what is corn shooking?

What irony in McCheaters attempt to use the term genius!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]It's accurate.  What's the problem?  Back in the early part of the last decade, the Patriots were dominant.  Since Spygate...not so much.  Cry all you want about how unfair it is or how many years ago, but when you get busted cheating, it taints your accomplishments until you can prove you can do the same thing without cheating. 
    Going 16-0 and breaking numerous records along the way wasn't good enough proof for ya?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]They won 2 playoff games since spygate "broke". 1. 2007 season vs Jags 2. 2007 season vs Chargers (AFC Championship)
    Posted by DynastyXXXVI[/QUOTE]
    The Patriots are 2-2 since spygate broke, with 3 division championships in 4 years.  This isn't much of a statistical sample.  Perhaps ESPN doesn't do numbers above 4.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Bring up the lack of playoff success, thats totally fine, its a relevant point. But there really was no need for the low blow at Belichick. Does this guy just shrug off the fact that Cowher has already come out and said everyone did it and it didn't have anything to do with the dynasty. I mean, they went 18-1 without taping. They went 14-2 without taping. I think its pretty clear they can win games without taping. He just sounds like a bitter Steelers/Jets/Colts/whatever fan. Its an unprofessional comment to make in a preview column in my opinion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Meh. It's Greg Eaterbrook. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again : It's accurate.  What's the problem?  Back in the early part of the last decade, the Patriots were dominant.  Since Spygate...not so much.  Cry all you want about how unfair it is or how many years ago, but when you get busted cheating, it taints your accomplishments until you can prove you can do the same thing without cheating. 

McBeatinit, You're absolutely right. The Jets were doing the exact same thing the Patriots were doing regarding videotaping, & they haven't won anything either. Two prime examples of the exact same thing, with exactly the same results.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]wa wa w w wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa The truth hurts!  Biggest choke in the history of the NFL.  "The Patriot Way"

You like just getting to the AFC championship game and losing there?  That would be choking as well dumb dumb.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

the DB Peter King still brings up Spygate as well. But we all know he is in BB's doghouse....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

face it folks, spygate will NEVER go away....because it is, and always will be, a talking point for non-patriot fans.  Shootz, peeps still mention the Raiders/Patriots game and the Brady "fumble"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I'll never understand the troll.  What a bunch of self righteous BS.  You Pat fans this and that.  Well Jets fan.  What has you team done?  When was the last SB appearance?  Come back when your team has done something.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I was reading this and thinking - "how many teams go 14-2 in a rebuilding year?"  They went into the playoffs with one healthy defensive lineman.  What is wrong with these sports writers? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

1)  Until the Patriots win another Superbowl, spygate will always be attached to the team.  Whether you like it or not, that is the national perspective.

2)  Why do fans get upset when the analysis of their team doesn't meet their standards?  So what if someone thinks your team is going to falter?  Does pre-season predictions really mean anything? 

Sections
Shortcuts