ESPN takes shot at Pats again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again

NY and it's fans sxxck!   Ditto for ESPN...can't wait till Fox Sports displaces them!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again:
    Never gonna live this spygate garbage down.... One of my best friends played in the NFL on multiple teams including the Pats(mostly practice squad guy, NFL europe) from 2002-2007ish.... I remember when he went to the Panthers for a few years & he was shocked bc they werent filming, like every other team he was on did, & they were holding meaningful practices where anyone could view/tape it... The Pats were not the only team doing this, just the only team dumb enough to get caught.....
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption

i wouldnt say they were dumb and got caught, i would say that eric magini (that little weasel) was playing T1T for tat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

We'll see what they say in Feb 2012

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to ESPN takes shot at Pats again:
    Check out what the good guys at ESPN had to say about the Patriots in their AFC preview. F'ing unbelievable... "New England:  In 2010, the Flying Elvii had the league's top regular-season record. They hung 152 points in the second quarter, best quarter by any team -- the Pats were putting opponents away by halftime. They were the only NFL team to score at least 100 points in every quarter. New England had nine return touchdowns, a fantastic number. Most importantly, New England's plus-28 for turnovers was the second-best turnover number ever posted by an NFL team.  But then the Patriots wheezed out at home in their first and only game of the playoffs. It was the second consecutive year New England had been fabulous in the regular season, then looked awful at home in the postseason. The year before that, the Patriots finished 11-5 but didn't make the postseason owing to a standings quirk. Here's the deal: The New England Patriots have not won a playoff game since Spygate broke. Bill Belichick continues to refuse to say, "I cheated and I apologize." Until he does, the football gods will torment this team by allowing the Patriots to play very well during the regular season, then denying them in money time." http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/6883286/tmq-says-money-motivates-losing-cheap-paying-wins
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Except for the twist of the knife Spygate reference, is this guy wrong? You want to BE the man, you have to BEAT the man. In this case, the MAN just happens to be all playoff comers. They no longer seem to have that "us against the world" playoff swagger, or the "you're going down!" attitude.

I'm a big Pats fan, but sometimes ya gotta recognize that the truth quite often hurts. The Pats have turned into the Atlanta Braves during their run: lots of wins, only 1 WS championship. Those are undeniable facts that need to be addressed HONESTLY. 

But, Spygate has left the barn and is well into the next county.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

1) There is Belicheck. Thou shalt put no football gods before him... 2) Spygate was an overblown witch hunt. It's dead, and the only people who don't let it go are those who hate the success of this franchise. 3) We lost a game. A big one, but that's life. We've been more consistently "in it" year after year than ANY other team over the past eleven years. And it looks like we have the tools to keep coming back year after year for the forseeable future. 4) I'm gonna love to see all those reporters and ignorant SOB's eat their words when the Pats win 2 more Superbowls. More than any other coach/QB tandem ever. When they finally rename the Lombardi trophy for its new master: Darth Hoodie.
    Posted by timesedge

Whiule having better records to actually make the playoffs cannot hid erthe latent "One and Done" performance they have been making. How do you absolutely paste, kick the snot out of, and humilate, a team in December, then play in the playoffs like you never saw them before?

I, too, want to see the Pats win at least 3 more SB's. But, until they do, we're stuck with the truth, no matter how you want to spin it. It's time for them to put up or their fans to shut up. 

Again, the truth hurts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

No problem.  Anything to bring attention to the fact that Patriot fans are the biggest whiners in the NFL.  If it's not the crying about getting caught cheating, it's the crying about rule changes supposedly directed at the Patriots or crying about how calls are always against the Patriots, crying about players being injured, crying about the 'anti Patriot media'.... it's just pathetic.
    Posted by McCheaters

Its amazing how much you love the Patriots.  I sure couldn't hang out at a JESTS site.  Of course, JEST fans are all lowlife skumgarbage who even other JEST fans can't stand to hang around with.  Which brings us back to why we hate you sooooooooooooo much.  Stop stinking up our forum with your low life second grade level commentary, you festering pustule.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Imo the jets got bragging rights ,i love mt pats  and when i was in jr high and high school got made fun of for wearing pats gear and keep saying this is the year,so i see were the jets fans are coming from.That loud mouth coach does get to me thou!Who cares what sports writers say its thier oppion and thats it nothing moe nothing else so let it rest on the season it self and show them who the pats are!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Gregg Easterbrook

@TMQESPN 

send him some love

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to ESPN takes shot at Pats again : Except for the twist of the knife Spygate reference, is this guy wrong? You want to BE the man, you have to BEAT the man. In this case, the MAN just happens to be all playoff comers. They no longer seem to have that "us against the world" playoff swagger, or the "you're going down!" attitude.   I'm a big Pats fan, but sometimes ya gotta recognize that the truth quite often hurts. The Pats have turned into the Atlanta Braves during their run: lots of wins, only 1 WS championship. Those are undeniable facts that need to be addressed HONESTLY.  But, Spygate has left the barn and is well into the next county.  
    Posted by AZPAT

The whole purpose of this post was the not so subtle dig this guy took at BB. I don't care if someone brings up the recent postseason struggles

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again : The whole purpose of this post was the not so subtle dig this guy took at BB. I don't care if someone brings up the recent postseason struggles
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

He's a writer. he's paid to write stuff that will elicit opinions and/or be controversial. Otherwise, he'd be somewhere in a locked room writing algebra, chemistry, or physics text books.

Re-read his item. He tossed in the usuall Spygate reference as it DOES seem to have a bearing: the Pats have not won a playoff game since Spygate. That is a fact. Same for the Sox (until 2004) after selling the Babe to the Yankmees. It is FACT. We can either ignore it, laugh like he LL at it, or dispute it. Until such time the Pats find enough gumption to actually do something about it, we're stuck with it. 

I personally laugh at it, as that seems to be the best they have. it's like when a child calls you "poopy head". What do you do? Go run to your friends and whine about it? Go after the kid/messenger? Or man up and ignore it, identifying: 1) whare it came from  2) WHO it came from  3) is there any substance behind it as being a valid reason? I chose to ignore.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

AZPat, its absolutely not a fact. Spygate was after the Jets game in 2007, they played in the Super Bowl that year, right? They beat Jacksonville and San Diego in the playoffs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Michael Hurley over at NESN has a nice rebuttal to Greg(extra g for greatness) Loserbrook.  Although Hurley is wrong when he says Loserbrook is a smart writer. 

http://www.nesn.com/2011/08/espns-gregg-easterbrook-believes-football-gods-still-punishing-patriots-for-spygate.html

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again : He's a writer. he's paid to write stuff that will elicit opinions and/or be controversial. Otherwise, he'd be somewhere in a locked room writing algebra, chemistry, or physics text books. Re-read his item. He tossed in the usuall Spygate reference as it DOES seem to have a bearing: the Pats have not won a playoff game since Spygate. That is a fact. Same for the Sox (until 2004) after selling the Babe to the Yankmees. It is FACT. We can either ignore it, laugh like he LL at it, or dispute it. Until such time the Pats find enough gumption to actually do something about it, we're stuck with it.  I personally laugh at it, as that seems to be the best they have. it's like when a child calls you "poopy head". What do you do? Go run to your friends and whine about it? Go after the kid/messenger? Or man up and ignore it, identifying: 1) whare it came from  2) WHO it came from  3) is there any substance behind it as being a valid reason? I chose to ignore.
    Posted by AZPAT

Not a fact.  They won two playoff games in 07.  That's the problem, any jackwagon who knows dick about the NFL down to the casual fan knows the Pats played in the SB that year.  You don't play in a SB without winning at least 2 playoff games.  A professional writer of football at a national site who employs fact checkers? 

Might as well reprt the world is flat and under attack by dragons with lasers.  Bullsh*t is Bullsh*t.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

AZPat, its absolutely not a fact. Spygate was after the Jets game in 2007, they played in the Super Bowl that year, right? They beat Jacksonville and San Diego in the playoffs
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Uh, what was the breaking story the week before the SB va the Giants? I believe it was a rumor that the Pats taped the Rams' 2002 SB walk through. Never happened; no tape was ever made; the alleged videographer admitted he didn't have a tape or ever record one. No impact? How about all those whiners out ther insisting that all 3 Patriot SB victories are "tainted"? Still today......

The Pats played the Giants like they did the JESTS! in last year's playoff game. They beat them late in the season and apprently didn't learn or apply learned lessons to their next game against them. Both the Giants and JESTS!, on the other hand, apparently did. Fact is the Pats are 0-playoffs ever since.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again : Uh, what was the breaking story the week before the SB va the Giants? I believe it was a rumor that the Pats taped the Rams' 2002 SB walk through. Never happened; no tape was ever made; the alleged videographer admitted he didn't have a tape or ever record one. No impact? How about all those whiners out ther insisting that all 3 Patriot SB victories are "tainted"? Still today......   The Pats played the Giants like they did the JESTS! in last year's playoff game. They beat them late in the season and apprently didn't learn or apply learned lessons to their next game against them. Both the Giants and JESTS!, on the other hand, apparently did. Fact is the Pats are 0-playoffs ever since.
    Posted by AZPAT

So your are trying to reframe the argument to fit your mistake?  Just admit you made a mistake.  It's no big deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again : Not a fact.  They won two playoff games in 07.  That's the problem, any jackwagon who knows dick about the NFL down to the casual fan knows the Pats played in the SB that year.  You don't play in a SB without winning at least 2 playoff games.  A professional writer of football at a national site who employs fact checkers?  Might as well reprt the world is flat and under attack by dragons with lasers.  Bullsh*t is Bullsh*t.
    Posted by shenanigan

ANd the breaking story the week before the SB, broke by a Herald writer, I believe, was what? Reference to Spygate and the Pats taping teh Rams' 2002 walk through. Nice timing, eh? Fact is they haven't won a playoff game since, and including, that SB. In 2008, Brady went down for the season. IF they had
    made the playoffs with their 11-5 record that season, I seriously doubt if tehy would have won a playoff game, as they got badly beaten in all 5 losses by 2008 ultimate playoff teams. But that wouldn't have been the story. it would have been how "heroic and brave" the 2008 Pats were, making the playoffs despite not having Brady all season, except for the limited time he played in game #1.

A team winning their division, getting home field,a dn then laying an egg in their first/only playoff game is NOT a good thing. Spygate's not the problem. Attitudes and playing like they belong in the game are.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again : ANd the breaking story the week before the SB, broke by a Herald writer, I believe, was what? Reference to Spygate and the Pats taping teh Rams' 2002 walk through. Nice timing, eh? Fact is they haven't won a playoff game since, and including, that SB. In 2008, Brady went down for the season. IF they had made the playoffs with their 11-5 record that season, I seriously doubt if tehy would have won a playoff game, as they got badly beaten in all 5 losses by 2008 ultimate playoff teams. But that wouldn't have been the story. it would have been how "heroic and brave" the 2008 Pats were, making the playoffs despite not having Brady all season, except for the limited time he played in game #1. A team winning their division, getting home field,a dn then laying an egg in their first/only playoff game is NOT a good thing. Spygate's not the problem. Attitudes and playing like they belong in the game are.  
    Posted by AZPAT

That wasnt' the quote.  He said they hadn't won a playoff game since spygate.  Spygate was September of 07. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again : That wasnt' the quote.  He said they hadn't won a playoff game since spygate.  Spygate was September of 07. 
    Posted by shenanigan

OK, Mr Gotta Be Right. They DID win 2 playoff games before regurgitating all over teh field vs the Giants. Haven't won a thing since. (Would you be so happy and smug in this "truth" if the Pats  continue on this snide for, say, another 4 seasons? Three? Two? How many more will it take before you admit that they haven't done post season squat since BEFORE the SB played in 2/08 against the Giants? (In Glendale, AZ, at the Cardinals home stadium, on a Sunday afternoon, on national TV, with the stadium roof closed....)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again : OK, Mr Gotta Be Right. They DID win 2 playoff games before regurgitating all over teh field vs the Giants. Haven't won a thing since. (Would you be so happy and smug in this "truth" if the Pats  continue on this snide for, say, another 4 seasons? Three? Two? How many more will it take before you admit that they haven't done post season squat since BEFORE the SB played in 2/08 against the Giants? (In Glendale, AZ, at the Cardinals home stadium, on a Sunday afternoon, on national TV, with the stadium roof closed....)
    Posted by AZPAT

I will admit they haven't won a SB since, or a playoff game since the "Walsh" incident or whatever.  That's true.  I'm not going to tie the Pats postseason success or failure to that event because teams lose playoff games or never make the playoffs for years.  It's more common than not to miss or lose a playoff game.  Just last year several teams lost playoff games.  Joe Montana lost playoff games.  The Pats didn't win much 2 years prior to Spygate either.  I just think s**t happens.  They played bad games, they lost and reprters at national media outlets should be capable of checking commonly known facts before they report them.

I'm not trying to get in a p**sing contest with you, I'm just saying they should be able to state facts.  If they meant since Walsh, that's what they should have said.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again : Thanks for the tip, I never checked out his column before but I won't be back, thats for sure!
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

If he didn't promote safer helmets and mouthpieces, I wouldn't bother

But he brings attention to how Goodell is determined to water down football before forcing players to wear safer equipment

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

That was written by a moron. Hoodie didn't cheat. He stupidly broke a rule he was told to stop breaking. If he owes anybody an apology it would be to the team and the fans for being REALLY stupid. He doesn't owe this idiot or any other idiot anything.

You don't have to be a genius to figure out why the Pats have failed in the playoffs for a while now. Things get tough in the playoffs and a wuss D will not prevail. Simple.

Either the genius has fixed that or he hasn't. At this juncture I wouldn't bet against his not having done that. It appears he has finally let go of his anal insistence on a 3-4 despite not having the players available to put a good one of that ilk on the field.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

I love the Pats as much as anyone on here, but It still is the truth. And it still sucks! I would rather go 11-5, make the playoffs and win the superbowl, than ever go 16-0 and lose again in the superbowl. OR 14-2 and lose the first playoff game....This year, even if they roll through the regular season, You cant help but get nervous for that first playoff game...which is where (suddenly) the Pats are beginning to struggle.. BUT This is the year they fix it! GO PATS!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Who watches ESPN anymore. I think ESPN is running scared that their viewer ratings are dropping. I barely watch that crap anymore. I watch NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NESN and CSNNE networks for sports coverage.  Plus watching local sports networks has the added benefit of seeing Heidi, Kathryn, Jessica, etc.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again : Not sure what the difference between breaking a rule and cheating is, but like any other rule you break, there are repercussions.  Facemask, 15 yards, false start 5 yards, being arrogant and refusing to fess up to your shenanigans, 750 k and a first round pick.  No-one has a problem saying recalling a pass interference call from a few years back, why is this so different?  Broke the rules, got caught, got penalized.  The most painful part is listen to all the crying about it.
    Posted by McCheaters

again every team have made advantages all the way back to the 50's when linemen used to use vassoline on there arms so d line men couldnt get a grip, just cause u haters hate the patriots so much you raise this to our attenention. but when denver got caught doing the same thing " breaking the rules" its no story again when we roll this year all u haters will have to grasp at some other straws to hate the patriots, win somthing then talk foool. thats right baby boston the first sports town to win all 4 major sports trophy's in the same decade let me repeat moron the first CITY EVER TO WIN ALL 4 sports in same decade  U wished you lived here pusssie

Sections
Shortcuts