ESPN Unlimate has Colts # 1 (Here are the top 10) What is your ranking

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

ESPN Unlimate has Colts # 1 (Here are the top 10) What is your ranking

http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/64115/espns-ultimate-nfl-rankings-1-8

1 - Colts
    2 - Boys
    3 - Vikes
    4 - Jerks
    5 - Saints  (what a diss)
    6 - Pack
    7 - Rav
    8 - Bolts
    9 - Pats
    10- Ravens

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: ESPN Unlimate has Colts # 1 (Here are the top 10) What is your ranking

Rosters aren't set, pre-season yet to start, nothing but opinions.  I pay attention once play starts.  In the end, we can decide who is #1!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

1-Saints
    2-Chargers
    3-Vikings
    4-Patriots
    5-Packers
    6-Ravens
    7-Cowboys
    8-Jets

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Unlimate has Colts # 1 (Here are the top 10) What is your ranking:
    1-Saints 2-Chargers 3-Vikings 4-Patriots 5-Packers 6-Ravens 7-Cowboys 8-Jets
    Posted by jbolted

1-Saints
    2-Chargers
    3-Vikings
    4-Patriots
    5-Packers
    6-Ravens
    7-Cowboys
    8-Jets

JBolt, you almost had me at Hello but you had to put Boltz 2nd?? Based on what?
    I mean that, what do you see that takes a rebuilding team to 2nd?

I know it is too early to tell yet, it just bothered me that the Dolts where placed first based purely on ESPN man love for Manning.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Patriots #1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Unlimate has Colts # 1 (Here are the top 10) What is your ranking:
    WHO CARES! TILL THE GAMES COUNT ITS ALL BS!
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Yeah, not having facts has slowed you down in the past. The entire year is speculation, injuries, game play, mo, etc...On any given sunday!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

1. Saints
    2. Ravens
    3. Vikings
    4. Pats
    5. Colt
    6. 49ers yup
    7. Falcons
    8. Cowboys
    9. Chargers
    10. Bengals

I think the Ravens go 13-3 this year and Ray Rice has another 2000 yard campaign. Unfortunately.

49ers win there division(easily)and make a huge playoff splash.

there is my guess!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The Cowboys?

Seriously?

Foot in mouth

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

1. Saints 2. Ravens 3. Vikings 4. Pats 5. Colt 6. 49ers yup 7. Falcons 8. Cowboys 9. Chargers 10. Bengals I think the Ravens go 13-3 this year and Ray Rice has another 2000 yard campaign. Unfortunately. 49ers win there division(easily)and make a huge playoff splash. there is my guess!
    Posted by TrueChamp

I think the Ravens can do well the year, also Falcons. I am just pissed that Peyton and the dolts are the ESPN forever pick. I agree that it is too early to call, so why are the dolts always 1?

P-Mike, I agree on the boys, another year of some blow up (I believe the better they get the more Romo shows he is not "that guy")

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

1. Saints 2. Ravens 3. Vikings 4. Pats 5. Colt 6. 49ers yup 7. Falcons 8. Cowboys 9. Chargers 10. Bengals I think the Ravens go 13-3 this year and Ray Rice has another 2000 yard campaign. Unfortunately. 49ers win there division(easily)and make a huge playoff splash. there is my guess!
    Posted by TrueChamp

This is much more reasonable but I think the Pats and the Ravens are a bit too high and, though it pains me to say it, the jests should be in there in the 7-10 range.

I'd go;

1; Saints
    2; Vikes
    3; Colts
    4; Ravens
    5. Falcons
    6. Pats
    7. Cowboys
    8. Jests
    9. Bengals
    10. Chargers, just out of habit. They're picked high every year and disappoint every year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Seeing the Viklings up near the top of a lot of these lists has me pretty excited about the annual Brett Favre soap opera.

How 'bout you guys?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Like I say every year. The Patriots are #1 until someone knocks them off.
    Hey..Paul K...Let's see the pre season rankings!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Unlimate has Colts # 1 (Here are the top 10) What is your ranking : I think the Ravens can do well the year, also Falcons. I am just pissed that Peyton and the dolts are the ESPN forever pick. I agree that it is too early to call, so why are the dolts always 1? P-Mike, I agree on the boys, another year of some blow up (I believe the better they get the more Romo shows he is not "that guy")
    Posted by gmbill

Not true Gumby.  The pats had many years including last year and 08 where they were the preseason favorite by almost all media outlets.  I just think you forget that your team has frequently been the preseason favorite. 

You only hear what you want.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Unlimate has Colts # 1 (Here are the top 10) What is your ranking : Not true Gumby.  The pats had many years including last year and 08 where they were the preseason favorite by almost all media outlets.  I just think you forget that your team has frequently been the preseason favorite.  You only hear what you want.
    Posted by underdoggggg

I don't really see the Colts as a bad preseason favorite. The last time we saw Stampede Blue, it was right where it wanted to be before everyone but Peyton Manning was responsible for one play that cost it a chance to get right back in the Super Bowl and secure its place in the annals of NFL greatness.

As Pats fans, I suppose we get sick of seeing Indy at the top of the list all the time (at least recently) but you can't deny that they dominated the conference last season like it wasn't even there, and they might have won it all again if Manning hadn't gone to the well once too often with that slant (or at the very least, disguised it better). Baltimore is probably the team people are looking at to unseat Indy this season and it will be interesting to see if that Ravens' offense comes around the way they seem to be expecting it will down there in Perdue Country.

The Pats?

Admit it, kids . . .   there are questions.

Brady is gonna keep you in the game every week if you can keep him upright (which remains to be seen), but if you're still thinking that first-round playoff exit (embarassingly, at home) was some combination of injuries and bad luck . . .

well . . .

everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Look, I am not trying to say the colts are #1.  I am just trying to remind those that think the colts are beloved by everyone because this year someone ranked them #1 that the Pats were the ones who were preseason favorites the 2 previous years.  How quickly the haters forget.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Look, I am not trying to say the colts are #1.  I am just trying to remind those that think the colts are beloved by everyone because this year someone ranked them #1 that the Pats were the ones who were preseason favorites the 2 previous years.  How quickly the haters forget.
    Posted by underdoggggg

Do you ever deal with concepts the way they are presented, or do you just immediately assume that no one besides you is objective and that misdirecting the discussion is the best way to mask the fact that a lot of what you say is not logically defensible?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Pmike - there are some here that "have it in" for me, believe it or not. 

Most here are not objective including (generally speaking) me.  They set me straight with my fandom and I set them straight with theirs. 

Misdirection - I suppose.  I think its pretty common in my discussions with others and engaged in by both parties.   

As for logical defensibility, I am certain that there are many here that are significantly smarter and can maintain a focus of thought much better than me. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The Cowboys? Seriously?
    Posted by p-mike

That's funny I couldn't believe i had them on the list either but I do think Romo is better then he gets credit for( I think 9 ints last  years) and if the run game can stay healthy the cowboys offense could be near tops in the league. Plus with the eagles I think taking a small step back with Kolbs 1st year and the Giants looking like an 8-8 team the boys might have a good year.

I left the Packers off the list because I don't buy the defense at all and I think they will have trouble making the playoffs.

But I've been wrong a time or two.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Pmike - there are some here that "have it in" for me, believe it or not.  Most here are not objective including (generally speaking) me.  They set me straight with my fandom and I set them straight with theirs.  Misdirection - I suppose.  I think its pretty common in my discussions with others and engaged in by both parties.    As for logical defensibility, I am certain that there are many here that are significantly smarter and can maintain a focus of thought much better than me. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

FINALLY!  Something worth reading from you!  Short....sweet...true.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to ESPN Unlimate has Colts # 1 (Here are the top 10) What is your ranking:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/64115/espns-ultimate-nfl-rankings-1-8 1 - Colts 2 - Boys 3 - Vikes 4 - Jerks 5 - Saints  (what a diss) 6 - Pack 7 - Rav 8 - Bolts 9 - Pats 10- Ravens
    Posted by gmbill

1. saints
    2. vikes (assuming favre returns)
    3. colts (though i am hoping that the SB curse is true)
    4. ravens
    5. pats
    6. bolts
    7. packers
    8. yets
    9. boys

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to ESPN Unlimate has Colts # 1 (Here are the top 10) What is your ranking : 1. saints 2. vikes (assuming favre returns) 3. colts (though i am hoping that the SB curse is true) 4. ravens 5. pats 6. bolts 7. packers 8. yets 9. boys
    Posted by natesubs

I can support this list.  There is an important difference between this list and ESPN's list.  You are not trying make profit from web hits by creating controversy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Posted by underdoggggg

The Colts are beloved by the media who know no different than to pick the front runner every year. As far as the AFC goes they have to be #1 until somebody beats them. They have had Home field advantage for the last couple of years because nobody can beat them. We held that title for more than a few years and if we can't beat the Colts at home this year I don't see anybody else taking them down. Definitely not the Jets.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissyLeigh. Show MissyLeigh's posts

How many times in the last decade did ESPN's #1 choice win the Super Bowl? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: ESPN Ultimate has Colts # 1 (Here are the top 10) What is your ranking

lol

Truthfully, can any human really be objective? A Vulcan maybe.

The last game we saw of our Patriots they were thoroughly demolished by the Baltimore Ravens. This game was an aberration if you look at their season. The only game it compared to was the loss to the Saints. But that game was on the road. The "4th and 2" game against the Colts was very winnable.

The first home playoff loss in the Belichick/Brady era was bad. Probably the worst game they had played in ten years. In my opinion, though, that game was not the barometer of the talent on that team.

However, the Patriots did show some concerning traits last year. Basically, players not making plays up at critical moments like in past Patriot teams. Hopefully, this years edition will be competitive like we've come to expect from Belichick teams and a few players will step up and make the game-changing plays that were lacking last year.

I agree with killa about pre-season rankings but the OP asked for mine so here goes:

1. Patriots
    2. Saints
    3. Colts
    4. Vikings
    5. Chargers
    6. Ravens
    7. Packers
    8. Cowboys

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I agree with the thoughts that the Pats have toooo many questions. In years past you knew if they were in a game, more than likely we had a win. Last year if we had a lead in the 4th there was a concern for a win and too many times a loss.

Did these issues get addressed? Does one more year for the young players make them better? Will the rookies add any value this year? Welker? etc. Too many questions for the top 10 but hey, they are the Pats and we are Pats fans so I see them in the top 10.

Saints should be number 1 till they show different, Colts maybe number 2-3 based on last years AFC Championship, but and this is a big but, Peyton is a choke and loses the big game, over and over. So I can see the at 6.