ESPN.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

ESPN.........

Everyone on this board has always piled on ESPN saying how much they hate NE. I'll admit I could see some disdain towards BB and his antics with the press in a lot of the articles, but NE gets a lot of press from them whether they like it or not because bottom line......they win a lot. With all the talk of Brady no longer being "elite" or a "top 5" QB anymore NFL on ESPN did a top ten QBs list. The list didn't include Brady? Now I clearly see what everyone has been talking about with ESPN hating on NE. Nobody, even a Jets fan, can say Brady isn't a top 10 in the NFL. The list is absolutely ridiculous and they should be ashamed to call themselves experts. 

Call me a homer, but I'd put Brady at 2 right now behind Manning. It pains me to say that but Gomer has put up monster numbers on two different teams now with different players and systems. Would Brady be as successful in another system? Who knows, but I can say he's been incredible in NE. 

Sorry. My ipad won't allow me to post the pic because the forum operating system is borderline useless. Here's ESPN's list

10) Kaepernick

9) R Wilson

8) Foles

7) Griffin III

6) Luck

5) Newton

4) Stafford

3) Brees

2) Rodgers

1) Manning

Id say it should be from 10 to 1

Stafford

Foles

Kaep

Newton

Luck 

Wilson

Brees

Rodgers

Brady

Manning

(RG3 didn't make the cut)

I shall only rely on ESPN as a scoreboard, and even then I might not believe it. Go Pats! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: ESPN.........

I mean, you have to be joking, right?  RGIII made their list? How is that even possible?  

As for them clearly having an axe to grind with BB and that affecting their analysis of the Pats, where a SB title every year is really the only way for them to be forced to compliment BB, that has not changed.

In fact, I will go one further and state a premise that entails the idea that they are all but rooting for Gomer and Denver so they don't ever have to come forward to finally say BB is the greatest of all time, unequivocally.

That's really what this is about with them.  Brady is obviously tied to that and the fact Gomer has only 1 ring and just embarrassed himself in the last SB, it almost comes across like there are two camps between Brady or Manning:

1.  Admiration for Brady's golden boy situation with the wifey, good looks, teflon style, and 3 rings plus now the stats.

2.  Manning is the sympathy vote. Very dorky, ugly, some really bad postseason numbers, less than good in less than perfect weather, and only 1 ring with 2 SB losses now.

But, to leave Brady off a current top 10 list means the producer should be fired.

RG3 will not make it in this league as I've stated numerous times.  Vick types won't make it and Kaepernick is one play away from being Vick'd.

For the life of me, I have no idea why they protect how bad Manning has been most of his career in the postseason.  They also don't ever mention Brady's recent downfalls either.

So, they have a major consistency problem.

I've said this before, but if the Pats do win another SB, the fun of it will be watching the media squirm.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Sir you are way off here. 

Zolak called out field Yates on twitter for that list but that top 10 is for FANTASY QBs not a legit list. 

Why do you think Stafford is 4? 

ESPN put out a list days ago of "insiders" opinion of Brady and he was still considered a top 3 guy. 

This is a silly thread. Obviously Matt Dtafford isn't a good QB, but he's a good fantasy QB... Same with RG3. He puts up numbers with his running but isn't a good QB. 

Cmon man. Better than this 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sir you are way off here. 

Zolak called out field Yates on twitter for that list but that top 10 is for FANTASY QBs not a legit list. 

Why do you think Stafford is 4? 

ESPN put out a list days ago of "insiders" opinion of Brady and he was still considered a top 3 guy. 

This is a silly thread. Obviously Matt Dtafford isn't a good QB, but he's a good fantasy QB... Same with RG3. He puts up numbers with his running but isn't a good QB. 

Cmon man. Better than this 

[/QUOTE]

Maybe he didn't know it was Fantasy QB list?  Even still, it's pathetic Brady isn't on it.  RG3?  Beyond embarrassing.

Kirk Cousins looked as good as RG3 ever did in his brief stint in the playoffs in 2012 for crying out loud.  I would deal RG3 and get picks back if possible and just move on with Cousins.

RG3 injury risk in no way puts him in a top 10 for fantasy QBs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe he didn't know it was Fantasy QB list?  Even still, it's pathetic Brady isn't on it.  RG3?  Beyond embarrassing.

Kirk Cousins looked as good as RG3 ever did in his brief stint in the playoffs in 2012 for crying out loud.  I would deal RG3 and get picks back if possible and just move on with Cousins.

RG3 injury risk in no way puts him in a top 10 for fantasy QBs.

[/QUOTE]

Fantasy wise, this list is pretty dead on. Brady was the 13th best last season so leaving him out of the top 10 isn't a big deal. 

In fantasy rushing yards are more valuable than passing yards so this where RG3 comes huge. Not to mention he's got Garçon and Jackson to play with now. 

From a fantasy perspective Brady isn't gonna be a top qb ever again. Bb drafted the big OL for a reason. We are looking to run more and more and not to mention the WRs won't help Brady put up 400 like every other QB which I'm fine with. You also have to add Gronk's injury history when making this list. Also we have a legit top 3 top 5 defense now so I expect lower scoring games too.

leaving Brady out of the top 10 is far in fantasy is far from insane. Hell, I'm not touching Brady in fantasy haven't done so ever actually. One I think it's bad luck and two I root for a running game not 509 yards passing. I want the pats to be winning by running down their throats.. That's why I love Stafford. He'll throw for 500 and 4 TDs then drop the 2 picks to blow the game but still gives you huge numbers 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

I did not know it was a fantasy list. I reside in NC and one of my coworkers sent me a pic of the list, laughing that Brady wasn't on it. Of course he had to throw in, Brady was first on the"watching film" list..... Yet another spy gate jab. I of course remind him that I have as many playoff wins as Cam Newton:) Sorry to stir the pot for nothing fellas. Thanks for clearing that up. Go Pats!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Okay, I'm a Colt fan, and even I think it's ridiculous to put RG3 ahead of Brady.  My list for this upcoming year would go:

1) Manning, 2) Rodgers, 3) Brees, 4) Luck, 5) Brady, 6) Wilson, 7) Roethlesberger, 8) Rivers, 9) Newton, 10) Romo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to wonderdrums' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I did not know it was a fantasy list. I reside in NC and one of my coworkers sent me a pic of the list, laughing that Brady wasn't on it. Of course he had to throw in, Brady was first on the"watching film" list..... Yet another spy gate jab. I of course remind him that I have as many playoff wins as Cam Newton:) Sorry to stir the pot for nothing fellas. Thanks for clearing that up. Go Pats!

[/QUOTE]

Joe can be a little controlling in here.   He thought you were trying to stir the pot and it was clear you were not.

I wouldn't worry about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Not a fan of Espn, too much chaff amongst the wheat

too many social justice wanna be s for me

and I got sort of tired of them pimping the world games.i mean they will be the biggest beneficiaries of another sports league. I don't care about soccer one way or the other, and if it becomes big ? Who cares? But Espn was pimping

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Joe can be a little controlling in here.   He thought you were trying to stir the pot and it was clear you were not.

[/QUOTE]

Lol I can be controlling? Ironic. Please give some examples

I'm just saying it was a silly mistake to make. Obviously Brady wouldn't be left out the top 10 on a legit list of QBs. Fantasy is a totally different story. That's not controlling at all

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Also rusty you are one who freaks out when people do not get facts straight and consistently try to correct people who are wrong. 

He def was trying to stir the pot when he posted this, but was ill-informed on what the list actually was and so were you as you went on and on. 

Its not a big deal, I'm just setting the facts straight

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol I can be controlling? Ironic. Please give some examples

I'm just saying it was a silly mistake to make. Obviously Brady wouldn't be left out the top 10 on a legit list of QBs. Fantasy is a totally different story. That's not controlling at all

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it's obtuse to think Brady will not be a top 10 Fantasy QB or a real life QB in 2014.  Absolutely obtuse.

This is the part where your Millennial Gen and my Gen X thingy separate.  You will not find me judging QBs based on yardage or production based off of fantasy metrics.  You might find some Brady Ball Washers who are my age or older who see things like you, but not me.

I will say, after looking at that list that was originally posted, it's clear why the trendy names SOLD by ESPN are deemed some kind of dictionary of what is right and what isn't.

I have to be honest, too....I hate lists in general.  I can do tiers, but I hate how ESPN in particular acts like they are the end-all be-all of sports.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

[QUOTE]

Also rusty you are one who freaks out when people do not get facts straight and consistently try to correct people who are wrong. 

He def was trying to stir the pot when he posted this, but was ill-informed on what the list actually was and so were you as you went on and on. 

Its not a big deal, I'm just setting the facts straight

[/QUOTE]

Actually no I wasn't. I was just acknowledging that you guys are very much correct in claiming ESPN is biased against NE. That's it. Was it a silly knee jerk reaction/ mistake on my part? Absolutely. Again thanks for clarifying. No need to start ripping each other. Peace. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Rusty I don't judge QBs on yardage. 

Legit lists Brady is #2 behind Rodgers for me. 

FACT: Brady was 13th among QBs last season in fantasy points. Sorry but when it comes to FF all that matters is yards and TDs. He's not an elite fantasy QB. He's just not. 

Im actually surprised to see you backing Brady when it comes to stat padding. Because that's all fantasy is. Which is why the Staffords of the world are better at FANTASY. 

When a QB is coming off his worst season in years and his best weapon, Gronk, is still a question mark.. You aren't rated high. 

Isnt this what you wanted anyway? Brady isn't an elite Fantasy guy anymore which means we are a more balanced team and using the shotgun less. Isn't that what you always wanted? Now you're defending the star padding...?

Help me, I'm lost 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

ESPN will look back on that top 10 list next year when TB is hoisting the Lomabardi and realize how stupid they were to not include TB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The list is very appropriate considering Fantasy is where most of ESPN's stuff comes from. 

Wilson being 9th on that list is also stupid.  Of all the young QB's he's the clear winner. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

It's the sub-moronic talking heads (Bayless, Smith et al) and undue sensationalism that make ESPN unbearable. The 30 for 30 series was great, but aside from that, I really only go to the site to read the box scores or view player transactions.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Ah, isn't it interesting when things are out of context?  Just saying that TB is not in the top 10 best list elicits outrage here unless you say what that top 10 list is.  One thing we can say, TB may not make the top 25 fastest QBs in the NFL list!!! (-;

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ah, isn't it interesting when things are out of context?  Just saying that TB is not in the top 10 best list elicits outrage here unless you say what that top 10 list is.  One thing we can say, TB may not make the top 25 fastest QBs in the NFL list!!! (-;

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

SO this thread started me out angry....then understanding....then dumbfounded....and now neutral.

As a fantasy QB list...I really have no issue.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the biggest fantasy is ESPN being"biased" against the Patriots

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to oklahomapatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ESPN will look back on that top 10 list next year when TB is hoisting the Lomabardi and realize how stupid they were to not include TB.

[/QUOTE]

u predict that every year...you're going on 0-10

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Fantasy Football?!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to oklahomapatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

u predict that every year...you're going on 0-10

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

lol look who's talking about going 0-10. Metro-Tool. How many wins this year?   6?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

What I don't get people on here hate ESPN so much , but know everything they post in a heart beat.why if hate something so much do you read ESPN stuff so much?

Sections
Shortcuts