ESPN's experts predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

ESPN's experts predictions

Yes, ESPN and it's group of highly trained experts have made their predictions based on their expert knowledge of football. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/09/06/2010.predictions.1/index.html I'm always amused when a group of sports writers try to act as if they know more then the rest of us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: ESPN's experts predictions

The whole fading Patriots BS comes from most writers disdain of the Pats because no one involved with the team will give them the time of day

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

OK, it was done before the regular season began.  Some of them might want a redo.  It does make your point though, they often aren't any more right than we are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

In Response to ESPN's experts predictions:
    Yes, ESPN and it's group of highly trained experts have made their predictions based on their expert knowledge of football. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/09/06/2010.predictions.1/index.html  I'm always amused when a group of sports writers try to act as if they know more then the rest of us.
    Posted by NoahJustin

it's game 1  I remember the Pats starting the season 0-1 smashed by the Bills 31-0...  guess what they won the SB that year...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

I think those of you who feel the angst against the Pats at ESPN stems from the Pats reluctance to divulge inside information to them(or pretty much anyone else)could very well be the cause of their seemingly constant negative attitude towards the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Sport predictions are tough, otherwise people would get rich on sports bets.  They don't.

What I find appalling about ESPN is the lack of knowledge, even-handedness and accuracy of their primetime football broadcasters.  I never played organized football, though I watch it often, and I find it troubling that I - a lay person - am more attuned to the rules, players' names, etc. than these so-called experts. They screw-up on called penalities, players' histories, strategies, missed penalities, rules and a host of other things. Give NBC and FOX their due, they have pros.  ESPN has professional clowns.  Ditto for the NFL Network.  It's hard to believe these guys ever played ball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Most pre-season predictions do not survive the first contact wiht the regular season.  The "EXPERTS", including experts posting here should refrain from doing so, until they have something current to go on. 

Last years performance and who drafted who for what are indicative of nothing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN's experts predictions:
    Sport predictions are tough, otherwise people would get rich on sports bets.  They don't. What I find appalling about ESPN is the lack of knowledge, even-handedness and accuracy of their primetime football broadcasters.  I never played organized football, though I watch it often, and I find it troubling that I - a lay person - am more attuned to the rules, players' names, etc. than these so-called experts. They screw-up on called penalities, players' histories, strategies, missed penalities, rules and a host of other things. Give NBC and FOX their due, they have pros.  ESPN has professional clowns.  Ditto for the NFL Network.  It's hard to believe these guys ever played ball.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Actually, chris, I think it's the fact that they did play ball which hampers them. A lot of the ex-players and coaches know about preparation as it relates to scouting an opponent and playing a game. That is not the same thing as researching two teams and preparing for a broadcast. When I was in journalism school, the biggest mistake you could make was to get a guy's name wrong. Mis-identify someone in a story and you automatically get a failing grade for that piece. On NFL broadcasts, not only do they not consider being unprepared a big deal, they make a point of not correcting each other or pointing out bonehead takes. That functional morons like . . .   oh, say . . .  Dan Dierdorf can make a career out of being stupid on the air while broadcast professionals can't find jobs because they're all filled by ex-jocks doesn't really seem fair.

But then again . . .  what is?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbtrick. Show bbtrick's posts

Not sure why no one has pointed this out yet - the article is from SI not the national enquirer of sports networks (ESPN).

Not that SI is any better in their coverage of the Pats than ESPN.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN's experts predictions : Actually, chris, I think it's the fact that they did play ball which hampers them. A lot of the ex-players and coaches know about preparation as it relates to scouting an opponent and playing a game. That is not the same thing as researching two teams and preparing for a broadcast. When I was in journalism school, the biggest mistake you could make was to get a guy's name wrong. Mis-identify someone in a story and you automatically get a failing grade for that piece. On NFL broadcasts, not only do they not consider being unprepared a big deal, they make a point of not correcting each other or pointing out bonehead takes. That functional morons like . . .   oh, say . . .  Dan Dierdorf can make a career out of being stupid on the air while broadcast professionals can't find jobs because they're all filled by ex-jocks doesn't really seem fair. But then again . . .  what is?
    Posted by p-mike

Good points. 

I am a journalism grad, too - UF '96.  Yeah, instant "F". 

Professional training - I guess that's why Al Michaels will always be a comparatively great broadcaster and Jaws and Gruden will not. And note how Michaels rarely calls attention to his personal life.  Those clowns are always joking around about their personal stuff that we fans find so trivial and boorish.

But it makes you feel better think of this: As trained broadcasters' carrers are threatened by ex-jock broadcasters, ex-jock broadcasters' careers are threatened by the likes of that Azteca sports reporter.  It's only a matter of time...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN's experts predictions : Good points.  I am a journalism grad, too - UF '96.  Yeah, instant "F".  Professional training - I guess that's why Al Michaels will always be a comparatively great broadcaster and Jaws and Gruden will not. And note how Michaels rarely calls attention to his personal life.  Those clowns are always joking around about their personal stuff that we fans find so trivial and boorish. But it makes you feel better think of this: As trained broadcasters' carrers are threatened by ex-jock broadcasters, ex-jock broadcasters' careers are threatened by the likes of that Azteca sports reporter.  It's only a matter of time...
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Apply now smart azz.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

It's a shame because this is what ESPN has evolved to. It's no longer sports it's entertainment. It's not about skill and technique and sportsmanship , it's all about the flash the pizzazz. Personally I don't like it and it's changed my view of sports. Personally I love the CBS Sports crew. I think that they are old school in covering all sports. ESPN is trash.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Thanks for the link.

Does Don Banks know that the Pats already got a look at the new stadium when they played the Giants in the preseason? Isn't this guy some kind of sports writer or something?

Sections
Shortcuts