ESPN's Rob Parker To Be Fired For Racism

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Re: ESPN's Rob Parker To Be Fired For Racism

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

most blacks are racist by definition. Just look how they vote in elections, 95-97% for the black candidate. Other races don't vote that way!!!!

That's ridiculous.  Check out the white presidential vote in Mississippi and Alabama in 2008 and 2012.  And besides the black vote for white Democratic candidates is 90%. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I dont know who he is, and for a board that seems to always put down ESPN, and say they are irrelevent, you guys sure do know a lot about the station. To me, ESPN is like BET, who watches it?!?   Its been a joke for a while now

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Remember this is the same idiot that stated  Bud Selig should nix the Marlins trade cause it wasn't fair. He went on to say the commisioner should review all trades to make sure they're fair, what a fool. This guy is a sports writer, what an inept statement to make.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I dont know who he is, and for a board that seems to always put down ESPN, and say they are irrelevent, you guys sure do know a lot about the station. To me, ESPN is like BET, who watches it?!?   Its been a joke for a while now

You should check it on out Monday night during football season sometime...LOL  BTW What os BET?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Used to be black entertainment television and now is Black Exploitation television and of course i would watch ESPN if they had the Pats game exclusive but even then, they show it locally on ch. 5 too so I have no need to watch unlesss college football is on or Celtics.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

People actually watch First Take?It's the "Honey-Boo-Boo" of sports

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

His love affair with Rodgers could be even worse than this...

I agree! Other than Skip, no one has anything good to say about the Pats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to FLY2K's comment:

In response to freediro's comment:

His love affair with Rodgers could be even worse than this...

I agree! Other than Skip, no one has anything good to say about the Pats.

not that that show is great anyways, but that show would be absolutely nothing without skip bayless.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

They have a pre-show planning meeting before every show so they knew this was coming unless he just through it out there.  The funny this is every time Stephen A and Skip touch on Race they are really careful and tiptoe around it.  You can see Stephen A sweating whenever they do it.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

most blacks are racist by definition. Just look how they vote in elections, 95-97% for the black candidate. Other races don't vote that way!!!!

Since Nixon, blacks have voted about 90% Democratic in presidential elections. So, blacks support the democratic party, regardless of the race of its candidate all of whom where white prior to Obama.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

That's ridiculous.  Check out the white presidential vote in Mississippi and Alabama in 2008 and 2012.  And besides the black vote for white Democratic candidates is 90%. 

i am black and suppoirted obama.. you are getting your facts twisted. the national repub party with their southern strategy and refusal to enter the 21st century socially and culturally have forced blacks like me to obama.. what choice is there? i supported reagan both times and george the first for president.. since clinton, i have gone with dems nationally each time.. that is due to the fringeness of the present day GOP.. who else embraces stupidity as a virtue? do u c dems throwing out a sarah palin (credential wise) out there for national office? GOP jumped the shark! ocally, i have often voted gop despite the black running against him or her.. if GOP could ever nominate (impossible right now) a colin powell, absolutely i would vote for him over obama.. same with a bill clinton.. i would vote for clinton over bama.. its the ideas you MORON!

I don't believe a word you said. Black and a commie. Your posts are usually laughable and inane!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

i am black and suppoirted obama.. you are getting your facts twisted. the national repub party with their southern strategy and refusal to enter the 21st century socially and culturally have forced blacks like me to obama.. what choice is there? i supported reagan both times and george the first for president.. since clinton, i have gone with dems nationally each time.. that is due to the fringeness of the present day GOP.. who else embraces stupidity as a virtue? do u c dems throwing out a sarah palin (credential wise) out there for national office? GOP jumped the shark! ocally, i have often voted gop despite the black running against him or her.. if GOP could ever nominate (impossible right now) a colin powell, absolutely i would vote for him over obama.. same with a bill clinton.. i would vote for clinton over bama.. its the ideas you MORON!

Might be the smartest thing you've ever said here, but it's slighty disturbing if you voted back in the 1980s, that means you're at least in your 50s.  So, you've created a character here to create drama on threads like you do?

My god, dude.   Maybe you shouldn't be voting? haha

Anyway, much of what you bring up in terms of a party shift to the right, for BOTH parties, was debated about intensely leading up to the elections. The difference is, only ONE part was already on the right, which means, the one on the left, shifting right, shifted to the middle.

The problem for the Repubs is it might too late to change this problem and the fact that such a large chunk of their financing comes from the bible thumping, Walmart shopping, V* car/truck driving MORONS who have no idea they're being taken for a ride.   The days of Reagan are long gone. 

Our friends, TWSFAN, a guy I had to bludgeon on these concepts leading up to 11.6, didn't understand this.

Boy, you couldn't bludgeon me the best day of your life!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Might be the smartest thing you've ever said here, but it's slighty disturbing if you voted back in the 1980s, that means you're at least in your 50s.  So, you've created a character here to create drama on threads like you do?

My god, dude.   Maybe you shouldn't be voting? haha

Anyway, much of what you bring up in terms of a party shift to the right, for BOTH parties, was debated about intensely leading up to the elections. The difference is, only ONE part was already on the right, which means, the one on the left, shifting right, shifted to the middle.

The problem for the Repubs is it might too late to change this problem and the fact that such a large chunk of their financing comes from the bible thumping, Walmart shopping, V* car/truck driving MORONS who have no idea they're being taken for a ride.   The days of Reagan are long gone. 

Our friends, TWSFAN, a guy I had to bludgeon on these concepts leading up to 11.6, didn't understand this.

Boy, you couldn't bludgeon me the best day of your life!!!!!!  You probably have to squat to P

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

“For me, you don’t ever want to be defined by the color of your skin,” Griffin said at the end of Wednesday’s post-practice news conference in reference to a question about Martin Luther King, Jr., via USA Today. “You want to be defined by your work ethic, the person that you are, your character, your personality. That’s what I’ve tried to go out and do.

If most people carried this attitude (regardless of skin color), this country would be in a much better place than it is right now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Rob Parker is suspended, not fired.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

not sure if thats racism or just stupidity.

Not racism and certainly not stupidity.

All depends on one's view of the role of government, which is largely dependent on economic class.

If you come from a privileged class, you tend to believe the role of government is to protect what you have; strong military, active police force, plenty of prisons. And since the privileges of your class allow you to pay for things like private school and health care, you don't want any of your tax dollars supporting anyone else who is not in your class.

If you come from an underprivileged class, you tend to think the role of goverment is to provide equal opportunity to all its citizens. You tend to think things like education and health care should be the dignified right of all US citizens, not just a privilege for those blessed with well off parents.

Republican platforms tend to favor the privileged and Democratic platforms tend to favor the underprivileged (which includes poor American whites, who, by dollar volume, are the majority recipients of welfare, food stamps, and other public assistance programs).

Since American whites enjoyed a 200-300 year economic and civil head start over American blacks, American blacks are economically underprivileged; therefore, it does not make much sense for them to vote for the Republican Party. Conversely, it makes equally little sense for upper class American whites to vote for the Democratic Party.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The only time I watch ESPN is for Monday Night Football.  I don't even know who the guy is.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

His suspension is a prelude to his firing for whoever claimed has claimed he has just been suspended.  He is done.

I hope he will be fired, but still waiting to see if ESPN has the balls to do it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

not sure if thats racism or just stupidity.

Not racism and certainly not stupidity.

All depends on one's view of the role of government, which is largely dependent on economic class.

If you come from a privileged class, you tend to believe the role of government is to protect what you have; strong military, active police force, plenty of prisons. And since the privileges of your class allow you to pay for things like private school and health care, you don't want any of your tax dollars supporting anyone else who is not in your class.

If you come from an underprivileged class, you tend to think the role of goverment is to provide equal opportunity to all its citizens. You tend to think things like education and health care should be the dignified right of all US citizens, not just a privilege for those blessed with well off parents.

Republican platforms tend to favor the privileged and Democratic platforms tend to favor the underprivileged (which includes poor American whites, who, by dollar volume, are the majority recipients of welfare, food stamps, and other public assistance programs).

Since American whites enjoyed a 200-300 year economic and civil head start over American blacks, American blacks are economically underprivileged; therefore, it does not make much sense for them to vote for the Republican Party. Conversely, it makes equally little sense for upper class American whites to vote for the Democratic Party.

this would make sense if obama actually did anything to help out the middle class and lower class....i would support obama if he helped those people get and stay on track, but he just hasnt. i hope he improves in his 2nd term, but after the debacle which was his 1st term, im not holding my breath.

Sections
Shortcuts